- 22 Posts. Joined 6/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- What to get for Christmas? Last post on 12/6/12 at 3:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Buying advice: ESW9 or HFI-780 (after I disliked the MDR1's) Last post on 12/5/13 at 5:57pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- p5 v p7 v mdr1 v vmoda 100 v m50 v momentum. Which one? Last post on 12/4/13 at 4:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica ATH - M50 or Sony MDR - 1R? Last post on 12/8/13 at 8:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-1R or ATH-WS99 Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Sound Quality Straight out of the box, it sounded great, pretty much like the original CAL!. I’ve done over 100 hours of burn-in. DAC is FiiO E10. As I mentioned in one of the posts, it reminded...
The smallest, toughest, yet great sounding player you can buy. Though that really depends on your luck, but it can be found for as low as 20 euros on eBay, other classifieds, or your local...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > HPH-200. If you are looking for a ~$100 on ear open can that...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
sony mdr-sa5000 and mdr-1r comparisons???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
1r though is very competitive with other closed portables (momentum, Fidelio l1, ws99, m100, etc.)
As former owner of both, IMHO, 1R cannot compare to the SA5000 by any means concerning sound quality. It's a different design altogether, remeber. Also, I think MA900 too is quite far in technical perfomance in most areas. It is however closer than the 1R but that doesn't mean that it's a flagship product. Sadly, Sony isn't touting any one definte high-end product in the full-size category these days. I hope they'll be able to recover in the near future and re-compete with the big boys.
The MDR-1R, SA5000 and MA900 have clearly different tunings which makes them a little hard to compare. The MA900 is my personal favourite of the 3 and probably the least controversial of the three. The SA5000 is like listening to laser beams, whereas the MDR-1R sounds decent for $200. I wouldn't necessarily say that any one of them was better than the others (though I would never have paid the original retail price for the SA5000) but the MA900 is probably the best overall package. :3
Edited by a_recording - 6/7/13 at 6:47am
Through my research, the K550 seal pretty well. Only for some people it's hard to get a proper seal. Once you can get it to fit well, it will isolate pretty well. This is only based on my research though. I don't have a headphone amp so I got something that doesn't require too much power.
- sony mdr-sa5000 and mdr-1r comparisons???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 11 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 11 seconds ago
- › Your opinion about cables (RCA , toslink & speaker-wire) 58 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 1 minute ago
- › Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12) 3 minutes ago
- › Multiple Inputs to Schiit Magni 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi