I returned mine... unfortunately because I really wanted to love them... just too boomy, needed atleast a token amount of NC, and couldn't take the ear pressure after a short listen.
- productPhilips Fidelio L1tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Please suggest gift for my bass player son Last post on 11/24/13 at 7:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- WTB - Philips Fidelio L1 (Lesson Learned) Last post on 12/16/13 at 6:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- FS: Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 11/4/13 at 10:59am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- WARNING! Buy Phillips Headphones AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! Last post on 11/15/13 at 4:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/26/13 at 4:49am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Packaging and build: The packaging is minimal and exquisitely so. The extra tips filters and manual are behind the felt coated foam holding the earphones. As I gingerly dislodged them from the...
Paradigm Anyone? - Page 3post #31 of 428/15/13 at 5:26pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 428/16/13 at 12:10ampost #33 of 428/16/13 at 6:38amThread Starterpost #34 of 4211/9/13 at 7:10am
The Paradigm sort of fell thru the cracks. I revisited them last night and they are very, very nice....if you like a balanced musical sound....big, full open and clear, not bright or boomy...a shade towards warmth....but no mud or murk.post #35 of 4211/11/13 at 8:12amThread Starter
i think i am a bit too used to reference flat as in Ety flat or T1 flat. The Paradigm was certainly boomy and I could not listen to them for more then a few songs at a time. This was in an otherwise quiet listening environment, perhaps the effect is less pronounced in an airplane cabin with the noise around but to that extent the noise cancellation was non-existent. On top of that it put too much pressure on my ears and started hurting after a short time. Just needs some work all around IMHO. Def not what I was expecting from Paradigm, as I have their desktop speakers which are simply amazing.post #36 of 4211/11/13 at 7:46pmQuote:
I have Monitor Series 7 as main, tower speakers, and can't be happier with them, mixed with a Denon amp. So I bought e1 in-ear because they "are voiced matched to Paradigm's Monitor Series speakers". That's so not true. I quickly lost hope though, maybe before they burned… If only I could've try them out before :(post #37 of 4212/6/13 at 6:23amIn my search for a portable headphone at a reasonable price I found a deal on these in CANADA!!! H15 for $99.99! I just ordered them and will post my impressions when they arrrive. Here is the link:
I have never ordered from these guys before so I am crossing my fingers untit they arrive.
Edited by mr.khali - 12/6/13 at 6:24ampost #38 of 4212/7/13 at 9:56amThanks for the link. They look interesting and I'm tempted. FYI I've had a couple good experiences ordering from NCIX.
Beagle how do they compare with the new NADs, which are getting positive reviews?post #39 of 4212/7/13 at 6:36pmpost #40 of 4212/8/13 at 4:53pmpost #41 of 4212/11/13 at 8:14pmQuote:
I just received mine today and they only have about 3 hours on them and this statement made weeks ago rings very true! I was about to buy the Momentum on ears last week even though I felt that they were a bit too dark and congested. I would like to give thanks to the headphone Gods for sending these my way! They sound like what the P5's should have been. It is a crime that these are not discussed with all the other portables because even though they can't possibly suit everyone's taste they will definitely be many who would enjoy these. I am very pleased. I will continue to let these burn in a bit more and report back in a few days.
Edited by mr.khali - 12/11/13 at 8:15pmpost #42 of 4212/12/13 at 4:38am
So glad to hear of another happy Paradigm owner. Yes, these are very underrated, probably because few have had the chance to hear them.
- Paradigm Anyone?
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 13 seconds ago
- › December 2013 Mid-Level DAC Comparison 24 seconds ago
- › Ultrasone Pro 900 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Mrspeakers Alpha Pads 1 minute ago
- › Best Bang for My Buck! Help finding a PC gaming headset under $50-100 1 minute ago
- › Question about tube amps 1 minute ago
- › The Hobbit Movie Thread (and anything else related to Lord of the... 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 2 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe