Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread - Page 54

post #796 of 1218
Rudi

No. It is admirable what you are bringing to the table and acknowledging what a versatile headphone the Abyss is, and the fact that it can sound truly wonderful from portable stacks.

I am just adding to your findings that the Abyss can scale up, to an incredible level. I do not think I have reached the Abyss' limitations and am finding this journey so much fun.

The Abyss is the only headphones I have been listening to, of late, purely due to the fact, other headphones pale by comparison.
post #797 of 1218

Hey Gav, you're up late. Anyways, can wait to get my Abyss delivered next week and can chime in and make some contribution to this thread. My LAu is starting to get run in after 7 days and sounded quite superb tonight with very rich overtone and details. Of course the Nordost power cable did contribute quite a bit.

post #798 of 1218
Quote:
Originally Posted by holeout View Post

Hey Gav, you're up late. Anyways, can wait to get my Abyss delivered next week and can chime in and make some contribution to this thread. My LAu is starting to get run in after 7 days and sounded quite superb tonight with very rich overtone and details. Of course the Nordost power cable did contribute quite a bit.

Hiya.

Sleep soon! Too much listening and not enough sleep:)

The Cavalli LAu is stellar and as per our private conversations has a refined European overtones to it character. It adds to the sonics. I am definitely not in the wire with gain camp.

Yes, I am very interested in your Studio 6 v LAu with the Abyss thoughts.

For me, after auditioning the Q7, revaluation was necessary as I did not want to pursue a course of tuning my system that was beginning to sound too euphonic and sweet.

The Nordost is definitely complimentary, couldn't be happier.

We are both die hard audiophiles and more or less know, what a realistic sounding system is about. One of the attributes has to be that it sounds excellent with all genres.

The Abyss more than satisfies the above criteria for me.
post #799 of 1218
I want Share some pictures during our Abyss audition This evening at Jaben Store

First 2 pictures was With desktop amp

Source : AK 100 as pure transport
Dac / Amp : Eximus DP1
Amp : Bakoon HDA 5210 mk 3
Headphones : Abyss 1266
Fostex TH 900
LCD 3

92940698d896d299dd3676abf2946ba1_zpsb45bc4ca.jpg

8aea84dbc948b0fe2e0276da6b16a129_zps99b65d24.jpg

4af1c1b1a8d5825b2490b16077c8c595_zps45fcd137.jpg

Below are With portable set Up

Source : iPhone 4s mod
Dac : Cypher Labs Class solo old version
Amp : Alo Rx 3 B
Headphones : Abyss 1266
Fostex TH 900
LCD 3

17751b00f3f55820b09d44f2877aaa16_zps9263e375.jpg
24dd50a916b8eb48a1674d3f2f4db0d8_zpsdeac565c.jpg
Edited by rudi0504 - 11/16/13 at 6:23pm
post #800 of 1218
Nice pictures!!!

The lady has good taste and seems to be enjoying herself the most and probably the only person that the Abyss fits as is.

I am a little disappointed to see that people don't seem to adjust the Abyss???
post #801 of 1218
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post

Nice pictures!!!

The lady has good taste and seems to be enjoying herself the most and probably the only person that the Abyss fits as is.

I am a little disappointed to see that people don't seem to adjust the Abyss???

I tried but i havent gotten the hang of it yet.. Ill get there!

Also...


Shootout!
Edited by VisceriousZERO - 11/16/13 at 5:24pm
post #802 of 1218
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post


I tried but i havent gotten the hang of it yet.. Ill get there!

Also...


Shootout!

 

VZ

 

Awesome!!! Look forward to you thoughts.

 

Will PM you.........

post #803 of 1218
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post

Nice pictures!!!

The lady has good taste and seems to be enjoying herself the most and probably the only person that the Abyss fits as is.

I am a little disappointed to see that people don't seem to adjust the Abyss???[/quote

Thank you Gavin

The Abyss us a demo unit belong to Jaben STC Jakarta
We Do not want to adjust because not our Abyss , The screw is very tight
post #804 of 1218
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post
 
The Abyss us a demo unit belong to Jaben STC Jakarta
We Do not want to adjust because not our Abyss , The screw is very tight

 

I understand but it is akin to buying a decent pair of full range speakers and placing them against the back wall, and probably in the corner:confused_face: 

 

Makes no sense for either party........

post #805 of 1218
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post

I understand but it is akin to buying a decent pair of full range speakers and placing them against the back wall, and probably in the corner:confused_face:  

Makes no sense for either party........

Thank you Gavin

At home I adjust my Abyss follow my head
post #806 of 1218
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post


I tried but i havent gotten the hang of it yet.. Ill get there!

Also... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Shootout!

 

Woopsies? I thought you were driving the Abyss with the Woo WA234 Monoblocks? You have the LAu too?

post #807 of 1218
This video from musical fidelity want show you how to adjust the headband :

Abyss is genius headphone I ever seen

Note Tyll's video in his review as he shows adjustments in his video, about 1 minute in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t23lyqf0p28
post #808 of 1218
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post


I tried but i havent gotten the hang of it yet.. Ill get there!

Also... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Shootout!

 

You might think I'm weird, but of all the kit featured in that photo, the one I covet the most is the little Slee Ultra Linear amp. XD


Edited by kurochin - 11/17/13 at 1:12pm
post #809 of 1218
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurochin View Post
 

 

You might think I'm weird, but of all the kit featured in that photo, the one I covet the most is the little Slee Ultra Linear amp. XD

I love it. Even with CIEMs.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
 

 

Woopsies? I thought you were driving the Abyss with the Woo WA234 Monoblocks? You have the LAu too?

Yerps, my MONOs are attached to some speakers right now...

post #810 of 1218

 

Finally took delivery yesterday! Big thanks to spkr01 for sharing his adjustment and setup experience, most helpful. Still some ways from running in so I'll refrain from commenting on the sound for now. Truly unique set of phones, playing with the adjustments right now and having a great time .....

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread