- 32 Posts. Joined 6/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- What to get for Christmas? Last post on 12/6/12 at 3:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for advice on a new set of headphones and more - Seriously needing help Last post on 3/9/15 at 11:59pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Senn Momentums, lateral upgrade or ? Last post on 3/5/15 at 7:03am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Mdr 1abt? Last post on 3/31/15 at 2:39pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- need help deciding on my next purchase, sony mdr1r bt mk2 or logitec ue 9000? Last post on 1/7/15 at 6:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Thanks to Luke (H20Fidelity) for letting me a part of the Australian leg of the COZOY DAC/Amp tour and for Igor (DJScope) for the personal delivery, no doubt due to him enjoying the unit so much...
This review is for the Linum Bax 2-Pin, Bax IEM and headphone cables. Let me introduce myself my name is Adam, I live in the states between Philadelphia and New York City. I have been into audio...
Havi B3 Pro 1 - Pictorial Review Let me start by saying that ......the purchase of B3Pro1 has been long time coming ever since introduced by bhazard in the Chinese thread early last year...
I have posted a more detailed review on my blog with hi resolution pictures. http://blog.hyperexpert.com/audio-technica-at-pha50bt-first-impressions-and-review/ I stumbled upon Audio Technica’s...
My impressions is that these don’t sound significantly different than the cheaper SP version in terms of sound signature. The biggest difference is detail, more extended highs and smoother mid. If...
sony mdr-sa5000 and mdr-1r comparisons???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
1r though is very competitive with other closed portables (momentum, Fidelio l1, ws99, m100, etc.)
As former owner of both, IMHO, 1R cannot compare to the SA5000 by any means concerning sound quality. It's a different design altogether, remeber. Also, I think MA900 too is quite far in technical perfomance in most areas. It is however closer than the 1R but that doesn't mean that it's a flagship product. Sadly, Sony isn't touting any one definte high-end product in the full-size category these days. I hope they'll be able to recover in the near future and re-compete with the big boys.
The MDR-1R, SA5000 and MA900 have clearly different tunings which makes them a little hard to compare. The MA900 is my personal favourite of the 3 and probably the least controversial of the three. The SA5000 is like listening to laser beams, whereas the MDR-1R sounds decent for $200. I wouldn't necessarily say that any one of them was better than the others (though I would never have paid the original retail price for the SA5000) but the MA900 is probably the best overall package. :3
Edited by a_recording - 6/7/13 at 6:47am
Through my research, the K550 seal pretty well. Only for some people it's hard to get a proper seal. Once you can get it to fit well, it will isolate pretty well. This is only based on my research though. I don't have a headphone amp so I got something that doesn't require too much power.
- sony mdr-sa5000 and mdr-1r comparisons???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › "The Lab" 19 seconds ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 23 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 26 seconds ago
- › Best Portable Wireless Headphones for Gym/Running/ect under $200 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The... 2 minutes ago
- › Seattle Head-Fi - Portable Club 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2