D2000 spare parts
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 6/10/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/10/13
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 6/10/13
- productSchiit Magnitagged by jacksonchansf, 6/10/13
- productSchiit Moditagged by jacksonchansf, 6/10/13
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 4:25 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hi, I'm new and need help with choosing components Last post on 12/10/13 at 1:19am in Computer Audio
- Fiio Ek9 + E17 vs Schiit Magni + Schiit Modi Last post on 8/24/13 at 6:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Cheapest Amp to Drive HD600 Last post on 11/23/14 at 11:13pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- New headphones. Considering amp/DAC for it (Noob alert) Last post on 6/9/13 at 5:53am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
These are also known as the monoprice 8323's. I have these for nearly 2 years. I bought them a few months after my faithfull 8323's. Pros - for the price they deliver the highest quality...
Let me start this review with some information about the company that made these headphones, Philips. The company that invented the CD, the first radio etc. As a Dutch guy, I'm very connected with...
I'll start off by saying I am by no means an audiophile, just a kid with some money and a passion for music. These headphones, as far as I can tell, have more prominent mids than most...
Let me just say one thing up front: if you have any complaints about the speed or the bass extension of these headphones, you need a better headphone amp. /endofdiscussion The HD600s will take the...
Sound is neutral with a slight mid bass tilt. Highs and lows are well extended. Sound stage is large for an iem. The bass has some impact without being boomy. The treble is clear without...
Headphones with Denon D5000 like sound - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks, I was just planning to put a screw and bolt in there like ive seen with other fixes but real parts would be nice.
Update: For the parts £25 delivered, not bad.
Edited by BlutoSlice - 6/13/13 at 8:32am
I used them to fix my D5k. Sent me some sweets with my spare parts as well :)
To the OP:
From Tyll's data on InnerFidelity, I can say the following:
1) The V-MODA M100 is similar to the stock Denon D5000 year 2012, with a bass tilt. However, there is a 5dB drop at 440Hz, a 5 to 8 dB drop between 5kHz and 8kHz, and a bass boost of about 3dB starting around 200Hz and extending to below 20Hz as compared to the D5000. Based on this, you will hear differences between the sonic characters of the M100 and D5000. The M100's recessed midrange at 440Hz is probably most noticeable, but the lower treble drop will be noticeable as well on some music (note that a lot of headphones have this dip, including the Mad Dogs which I've heard and the T50RPs which I own).
2) The Denon AH-D600 is a lot closer to the D5000 year 2012 everywhere in terms of frequency response. There still are dips in the midrange (closer to 250 Hz here) and the lower treble, but they are smaller, and the bass boost relative to the D5000 is less. I've never heard this headphone so I can't say much more about it.
3) A couple headphones you might want to consider are
a) The Yamaha Pro500. It is actually closer to the AH-D5000 than both the M100 and D600 in frequency response, and differs mainly through the lower treble dip. But, there are other issues with this can (low impedance, and some find it uncomfortable). Try before you buy if you can.
b) The Philips Fidelio X1. It is very close to the AH-D5000 in frequency response everywhere except the bass, where the X1 has a midbass hump of about 5dB at 70Hz and rolls off from there, so it misses a little of the lowest end of the D5000. It doesn't have a detachable cord, though, and parts might not be replaceable on it (i.e. long term upkeep might be an issue). I've never heard this headphone. Tyll gave it a positive review.
I own the M100 and Pro500. I like the Pro500 for sound and the M100 for form factor, and wear the M100 outside and the Pro500 inside when I want a bass-tilt sound.
The D2000 is back!!! thanks for the tip on spare parts it all fixed.
I read through this thread and just wanted to chime in because the D5k and Pro900 are my two favorite headphones and the X1 is rapidly gaining its place among them.
I think the Pro900 has a bit more power in the bass and (with a good source, and amp and proper burn in) comparable treble.
But the Pro900's mid range doesn't stack up.... That was why the D5K was such a good piece to have to compliment the Pro900 (for the average basshead) and because it offered a bit more spaciousness in the sound.
I haven't heard the M100 so couldn't speak to that but the X1 is a nice headphone... kinda like what an open back version of the D5k would be but the open back leaks too much air for it to have that same ultimate authority in the low end that made it so addictive. That aside I think the X1 is one of the best all rounder mid range open back cans on the market.
The JVC DX700 is the closest I have found to matching the D5K.... the build quality is not as aesthetically nice (although it can take more of a beating) but the DX700 gives you everything sonically that the D5K did and then some.... It has the same absolute slam in the low end, has the same energetic treble, and same balanced mid range but the absurdly wide cups on the DX700 give it a super W I D E soundstage.
Problem is that it looks absurd when you wear it.... It is the ultimate headphone geek headphone.... So I will eventually be chasing down another D5K on the secondary market when funds allow.
- Headphones with Denon D5000 like sound
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 8 seconds ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 17 seconds ago
- › NVX XPT100 (HM5 clone) - nonexistent bass, tinny and artificial... 53 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Looking for the best amp for the Sennheiser HD 600 I can get for $150 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 2 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Special HDtracks Sale Plus New Led Zeppelin! 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3