As the title says, that's the basics!
Truthfully I'm not sure where to go. I came across this forum while comparing various reviews for various new sets of headphones and figured I could honestly get some feedback from people who actually know about this stuff and have experience with it. That said, I understand that in any hobby - being an audiophile, a gearhead, whatever...there are levels. You want the absolute best? Be prepared to spend $$$$ to get it - just how there are cars $20,000 versus $1,200,000. This is no different in this market, so here's what I ask:
- $250 is what I'm looking to drop, but it is negotiable. I could probably go as high as 350-400.
- reputable brand (decent history, not a fly by night manufacturer, good warranties, etc.)
- a set that will literally sit on my computer desk, be jacked into my speakers for my PC to either game or listen to music - more often music.
- assuming listener likes all types of music (rap to classical as an example), bass is important. low-end is a requirement, so bassless or extremely light-bass cans not an option....but not to say i want extreme sound-distorting bass either!
- look is important - HD558's look like the type of style I want to stick with, but this is more of a pro than a con but not a requirement
In this price range, I have really only found one option, the WS99's
..where do I go from here? i'd like to grab on amazon for security/customer service reasons if possible but if not i'm open to others...need some suggestions!