- 9 Posts. Joined 6/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Cheapest Amp to Drive HD600 Last post on 6/10/13 at 10:10am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- About to spend 400$ on cans, please help me make a good decision! Lots of details provided. Last post on 6/13/13 at 11:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for punk metal/contemporary rock/alt rock/classic rock? Last post on 2/6/14 at 3:02pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Amazing Audioengine D3 ... Last post on 4/5/14 at 2:16pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [Request] Suggestions for desktop DAC / Amp (HD600, IEMs, desktop speakers) Last post on 1/4/14 at 11:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Introduction)Last edited: 7/23/13
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
NOOB Question: Can you pair Fiio E12 amp + E17 DAC to power Senn HD600s??post #1 of 76/3/13 at 12:24pmThread StarterJust purchased Fiio E12 amp and E17 DAC to power my Senn HD600s. Have seen several references to docking the E17 with the E09K, nothing on pairing the E17with the E12. From what I've read, the E17 would be underpowered to push the HD600s, so I was hoping I could pair them up. Thanks,
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 76/3/13 at 12:33pmIf you get the Fiio L7 line out adaptor you can bypass the e17 volume pot and go straight into the E12 , it's not pretty but it works, I use my E17 with a Grahan Slee Voyager in this way.post #3 of 76/3/13 at 12:36pm
Yes you can use them together but you need to get the FiiO L7 line out adapter for the E17. You can get it here:
However, the E12 may be a bit weak to power the HD600s. They are 300Ω headphones and according to FiiO's website that is the very maximum impedance that the E12 is capable of pushing. You really should have gotten the E09K. You may find that your audio starts to distort because the E12 might have trouble driving your headphones.post #4 of 76/3/13 at 12:39pmpost #5 of 76/3/13 at 12:44pmThread Starterpost #6 of 76/3/13 at 12:49pmThread Starterpost #7 of 76/12/13 at 3:35amThe E12 has no trouble driving a 600 Ohm pair of DT880 headphones.
The E12 has approx. same amount of power as the E09K.
Edited by Chris J - 6/12/13 at 3:37am
- NOOB Question: Can you pair Fiio E12 amp + E17 DAC to power Senn HD600s??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 19 seconds ago
- › Need help choosing the right pair of headphones 57 seconds ago
- › Your favourite "not the best" headphones? 1 minute ago
- › Official plans for firmware updates for the X3 after version 2.10! 1 minute ago
- › Effects of power cords 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 2 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio: NEW! WA7tp (tube PSU) Early-bird offer 5 minutes ago
- › Everybody has different ears... but HOW DIFFERENT? 6 minutes ago
- › Review: ZMF Modified Fostex T50RP. Superb! 7 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude