Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread - Page 75

post #1111 of 1632
Quote:
Originally Posted by customcoco View Post

Indeed.

Why can't we realize how insignificant, in the grand scheme of things, this hobby of ours is ? What's the point of endlessly arguing about whether or not one should prefer X to Z ?

Anyway,

Cheers and enjoy what you already have (while dreaming of what you don't) !
beerchug.gif

I can totally agree with the last sentiment! beerchug.gif
post #1112 of 1632

Yay, Nomax,      I am awaiting your report with bated breath and eager anticipation.

post #1113 of 1632
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensonic View Post


.
.

Wow, you recognized me based on my avatar, right ?
Now, I need to change it :-(

In what a small world we live - and what a great hobby we have !
I am happy hearing from you !

You are one of the French guys I was talking to after hearing the Abyss, right ?
I really believed that the Abyss belonged to the Malvalve. I was not aware that it was your HP (sorry).
But now, it is understandable to me that you requested YOUR Abyss back when I was hearing it ;-)
Therefore, I have to thank you even more for giving me (and others) the opportunity to hear this HP !

Fit and sealing as well as weight is a personal thing. I have no problems with the LCD2.2 and the HE6. There is no "MUST" having a fit like the HD800. But with the Abyss I would always have the impression / feeling / concern that something is "wrong". The weight balance is ridiculous (to me), fit is bad and sealing is not there. All those points would prevent me from a relaxing listening and enjoyment.

If the Abyss is not annoying you (in this sense) be happy and enjoy your HP (like others obviously do).
It is just not my cup of tea.

Have fun and see you next time ... some where ... in the universe ...


@ customcoco, thank you, I had the same feeling. Therefore I needed to answer cool.gif

There is no animosity about you, we exchanged a word on the particular made that the headphones belonged to me I was surprised by your post I thought you understood nothing more.
After you can not stand headphones on head no problem, I do not represent JPS even if I find this wonderful headphones but this is only my point of view

 

@ customcoco, nous avons un problème toi et moi !

post #1114 of 1632
Hello Guys NOMAX is Here!


I have my ABYSS since few days now and i CAN NOT understand the Discussion about the seal and the fit!

I was watching THIS VIDEO from JOE and after 15 Minutes i was having the perfekt FIT And SEAL on my HEAD!
The only THING that i fully AGREE is yes THIS HP are the UGLIEST in the World!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GundN7voH5o

Impressions about the sound from me coming SOON!

REGARDS CRAZY NOMAX
post #1115 of 1632
Quote:
Originally Posted by customcoco View Post
 

Indeed.

 

Why can't we realize how insignificant, in the grand scheme of things, this hobby of ours is ? What's the point of endlessly arguing about whether or not one should prefer X to Z ?

 

Anyway,

 

Cheers and enjoy what you already have (while dreaming of what you don't) !

:beerchug:

I have been sort-of considering saving for a pair of these headphones and decided to go right back to the beginning of this thread and skim through it and honestly, the first 26 or so pages is mostly people (most of whom had never even heard them) arguing about why the abyss is overpriced and mustn't be worth it because you can get X for $whatever...  It was a bit frustrating.

post #1116 of 1632
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder01 View Post

I have been sort-of considering saving for a pair of these headphones and decided to go right back to the beginning of this thread and skim through it and honestly, the first 26 or so pages is mostly people (most of whom had never even heard them) arguing about why the abyss is overpriced and mustn't be worth it because you can get X for $whatever...  It was a bit frustrating.

Yes, the price is a bit divisive. I was fortunate that a few friends owned the Abyss and we're able to provide no-holds barred views. And there is no substitute for trying it yourself. It will take a few sessions to get comfortable with the fit and its construction. But you have that figured out, you won't look back. I didn't; smily_headphones1.gif
post #1117 of 1632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomax View Post

Hello Guys NOMAX is Here!


I have my ABYSS since few days now and i CAN NOT understand the Discussion about the seal and the fit!

I was watching THIS VIDEO from JOE and after 15 Minutes i was having the perfekt FIT And SEAL on my HEAD!
The only THING that i fully AGREE is yes THIS HP are the UGLIEST in the World!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GundN7voH5o

Impressions about the sound from me coming SOON!

REGARDS CRAZY NOMAX


I enjoyed reading your impressions of the K812 and look forward to detailed comparisons of the Abyss with your other favorite headphones!

post #1118 of 1632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiats View Post

Yes, the price is a bit divisive. I was fortunate that a few friends owned the Abyss and we're able to provide no-holds barred views. And there is no substitute for trying it yourself. It will take a few sessions to get comfortable with the fit and its construction. But you have that figured out, you won't look back. I didn't; smily_headphones1.gif

true but this is summit-fi so talk of price is kinda irrelevant. having said that i know my own price threshold for a pair of cans is well below the asking price for the abyss no matter how good it sounds.
Edited by up late - 7/3/14 at 4:49am
post #1119 of 1632
Quote:
Originally Posted by up late View Post

true but this is summit-fi so talk of price is kinda irrelevant. having said that i know my own price threshold for a pair of cans is well below the asking price for the abyss no matter how good it sounds.

Agreed, Up Late. We all have our personal thresholds. smily_headphones1.gif
post #1120 of 1632
My Two Best portable set Up to drive Abyss :

First :
source : AK 240
Dac / Amp : Chord Hugo


Second :
source : AK 240
Pre amp : Wagnus Tube pre amp
Amp : Wagnus Epsilon S


SQ :
Wagnus set Up has better sound quality , more analog , intimate mid more High fidelity sound quality
Hugo has more Power overall less analog sounding set Up

IMO


post #1121 of 1632
NICE PICS RUDI!!!

REGARDS FROM AUSTRIA (CRAZY)NOMAX
post #1122 of 1632
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

My Two Best portable set Up to drive Abyss :

First :
source : AK 240
Dac / Amp : Chord Hugo


Second :
source : AK 240
Pre amp : Wagnus Tube pre amp
Amp : Wagnus Epsilon S


SQ :
Wagnus set Up has better sound quality , more analog , intimate mid more High fidelity sound quality
Hugo has more Power overall less analog sounding set Up


You're the type of alchemist that I strive to be! :veryevil: It's been interesting monitoring all the portable systems you've tried out, consistently achieving ever-greater sound quality...but with something this bulky, I'd rather just go all the way with a full-size setup. What I'd be especially interested in you comparing is the Woo Audio WA234 MONO with the Mass-Kobo Model 394!

post #1123 of 1632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomax View Post

NICE PICS RUDI!!!

REGARDS FROM AUSTRIA (CRAZY)NOMAX

Thank you
Vielen Dank from Indonesia biggrin.gif
post #1124 of 1632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Alchemist View Post


You're the type of alchemist that I strive to be! very_evil_smiley.gif It's been interesting monitoring all the portable systems you've tried out, consistently achieving ever-greater sound quality...but with something this bulky, I'd rather just go all the way with a full-size setup. What I'd be especially interested in you comparing is the Woo Audio WA234 MONO with the Mass-Kobo Model 394!

Thank you For Your input

My goal is Only to Share My pictures that By today portable Amps has have significant improvement In sound quality and Power that can have very Good near to desktop Amps.

Until now i havent heard Woo Audio 234 , at our dealer Dont have Any demo unit
I have heard Woo Audio WA 06 , WA 06 SE , WA 22 and WA 05 , all of them to IHMO sound quality are below Mass Ko Bo 394
post #1125 of 1632
In few hours i will give and post my immpression about the sound of this HP!

Regards from AUSTRIA (CRAZY)NOMAX
Edited by Nomax - 7/9/14 at 3:10am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread