Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread - Page 40

post #586 of 1568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio_head View Post

No.  But my plan has worked!  Noticed you weren't around much lately - and of course, that must be due to not needing to post since all my jokes are up to a cretin certain standard.  Thus, I planned for months the perfect joke to let you down, cause you to come out of hibernation and post about your disappointment in the quality of my punchline.  Next bad joke is scheduled for January 1st and involves a pie chart that determines once and for all what percentage of MH's posts involve him linking back to his LCD-2 vs LCD-3 impressions.

 

Ever the calculator, you! Your timing is good, and I'll be back in a few months.

 

But in the meantime, I've been reading up on the Abyss, to see if it's still something that might interest me. I think that once I gouge my eyeballs out with a white-hot iron and get over the resulting pain, I will be able to disregard their visual prowess and focus on their sound instead. Vision seems to be overrated anyway. Didn't stop Ray Charles from making music.

post #587 of 1568
Quote:
Originally Posted by purrin View Post

Actually what would more interesting is a timeline of MH's headphone audio journey indicating gear along with a selection quotes of such gear. I would pay $50 for that.

Huh, where did that come from, why the insults?

post #588 of 1568

Deafness didn't stop Beethoven from making it either.  

 

If you ended up purchasing an LAu I can't think of a better amp for the Abyss.  Unfortunately the production models have several eye-piercingly bright LED's inside the headphones so I'm not sure you'll be able to handle it.

post #589 of 1568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio_head View Post

No.  But my plan has worked!  Noticed you weren't around much lately - and of course, that must be due to not needing to post since all my jokes are up to a cretin certain standard.  Thus, I planned for months the perfect joke to let you down, cause you to come out of hibernation and post about your disappointment in the quality of my punchline.  Next bad joke is scheduled for January 1st and involves a pie chart that determines once and for all what percentage of MH's posts involve him linking back to his LCD-2 vs LCD-3 impressions.

This made me laugh. very_evil_smiley.gif

 

MH does link his LCD-2 vs. LCD-3 impression quite a lot... evil_smiley.gif 

 

I wish I can be like mwilson and just be happy and only log back here once every few months to check out the miserable people still chasing their headphone dreams... having him back reminds me of the old LCD-2 thread that was shut down and I miss WarriorAnt and Googeli.


Edited by M-13 - 8/13/13 at 1:45pm
post #590 of 1568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfnutz View Post

Huh, where did that come from, why the insults?

No insults golf, some good-natured ribbing among friends who can take jokes (I think).  I've given Purrin a harder time than this and he's only hacked into my bank as payback twice!

post #591 of 1568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio_head View Post

Unfortunately the production models have several eye-piercingly bright LED's inside the headphones so I'm not sure you'll be able to handle it.

 

Is this you joking, or for real? LEDs inside the headphones?

post #592 of 1568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio_head View Post

No.  But my plan has worked!  Noticed you weren't around much lately - and of course, that must be due to not needing to post since all my jokes are up to a cretin certain standard.  Thus, I planned for months the perfect joke to let you down, cause you to come out of hibernation and post about your disappointment in the quality of my punchline.  Next bad joke is scheduled for January 1st and involves a pie chart that determines once and for all what percentage of MH's posts involve him linking back to his LCD-2 vs LCD-3 impressions.

 

The date within +/- 2 sigmas.

post #593 of 1568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio_head View Post

No insults golf, some good-natured ribbing among friends who can take jokes (I think).  I've given Purrin a harder time than this and he's only hacked into my bank as payback twice!

I just figured your comments was an inside joke between you and MH. I guess I miss it because Purrin's reply didn't come off the same way for some reason.

post #594 of 1568
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilson View Post

 

Is this you joking, or for real? LEDs inside the headphones?

 

No, Joe knows better.  Here he is showing off the proto Abyss and he is clearly trying to block some of the light coming from the LF with his hand so that it doesn't blind potential customers.

 

 

I think Purrin meant to put a blue winky face after his post so its all good.  I could tell someone I killed their dog and as long as its followed by the winky face they'd think "oh, my dog may be dead but at least now I'm part of this internet joke thing.  Maybe this is what my mom meant when she told my about friends!"  (Insert winky face here)

post #595 of 1568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio_head View Post

No insults golf, some good-natured ribbing among friends who can take jokes (I think).  I've given Purrin a harder time than this and he's only hacked into my bank as payback twice!

 

If it weren't for all the new members on the LCD-2 thread asking what are the differences with the LCD-3s., instead of typing my comments, seems a lot easier to simply link the wiki I wrote way back when. redface.gif

post #596 of 1568

Ironically, blue winky face is usually a sign I am actually insulting someone. I've noted that one can get away with being very mean on HF provided that the meanie posts are concluded with a blue winky (or yellow smiley) face.

post #597 of 1568
Quote:
Originally Posted by purrin View Post

Ironically, blue winky face is usually a sign I am actually insulting someone. I've noted that one can get away with being very mean on HF provided that the meanie posts are concluded with a blue winky (or yellow smiley) face.

 

+1

post #598 of 1568

My face is not blue.....

What you need is the sarcasm meter.

 

 

or...

or...

 

post #599 of 1568

That's an automatic for RH, especially when he replies to me - if you guys haven't figured that out yet.

 

Actually, R_h's style is really more that of verbal irony than sarcasm. I tend more toward sarcasm because my style is more bitter or caustic.

post #600 of 1568
Quote:
Originally Posted by purrin View Post

Ironically, blue winky face is usually a sign I am actually insulting someone. I've noted that one can get away with being very mean on HF provided that the meanie posts are concluded with a blue winky (or yellow smiley) face.

Meh some of the younger members don't appreciate that sarcasm. I've insulted quiete a few young dumb kids with sarcasim... they where not old enough to graps the concept of the Adult Sarcastic exchange lol..

 

Still 

 

1) they look horrible :D

2) The adds made me think they where some cheap knock off $300 piece of junk. I mean I've never seen the LCD3 or the HD 800 advertised. 

 

3) and Most importantly. I am SO glad to see they are actually REALLY good headphones! I mean I clicked on their add and still assumed, meh must be junk. But in all honesty it was enough to get to me read here that these are some of the best Planar's ever! 

 

So I'm glad I gather'd alittle more info about them b4 I threw them in with the over hyped "Dr.Dre headphones"

 

I'm still not a fan any add that proclaims it self the best of anything, But then again there really is not a lot of Advertisments for high end audio gear is there :O [although I'm more of a fact and spec sheet shopper than an add guy >.>]

 

EITHER WAY, happy to hear these are just as awesome as the Add claims :D 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread