Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread - Page 43

post #631 of 1150
Our Gungho (Big Bosses) : Munkong and Bious
post #632 of 1150
The headphone collections another view

Edited by kiertijai - 9/4/13 at 4:10pm
post #633 of 1150
The headphone collections and stands at Munkong
post #634 of 1150
Another important man behind the setup : Moowan with the setup
post #635 of 1150

WOW!!!

post #636 of 1150
Diagram of the setup and systems used
post #637 of 1150
Here is selected parts of comment of Warin about the JPS Abyss vs TakeT H2+ vs new Jecklin Float by Warin
(please also read full comment) http://forum.munkonggadget.com/detail.php?id=122176 thread 75

Abyss AB-1266:
First impression I got from these are "accuracy" and "bold". Each sound and note is very tight. If metaphor is needed, I would depict the Abyss as a legion of well-disciplined marching soldier with thunder clamoring sound in their wake. They are just that tight! The bass, both quantity and quality wise, is fantastic. You can feel the oomph and the deep low shaking sound so well. Those who love hip-hop and beat will definitely like it. The songs are very engaging with this pair of headphones. Listening to some pop tracks such as "Rolling in the deep", I find that it might be too engaging for some situations. The wave of sound just keeps coming that I couldn't concentrate on other things. But there was no sign of fatigue that I felt from that.

These cans are astonishingly good with rock, metal, hip hop and engaging genres of music. They also perform well with classical and audiophile track but you won't get the home-system-like atmosphere. They are designed to sound like a headphone! But I can assure that they got more than enough power to deliver the music beautifully.

The overall emotion I got is that they are the most "fun" cans to me. They are definitely better than other planar magnetic breed but worth the price tag? It depends and I couldn’t say. The weight of these might feel heavy on hand but they sit quite well on your head ergonomically. Not stuffing at all too.


takeT H2+: feeling very real and laid-back, sounds so much like a home stereo system. They are light-weight and very comfortable to wear. The con is the system that has to be matched with them. They require the use of power amplifier. However, that means one investment that can be used for both home based and headphone based system!

Sonic-wise, they provide awesome dynamic sound. The drum beats are very life-like. Also, they have got very distinct atmosphere when listening. Female vocal is superb. On the other hand, they can sound very colored to some ears. A track with huge image of vocalist can be a tad too upfront to me. The only weakness of these is that they do not sound very engaging for genres like rock, metal. In conclusion, these pair of cans (okay I’ll call them can) are suitable for audiophile, jazz, classical genres and can be used for a very long period of time without fatigue. Those who love the atmosphere of home system will definitely love these. To be specific, the elder are sure to love them ha-ha.


Jecklin Float QA:
just like the name states. They literally float on your head. First impression, comfort is top notch since they just sit on your head. But there is no sound isolation at all. It is like putting a pair of speakers next to your ears. You will need a room with some privacy to fully enjoy the pleasure that these headphones got to give. Another con, perhaps just to me, is the material of the headband kind of makes my head feel itchy.

Their sound is pretty similar to takeT H2+ in term of being home system-like but I would say Float QA is quite more of monitored type headphones and they sound more open comparatively. The clarity of the drum is somewhat less upfront, however, not in a negative way. Some people would find this kind of drum hitting sound more forgiving to their ears, when listening for a long period of time.

I would say they are monster of the same breed. But if I was to choose, I prefer Float QA to takeT H2+ because I personally feel they are more suitable to wider range of music.
Edited by kiertijai - 9/4/13 at 4:11pm
post #638 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiertijai View Post

Here is selected parts of comment of Warin about the JPS Abyss vs TakeT H2+ vs new Jecklin Float by Warin
(please also read full comment) http://forum.munkonggadget.com/detail.php?id=122176 thread 75

Abyss AB-1266:
First impression I got from these are "accuracy" and "bold". Each sound and note is very tight. If metaphor is needed, I would depict the Abyss as a legion of well-disciplined marching soldier with thunder clamoring sound in their wake. They are just that tight! The bass, both quantity and quality wise, is fantastic. You can feel the oomph and the deep low shaking sound so well. Those who love hip-hop and beat will definitely like it. The songs are very engaging with this pair of headphones. Listening to some pop tracks such as "Rolling in the deep", I find that it might be too engaging for some situations. The wave of sound just keeps coming that I couldn't concentrate on other things. But there was no sign of fatigue that I felt from that.

These cans are astonishingly good with rock, metal, hip hop and engaging genres of music. They also perform well with classical and audiophile track but you won't get the home-system-like atmosphere. They are designed to sound like a headphone! But I can assure that they got more than enough power to deliver the music beautifully.

The overall emotion I got is that they are the most "fun" cans to me. They are definitely better than other planar magnetic breed but worth the price tag? It depends and I couldn’t say. The weight of these might feel heavy on hand but they sit quite well on your head ergonomically. Not stuffing at all too.


takeT H2+: feeling very real and laid-back, sounds so much like a home stereo system. They are light-weight and very comfortable to wear. The con is the system that has to be matched with them. They require the use of power amplifier. However, that means one investment that can be used for both home based and headphone based system!

Sonic-wise, they provide awesome dynamic sound. The drum beats are very life-like. Also, they have got very distinct atmosphere when listening. Female vocal is superb. On the other hand, they can sound very colored to some ears. A track with huge image of vocalist can be a tad too upfront to me. The only weakness of these is that they do not sound very engaging for genres like rock, metal. In conclusion, these pair of cans (okay I’ll call them can) are suitable for audiophile, jazz, classical genres and can be used for a very long period of time without fatigue. Those who love the atmosphere of home system will definitely love these. To be specific, the elder are sure to love them ha-ha.


Jecklin Float QA:
just like the name states. They literally float on your head. First impression, comfort is top notch since they just sit on your head. But there is no sound isolation at all. It is like putting a pair of speakers next to your ears. You will need a room with some privacy to fully enjoy the pleasure that these headphones got to give. Another con, perhaps just to me, is the material of the headband kind of makes my head feel itchy.

Their sound is pretty similar to takeT H2+ in term of being home system-like but I would say Float QA is quite more of monitored type headphones and they sound more open comparatively. The clarity of the drum is somewhat less upfront, however, not in a negative way. Some people would find this kind of drum hitting sound more forgiving to their ears, when listening for a long period of time.

I would say they are monster of the same breed. But if I was to choose, I prefer Float QA to takeT H2+ because I personally feel they are more suitable to wider range of music.

OK, I'm confused... Is this a review or an advertisement for munkongadget dot com?

post #639 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfnutz View Post

OK, I'm confused... Is this a review or an advertisement for munkongadget dot com?

well if you hit both birds with the same stone, why not?
post #640 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post


well if you hit both birds with the same stone, why not?

Because that qualifies as spam. :rolleyes:

post #641 of 1150

That's a lot of gear. I believe it all belongs to one person. I'm so gonna show my wife these photos as evidence that I am totally not spending too much on audio gear.

post #642 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
 

Because that qualifies as spam. :rolleyes:

 

but he did kind of review them while not exactly but oh so subtly promoting munkong?

post #643 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post
 

 

but he did kind of review them while not exactly but oh so subtly promoting munkong?

Then it was spam-ish. 

post #644 of 1150

I was reeeeeaaaaallllll impressed until I saw that "Beats by Dr Dre" in the collection.

 

Cull it out before it infects the others.......

post #645 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by wink View Post
 

I was reeeeeaaaaallllll impressed until I saw that "Beats by Dr Dre" in the collection.

 

Cull it out before it infects the others.......

 

+1

 

was surprised in one of the pics to see the beats studio AND the beats pro all the way at the top of the shelfs

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread