New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiMan RE-600 Review - Page 7

post #91 of 494

IE800 being the TDK or Sennheiser one? Neither is comparable I suppose.

 

Considering that the build quality (that is, cable) is improved over RE-400, it is darn good.

 

Also, Hifiman, really release that NOW! It's way overdue!

 

post #92 of 494

I totally concur with HiFlights findings. I have had the RE600's for a few days now and they are excellent sounding. Frankly, having seen what Ron wrote, and while I trust his ears, I was not expecting what I am hearing. These are so open and transparent and dynamic that it belies their size. I don't know how they do what they do with such a tiny driver but they in fact, do. These could be your one and only in the ear monitor, IMO. 

 

Balanced and unbalanced they sound great and are very easy to drive, working well out of an amp and equally well out of any dap I have tried. Very enjoyable balanced out of the HM901. 


Edited by jamato8 - 6/23/13 at 8:34pm
post #93 of 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

I totally concur with HiFlights findings. I have had the RE600's for a few days now and they are excellent sounding. Frankly, having seen what Ron wrote, and while I trust his ears, I was not expecting what I am hearing. These are so open and transparent and dynamic that it belies their size. I don't know how they do what they do with such a tiny driver but they in fact, do. These could be your one and only in the ear monitor, IMO. 

Will you post your own comprehensive review soon, jamato8? I've been dying to read more on these.

post #94 of 494

Did they sound good without an amplifier ?

post #95 of 494

How do these hold up against the FX700 which is priced a fair bit below..??

post #96 of 494

Eagerly waiting for more impressions please!! Especially how they sound compared to RE-400 L3000.gif

post #97 of 494
Awesome review! I've never been the biggest user of iems but I really want to grab a pair of these as I've become quite the hifiman fan over the past few years and love pretty much everything I've tried from them. Hope I get a chance to check these out
post #98 of 494

Would love to hear these.  Hopefully the construction of the cable is improved.  I had the RE400's for a week, and one of the strain relief sleeves popped right off the ear piece and slid down the cable.  It looked like it had simply been glued to the body.

post #99 of 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiascogarcia View Post

Would love to hear these.  Hopefully the construction of the cable is improved.  I had the RE400's for a week, and one of the strain relief sleeves popped right off the ear piece and slid down the cable.  It looked like it had simply been glued to the body.

Glued isn't necessarily a bad thing if done right. I'd bet yours simply didn't receive enough glue, or wasn't properly allowed to sit during construction. I had an RE0 that would fall apart each time I dropped it on a hard surface. It probably wasn't glued together and solely relied on mechanical friction. Have you tried gluing them back on?

post #100 of 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigon_ridge View Post

Glued isn't necessarily a bad thing if done right. I'd bet yours simply didn't receive enough glue, or wasn't properly allowed to sit during construction. I had an RE0 that would fall apart each time I dropped it on a hard surface. It probably wasn't glued together and solely relied on mechanical friction. Have you tried gluing them back on?

Thanks for the feedback!  Yeah, I've glued it back a couple of times.  I guess I thought that the strain relief would provide better relief if it were inserted into the body and held by a flared cuff on the end of the sleeve, or some similar design.  Oh well, they still sound good.

post #101 of 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiascogarcia View Post

Thanks for the feedback!  Yeah, I've glued it back a couple of times.  I guess I thought that the strain relief would provide better relief if it were inserted into the body and held by a flared cuff on the end of the sleeve, or some similar design.  Oh well, they still sound good.

Yeah, that's pretty strange. I know my RE-ZERO's strain relief had a groove (i.e. not glued on) when it ripped off, because part of it was still stuck in the earpiece. I guess they changed it to accommodate the smaller design of the 400's?

post #102 of 494
Great review. 15hz-22K is always an appealing range!
post #103 of 494

I'd be very interested in a HM-901 + RE-600 combo deal. I usually prefer customs, but if these are really all that, it might be worth it to keep 2 pairs.


Edited by Benjamin6264 - 6/23/13 at 7:05pm
post #104 of 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio-Omega View Post

Did they sound good without an amplifier ?

Yes, I have used them with various daps and they are easy to drive and really bring out the sound. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiascogarcia View Post

Would love to hear these.  Hopefully the construction of the cable is improved.  I had the RE400's for a week, and one of the strain relief sleeves popped right off the ear piece and slid down the cable.  It looked like it had simply been glued to the body.

These seem very well constructed. Look pretty bullet proof to me. 

post #105 of 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

I totally concur with HiFlights findings. I have had the RE600's for a few days now and they are excellent sounding. Frankly, having seen what Ron wrote, and while I trust his ears, I was not expecting what I am hearing. These are so open and transparent and dynamic that it belies their size. I don't know how they do what they do with such a tiny driver but they in fact, do. These could be your one and only in the ear monitor, IMO. 

 

Balanced and unbalanced they sound great and are very easy to drive, working well out of an amp and equally well out of any dap I have tried. Very enjoyable balanced out of the HM901. 

Someone told me he heard some thickness in the mids, too much to his taste. I have not heard them so just repeating, but do you feel this to be accurate ?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: