New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiMan RE-600 Review - Page 4

post #46 of 493

the 272 is one pretty mofo , 2 years and no complaints whatsoever i really love it

 

i think re-600 will end up being a better 272 , with more lush mids and better bass .

whoever went ahead and bought it off amazon for 200$ ,was surely one wise customer - i am sure it knocks out many pricier/overated iems from more 'big' companies

IE8(O)
SE535

are the first 2(3) iems that come to mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tympan View Post

Hummm... I haven't hear either of them yet but my Re-272 ($249) knocked out my Senn IE80 ($449) in the first round. No comparison, BAM! †

post #47 of 493

If I were to buy another pair of IEMs soon, they would definitely be the RE-600. But I'm so satisfied with the 400 that I don't feel the need to move... What a nice feeling. Although with the 400 being so enjoyable, I can't imagine the 600 being anything less than stunning, and I fear it might lasso me at some point.

post #48 of 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by proedros View Post

the 272 is one pretty mofo , 2 years and no complaints whatsoever i really love it

 

i think re-600 will end up being a better 272 , with more lush mids and better bass .

whoever went ahead and bought it off amazon for 200$ ,was surely one wise customer - i am sure it knocks out many pricier/overated iems from more 'big' companies

IE8(O)
SE535

are the first 2(3) iems that come to mind

 

272 with better bass texture, bass depth, soundstage and slightly lusher mids and overall a more transparent sounding iem sounds like a winner to me.

post #49 of 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by proedros View Post

i think re-600 will end up being a better 272 , with more lush mids and better bass .
 

Re-600 could very well be responsible for an increased availability of 262, 272, and 400 on the used market ; ) 

post #50 of 493

love the RE-400, can't wait for these.

great review, thanks!

post #51 of 493
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post

So these pretty much suit you more than any of your other IEM's (including customs?) you've had?

Just curious to what customs/universals you've had/listened to?

In-ear monitors that I currently have, or have owned in the past:

Future Sonics: MG6Pro (custom) Atrio, EM3.
Westone: UM2, W3, 4R, ES3X (custom)
Freq: FreqShow (custom)
Etymotic: ER6, ER4B, ER4S, ER4P, ER4PT
Klipsch X10
HiFiMan RE-252, RE-400, RE-600
Sony EX700, EX800ST

Most of the above had attributes that I liked as well as some I didn't, some more than others, but the RE-600 at this point gives me collectively more of what I want in an in-ear monitor than any of the above. That is not to say that I am going to dispose of all my others.

I will say again to those who own the RE-400, if you like them, you will love the 600!
post #52 of 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlight View Post


I will say again to those who own the RE-400, if you like them, you will love the 600!

Deal! 

post #53 of 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlight View Post

...Most of the above had attributes that I liked as well as some I didn't, some more than others, but the RE-600 at this point gives me collectively more of what I want in an in-ear monitor than any of the above. That is not to say that I am going to dispose of all my others...

Would you dispose of the 400 for the 600 or do the 400 have attributes the 600 don't have and therefore worth keeping? (like 262 vs 272)

Or are the 600 "400 on steroids"? Thanks!

post #54 of 493

HiFlight, how does it pair with Tera Player? I read somewhere that it has high impedance dynamic driver. I expect it would work perfectly with TP. Can you confirm this?

post #55 of 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldingMellish View Post


What company has ever come out with something new and labeled it either equal or worse that its predecessor?

That would depend on its place in the product lineup and the marketing strategy.
post #56 of 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post


That would depend on its place in the product lineup and the marketing strategy.

 

 

Anyone looking to ignite interest and sales is not going to say that the new product is worse than the prior one.

post #57 of 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldingMellish View Post

 

 

Anyone looking to ignite interest and sales is not going to say that the new product is worse than the prior one.

 

 

"Hey! Try our new product! It's a pile of s**t!"

post #58 of 493

Haha, I dig the iPhone quite a bit. There's just so much hype and advertisement around it, let alone the commonly crooked nature of big businesses, that it comes off kind of disingenuous. 

post #59 of 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldingMellish View Post


Anyone looking to ignite interest and sales is not going to say that the new product is worse than the prior one.

I don't understand if you just don't know what I'm talking about.

There are a ton of factors involved. What if the 272 was still on the market or your resellers had clauses that they could return them to you, the manufacturer, and get a refund?

You would in essense be telling people that they would be completely wasting their money on your other more expensive product. Great idea!

It's not a bad idea, just not under all circumstances.
post #60 of 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post


I don't understand if you just don't know what I'm talking about.

There are a ton of factors involved. What if the 272 was still on the market or your resellers had clauses that they could return them to you, the manufacturer, and get a refund?

You would in essense be telling people that they would be completely wasting their money on your other more expensive product. Great idea!

It's not a bad idea, just not under all circumstances.

 

I don't know what you're talking about. 

 

All I am saying is that I have as yet to hear a company tell prospective buyers that the new product they came up with is not an improvement or the same thing as what they already have.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: