I noticed Paradigm is now selling their new headphones online and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them? Specifically I would like to know how they sound compared to my Philips L1 I am considering replacing. I was thinking the NC Noise Cancelling version for use on airplanes which is what I normally use the Philips for today. At home and work I use Beyer T1/T5p and love them but this is to be something for on the road use. Currently I use the Paradigm MilleniaOneCT speakers at home and love their sound.
- productPhilips Fidelio L1tagged by jacksonchansf, 6/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Please suggest gift for my bass player son Last post on 11/24/13 at 7:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- WTB - Philips Fidelio L1 (Lesson Learned) Last post on 12/16/13 at 6:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- FS: Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 11/4/13 at 10:59am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- WARNING! Buy Phillips Headphones AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! Last post on 11/15/13 at 4:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/26/13 at 4:49am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
To start off I have to clarify that i am not an "Audiophile", nothing about me is audiophile related except the love of music and headphones. So to start this review i'd like to talk about the...
Since the Gamma y2 is a DIY project I'm not going to comment on the build quality as its dependent on the builder. The Sound The sound of the y2 varies on how it was built. Mine is using...
I just thought I'd write up a review on these headphones. They did a bit getting used to, because the reproduction of sound is so clear and even. Like getting used to a pair of studio monitors...
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Paradigm Anyone?post #1 of 426/8/13 at 9:36amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 426/17/13 at 5:26pmThread Starterpost #3 of 426/17/13 at 5:53pm
Coincidentally I just got my Paradigm H15 today from Paradigm themselves. Ordered Friday afternoon, they arrived today...like they were beamed over.
Oh, they sound very nice.....Paradigm make great speakers and they seem to have got that sound into their headphones. Smooth mids and highs, full but controlled bass. Clean rich sound makes you want to crank 'em up. But I've only got Charlie Sexton and Lizz Wright through them so far. Need more time.post #4 of 426/17/13 at 8:06pmpost #5 of 426/18/13 at 1:51ampost #6 of 426/18/13 at 5:05pmThread Starter
I am curious to hear how they compare to the Philips L1 as that is what they would be replacing. I like the Paradigm desktop speaker sound and also that these have noise canceling for flights which the Philips don't but I wouldn't want to take a step down in sound for it.post #7 of 426/18/13 at 5:23pm
I am finding that, as far as sonics, musicality and emotion involvement are concerned, the Paradigm H15 stomps all over the L1. The H15 seems to draw one right into the music. The midrange is right there, and fully detailed, whereas it is kind of sucked out on the L1.post #8 of 426/18/13 at 10:15pm
Hmm, I'm always intrigued by new Canadian offerings, and I believe this would be the very first Canadian made headphone (unless you count the Psyko gaming headphones). Any idea how good the noise cancelling version is?post #9 of 426/19/13 at 2:20pmQuote:
PSB has headphones...post #10 of 426/19/13 at 2:25pmpost #11 of 426/19/13 at 3:29pm
Oh yeah... whoops, I forgot about M4U2. I think the Paradigm H15 definitely looks nicer though.post #12 of 426/19/13 at 5:43pmpost #13 of 426/19/13 at 6:18pmQuote:
Smooth and extended. But definitely not bright.
I was listening to the title track of Tool's Aenima, which is a very busy and dense mix. The H15 opened the whole midrange up so I could hear right into it, and also hear every detail of Danny Carey's cymbals. Midrange to treble transition is seamless.post #14 of 426/19/13 at 6:26pmpost #15 of 426/20/13 at 10:35amQuote:Originally Posted by Beagle
Smooth and extended. But definitely not bright.
I was listening to the title track of Tool's Aenima, which is a very busy and dense mix. The H15 opened the whole midrange up so I could hear right into it, and also hear every detail of Danny Carey's cymbals. Midrange to treble transition is seamless.
It may be too early, but how are these comparing to the usual suspects: DT1350, Momentum, 550?
Edited by robm321 - 6/20/13 at 10:40am
- Paradigm Anyone?
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Looking to buy a second-handed amplifier to couple with my... 55 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2, plus comparisons (Added ER4S) 1 minute ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 2 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 16th 2013 and feature poll... 2 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version updated on 6/9, can balance... 4 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe