Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany - Page 62

post #916 of 1675
Large ones look like meelec triflanges.
post #917 of 1675
Yep and less comfortable than Meelecs to my mind but less expensive too

post #918 of 1675

My FA4´s arrived today! Only listened to them for maybe 30 minutes or so, but they seem fairly similar to the UE 900 - just on steroids. Bigger, more involving and more powerful sound. Exactly what I was looking for! The bass boost is tastefully done: this isn´t a basshead IEM despite the "XB" moniker, but the the bass has real impact and power unlike the UE 900. I´m already happy with them, will post more in depth impressions once I´ve listened to them more.

 

Build quality is on a way different league than UE 900 - not all plastic is created equal, this definitely feels more solid. Cable is exactly the same as with EarSonics: soft, no microphonics, but the plastic thingy after the y-splitter is too high up. Already cut it off though, you just have to be careful not to harm the cable.

 

Last but not least, ergonomics is fantastic. This is possibly the best fit I´ve ever gotten with an IEM. Good seal with the stock silicon (UE style) tips. The shells are very lightweight and almost disappear. I could sleep with these on.

post #919 of 1675
Great first impressions. Or well. Identical to mine. I feel they're pretty much what the UE900 should've been.
post #920 of 1675


I use 7N8P custom cable.
It is wonderful sound!


I bought it from taobao.
And, modify to weston connector.
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=20130205606
post #921 of 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrln View Post
 

My FA4´s arrived today! Only listened to them for maybe 30 minutes or so, but they seem fairly similar to the UE 900 - just on steroids. Bigger, more involving and more powerful sound. Exactly what I was looking for! The bass boost is tastefully done: this isn´t a basshead IEM despite the "XB" moniker, but the the bass has real impact and power unlike the UE 900. I´m already happy with them, will post more in depth impressions once I´ve listened to them more.

 

Build quality is on a way different league than UE 900 - not all plastic is created equal, this definitely feels more solid. Cable is exactly the same as with EarSonics: soft, no microphonics, but the plastic thingy after the y-splitter is too high up. Already cut it off though, you just have to be careful not to harm the cable.

 

Last but not least, ergonomics is fantastic. This is possibly the best fit I´ve ever gotten with an IEM. Good seal with the stock silicon (UE style) tips. The shells are very lightweight and almost disappear. I could sleep with these on.


Thank you for your input. What I find amazing is how, best to my knowledge everybody finds these comfortable. Why don't the other manufacturers with greater experience making iems than Fischer Amps produce comfort on this level?

I have said it before and I will say it again, Fischer's followup to the Fa-4, the Fa-5 will be a game changer when released. Maybe end of this year.

post #922 of 1675
Thread Starter 
These are already game changers man xD
post #923 of 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurdt-bada View Post

These are already game changers man xD


I mean they would challenge the big boys $1500 - $2000+

post #924 of 1675

Anybody know where I can order these? I live in Korea.

post #925 of 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyoo View Post

Anybody know where I can order these? I live in Korea.

Welcome~ I've living in South Korea too.
I've bought it at this link.
http://www.thomann.de/gb/fischer_amps_fa_4e_xb_blue.htm
post #926 of 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecala View Post
 


I mean they would challenge the big boys $1500 - $2000+

 

It would definitely have to improve by a lot since I don't feel the FA-4 challenges any of my customs right now.

post #927 of 1675
Thread Starter 
It''s also a matter of opinions as others in this thread have had or have expensive customs and think that the fa 4e are up there
post #928 of 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurdt-bada View Post

It''s also a matter of opinions as others in this thread have had or have expensive customs and think that the fa 4e are up there

Kurdt bada, that's what he's given you, his opinion.

post #929 of 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecala View Post
 


I mean they would challenge the big boys $1500 - $2000+

 

It would definitely have to improve by a lot since I don't feel the FA-4 challenges any of my customs right now.

 

That's really not an issue. Your "cheapest" one is V6 right? It's still about $150 more than FA-4E not including the time and cost to get impressions, refits etc. And you also automatically lose more if you want to sell it. So for me it's not really any problem and i understand that the FA-4E will have a hard time competing against 2 of the worlds most respected CIEMs of today, one of which holds the 10 point SQ spot on ljokerl's list.

 

We want all opinions and I would love if we could keep the prestige out of it. For me it's more about me enjoying music, telling others how much I enjoy music and my FA's and ultimately getting them to enjoy music as much whether it is with the FA's or with something else. I TRY not to be overly elitist and I don't claim that you have to spend $XXXX to enjoy your music. Just that there are benefits other than pure joy to buying a higher end set of iems/headphones. Such as conserving your hearing.

post #930 of 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by buruma View Post



I use 7N8P custom cable.
It is wonderful sound!


I bought it from taobao.
And, modify to weston connector.
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=20130205606

 

Looks beautiful. And looks very usable. Contrary to my 93spec which is quite horrible to use but looks like it's made of braided angel hair and sounds wonderful.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany