or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming) - Page 70

post #1036 of 2143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollk2 View Post

I'm not really sure it's 6db in the bass that are added. It's pretty difficult to describe a neutral sound and to my mind if we say it's a clear sound it's not neutral, it's clear (obvious).

Neutrality is a synonym for realistic, IMO, and the FA4 are not so far from realism but it lack some touch of coherency, some touch of emphasis for the harmonics, etc...

Spot on description of the stock FA-4E. I find that with meelec balanced and a sound tube from comply TS they're closer to flat. A bit less mid bass and more present upper mids. Drawbacks are a slight increase in 5-7kHz (between the 4kHz shower sound on schhh and the piercing 8-9kHz treble sibilance on sssss if that makes sense) takes away slightly from the realism. Anyway. Let's remember we like the FA-4E for different reasons; I love the enveloping and intimate soundstage that's good in placement, very good details, overall kind of flat response but with a slight v-shape or at least enhanced bass but still no bloat. The sub bass also feels very real compared to other sets. They're also pretty good with percussions because of this. Giving a more immersive experience than ASG-2 but might just have a bit too much sub bass to present a natural feeling when compared to acoustic drums. Anyway. We all use different tips or cables that slightly change the way we hear the FA-4E. But I think your description is spot on for the stock FA-4E with comply tips. Something is off in the upper harmonics but it's quite close to neutral, albeit more natural.
post #1037 of 2143

And I'm using Ortofon silicone tips and a BTG copper cable, so maybe I've pulled out a touch more mid and treble detail, and cut back on the bass somewhat.... That would lend to a more neutral sound. 

post #1038 of 2143
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonYeol View Post


Spot on description of the stock FA-4E. I find that with meelec balanced and a sound tube from comply TS they're closer to flat. A bit less mid bass and more present upper mids. Drawbacks are a slight increase in 5-7kHz (between the 4kHz shower sound on schhh and the piercing 8-9kHz treble sibilance on sssss if that makes sense) takes away slightly from the realism. Anyway. Let's remember we like the FA-4E for different reasons; I love the enveloping and intimate soundstage that's good in placement, very good details, overall kind of flat response but with a slight v-shape or at least enhanced bass but still no bloat. The sub bass also feels very real compared to other sets. They're also pretty good with percussions because of this. Giving a more immersive experience than ASG-2 but might just have a bit too much sub bass to present a natural feeling when compared to acoustic drums. Anyway. We all use different tips or cables that slightly change the way we hear the FA-4E. But I think your description is spot on for the stock FA-4E with comply tips. Something is off in the upper harmonics but it's quite close to neutral, albeit more natural.

I'm using FA4 with Meelec tips and stock cable, we just don't have the same reference around

post #1039 of 2143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurdt-bada View Post

I don't recommend a cable I'll go for custom tips instead

Hello, 

 

Where did you get your custom tips from?

 

Sorry, I tried to find out this information in older posts...but did not...

 

I have the Earmolds from Earsonics but the hole did not match Fa-4 diameter....:-/

post #1040 of 2143
If you send your IEMs with your ear prints ES or Variphone could do this for you. To my mind Phonak could do this to, easier for you in Switzerland
post #1041 of 2143

Merci RollK2...:-)

post #1042 of 2143
Thread Starter 
I got them from earprotech in Spain it's like acs here so i recommend you acs in uk if you have problems with other companies, anyway if you send them the earmolds and your fischer amps they could open a bit the holes to fit the fa instead of making new ones because my custom tips were made for the sm3 smily_headphones1.gif
post #1043 of 2143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurdt-bada View Post

I got them from earprotech in Spain it's like acs here so i recommend you acs in uk if you have problems with other companies, anyway if you send them the earmolds and your fischer amps they could open a bit the holes to fit the fa instead of making new ones because my custom tips were made for the sm3 smily_headphones1.gif

 

 

It's also an option and a good idea... thank you very much. 

post #1044 of 2143
You can diy yours alone, then you put in the silicone part of a comply foam, for example.
post #1045 of 2143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollk2 View Post

You can diy yours alone, then you put in the silicone part of a comply foam, for example.

 

Another possibility... nice. 

post #1046 of 2143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollk2 View Post

You can diy yours alone, then you put in the silicone part of a comply foam, for example.

The material will have different acoustic properties.
post #1047 of 2143
Thread Starter 
Agree
post #1048 of 2143

Yes clearly, but some people did it on our french forum TellementNomade, and no one said that it was different sounding. It depend of the sound tube size to my mind

post #1049 of 2143
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecala View Post

ZX-1 ordered, it pairs very well with the Fischers I'm told. gs1000.gif
Finally you'll be able to try your boxed fischer amps xD!
post #1050 of 2143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollk2 View Post

Yes clearly, but some people did it on our french forum TellementNomade, and no one said that it was different sounding. It depend of the sound tube size to my mind

Interesting smily_headphones1.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)