FWIW, I've heard the Abyss sound absolutely fantastic on the Woo 234 and I've heard them sound incredibly average on almost everything else.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Woo Audio WA234 Mono Blocks, AKG K1000, and Abyss.... Last post on 10/24/14 at 11:03am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Should I go for Abyss or LCD-X plus LFF code-x Last post on 5/4/14 at 1:16pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Official/ New York Spring Meet Sat April 5 2014 - Impressions Thread Last post on 7/3/14 at 11:20am in Head-Fi Meet Impressions, Trade Show Reports, Factory Tours
- Whats this gigantic headphone brand/model?! (See first post for picture) Last post on 3/28/14 at 8:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold with Abyss AB-1266 - Head-Fi TV Last post on 2/18/15 at 4:23pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
got one bad connection and replaced. But still you have to carry it carefully. Sound quality definitely improved.
Setting buttons easily to get clicked if you hand helding it. USB connection plug or jack is better than mico USB kind. For similar price, there are better, smaller one in the...
-- The HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) is a wonderful, simple, clean DAC/Amp that is easy to use. I love things that just work. With the HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2,...
The KZ-ED9 is one of the best in-ear phones i ever heard. Tried a lot and spend a lot on very expensives ie earphones. This one is my favorite, very detailed sound! Use it with the Ibasso Dx90 and...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread - Page 55
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Isn't Purrin using them with a Schitt Valhalla or am I misinformed?
That is his intention - till his semi-custom amp is finished.
Are these widely available? I would want to carefully audition a pair, preferably with my own set up, if ever I am considering buying one. My local JPS Lab dealer told me they would only bring in one if a customer places a firm order.
Whoops, sorry ! I missed that the poster said Valhalla, not Vali.
It isn't his aim to use the Vali for long, just until his new amp (which I believe is designed around DHT tubes) arrives.
First set Up is :
Source : iPhone 4s mod
Dac : Cypher Labs Class Solo tactical design
Amp : ALO Rx 3 B
Second set Up is :
Source : iPhone 4s mod
Dac / Amp : Theorem 730 In This set Up as My dac
Amp : RSA The Intruder
These Two best set Up are runcing In Balance RSA
Abyss 3 Pin Balance > 3 Pin Female balance to male 4 balance > 4 Pin Balance To rsa going to My Intruder or Alo Rx 3 B
Overall : SQ are like desktop Amps With Powerful SQ wothout distorsion .
Until now these Two are My best set Up to drive Abyss 1266
Thanks...but not mine. These belong to Jack Wu of Woo Audio. They were taken for his website.
- The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon 4 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 10 seconds ago
- › The "speed" of headphones 13 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 30 seconds ago
- › For what headphone do I really need an amp? 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › New Shure SE215 - First Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Best gear for listening to classical music... 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2