- 28 Posts. Joined 6/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- What to get for Christmas? Last post on 12/6/12 at 3:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can you guys help me choose between these headphones? Last post on Today at 11:50 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need help to buy my ideal headphones, for Rock and Metal, between $150 and $200. Last post on 9/12/14 at 4:03am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R Last post on 9/17/14 at 10:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Awesome or Gimmick ? Sonys MDR-1ADAC Last post on 9/16/14 at 11:11am in Headphones (full-size)
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
sony mdr-sa5000 and mdr-1r comparisons???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
1r though is very competitive with other closed portables (momentum, Fidelio l1, ws99, m100, etc.)
As former owner of both, IMHO, 1R cannot compare to the SA5000 by any means concerning sound quality. It's a different design altogether, remeber. Also, I think MA900 too is quite far in technical perfomance in most areas. It is however closer than the 1R but that doesn't mean that it's a flagship product. Sadly, Sony isn't touting any one definte high-end product in the full-size category these days. I hope they'll be able to recover in the near future and re-compete with the big boys.
The MDR-1R, SA5000 and MA900 have clearly different tunings which makes them a little hard to compare. The MA900 is my personal favourite of the 3 and probably the least controversial of the three. The SA5000 is like listening to laser beams, whereas the MDR-1R sounds decent for $200. I wouldn't necessarily say that any one of them was better than the others (though I would never have paid the original retail price for the SA5000) but the MA900 is probably the best overall package. :3
Edited by a_recording - 6/7/13 at 6:47am
Through my research, the K550 seal pretty well. Only for some people it's hard to get a proper seal. Once you can get it to fit well, it will isolate pretty well. This is only based on my research though. I don't have a headphone amp so I got something that doesn't require too much power.
- sony mdr-sa5000 and mdr-1r comparisons???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Sennheiser HD 800: The First Listen, The First Review 20 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 37 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Darkvoice 336se 3 minutes ago
- › Tastefully modded T50RP with BTG hybrid cable & HiFiMan SMA connectors 3 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › FS/FT: Brand new KEF M200 in-ear monitors 4 minutes ago
- › marital discord! need headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)