Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany - Page 90

post #1336 of 1743
Thread Starter 
hey people I wonder how is the sound of the ortofon tips with the fa 4? Maybe i should try a pair...

In btw yesterday received the dx 50 quite an improvement in sq from my cellphone+d4 to dx50 line out+d4, the amps sound superb with this combo waiting for my custom cable though wink.gif. and I must say my opinion abut the ex1000 is changing with this combo too, crap why i didn't upgrade my source earlier...
Edited by Kurdt-bada - 4/22/14 at 2:12pm
post #1337 of 1743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurdt-bada View Post

hey people I wonder how is the sound of the ortofon tips with the fa 4? Maybe i should try a pair...

In btw yesterday received the dx 50 quite an improvement in sq from my cellphone+d4 to dx50 line out+d4, the amps sound superb with this combo waiting for my custom cable though wink.gif. and I must say my opinion abut the ex1000 is changing with this combo too, crap why i didn't upgrade my source earlier...

 

As I've mentioned a while back, the Ortofon tips (genuine ones) are far and away the best sounding for me with the FA-4E. It's totally worth trying out some. 

post #1338 of 1743
Thread Starter 
Are these the genuine ortofon tips http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/151281226301?nav=SEARCH ?

Have you tried monster tri flanges or sensorcom?
Edited by Kurdt-bada - 4/23/14 at 2:41am
post #1339 of 1743
Thread Starter 
Just trying my custom tips again while the left side does not isolate i find such a difference in sound and after trying all the bunch of tips availabe as you have seen smily_headphones1.gif I've deceided to rebuild my left ear tip as I find them simply much better with them
Edited by Kurdt-bada - 4/24/14 at 2:40pm
post #1340 of 1743

Got a pair of these guys today. Pretty impressed so far, and that's serious considering their competition is the SM64. 

 

Will post further impressions later, but right off the bat, I'm enjoying the natural sound with a little extra bump in the trunk!

post #1341 of 1743

Someone on the forum has the Fischer Amps FA 4 connected to a Ibasso DX90?, As you think that will go with this player?

Thanks and regards.

post #1342 of 1743
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post
 

Got a pair of these guys today. Pretty impressed so far, and that's serious considering their competition is the SM64. 

 

Will post further impressions later, but right off the bat, I'm enjoying the natural sound with a little extra bump in the trunk!

Awesome! Definitely interested in your opinion vs the SM64 since I considered it along with the FA-4E :popcorn:

post #1343 of 1743
Thread Starter 
There are 3 comparations already with the sm64 attached to the first post if someone is interested smily_headphones1.gif
post #1344 of 1743
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nostoy View Post

Someone on the forum has the Fischer Amps FA 4 connected to a Ibasso DX90?, As you think that will go with this player?


Thanks and regards.
I'm using them with an ibasso dx50 bought this past week + an ibasso d4 and the combination is superb
post #1345 of 1743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurdt-bada View Post

There are 3 comparations already with the sm64 attached to the first post if someone is interested smily_headphones1.gif

I only found one, could you link to the others?

post #1346 of 1743
Thread Starter 

here they are: 

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/667638/fischer-amps-fa-4-e-xb-new-4-ba-iem-from-germany/885

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/667638/fischer-amps-fa-4-e-xb-new-4-ba-iem-from-germany/930

 

You were right there is a comparation by vrnl an a little comp by Rollk2

 

and a comparation with the sme 6 for free: http://www.head-fi.org/t/667638/fischer-amps-fa-4-e-xb-new-4-ba-iem-from-germany/705  


Edited by Kurdt-bada - 4/25/14 at 7:03am
post #1347 of 1743

Thanks!

post #1348 of 1743

Anyone tried the new ibasso dx90 with the FA-4's ? Intrigued just bought a meridian explorer dac a few weeks back got me loving the amps all over again. So i'm thinking there might be a little more potential to squeeze out these bad boys. OH I must add i tried the amps with the sony xperia z and just wow for a phone golly gosh need to try the new Z2 out in May :) need a new phone anyways so perfect excuse 

post #1349 of 1743

Well after a few days of A/Bing I've decided to keep the Fischers. 

 

Compared to the SM64s, they're a little brighter and lighter. More treble energy, less low end, mids are similar given the fact that I think the Earsonics mid bass bleeds a bit. While the SM64s are exceptional in their musicality, their dark signature takes a bit of clarity away compared to the FA4. The FA4s bass is certainly lighter but still enough quantity and great texture all the way to the bottom.

 

Soundstages are interesting. To me the SM64 sounds rounder - like the instruments are surrounding me, while the Fischers sound like the instruments are more in front. Even though the SM64 is a jazz king, the Fischer beats it handily when it comes to classical and still holds its own with my jazz albums. 

 

Tough call overall, but I'm keeping the FA4s and selling the SM64s. :ksc75smile:

post #1350 of 1743

Good choice :) The FA4 is definitely an iem that deserves more recognition but doesn't for some reason.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany