- 3,169 Posts. Joined 11/2007
- Location: SF Bay / Sacramento Area, California
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- I need some help recognizing some headphones from a video! Last post on 2/12/15 at 6:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a closed headphone for rock\blues around ~$200 Last post on 2/4/15 at 12:09am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Mad Dog + Leather Dog Pads + Comfort Strap (MD003) Last post on 1/28/15 at 9:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- I've been away for a while ... closed-back HD600/HD650 soundalikes? Last post on 1/16/15 at 11:19am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- need help selecting new cans Last post on 12/27/14 at 5:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
This is a wonderful little tube amplifier for the price. I paid only $59 for the amp and it was in perfect condition with a new Electro-Harmonix 6922 tube. The tube itself runs about $15, so the...
INTRODUCTION Altone250 U.S. Tour Being an Altone200 fan, I was quite excited to hear that T-PEOS was updating their IEM lineup with a new Altone series based on feedback received from the H300...
Intro (Kind of) The Westone W30 is one of several IEMs in Westone's newly revamped universal IEM collection, intended as a removable-cable replacement to the older W3. For those of you who are...
I picked these beautiful-looking babies on amazon few days ago when price dropped on amazon (used ones from amazon warehouse for $400), which was a bargain; compared to $300 price tag on HD650's....
**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 61
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I was torn between the two and made my decision that the LCD-3 is next for me. I have never heard either
Having inherited ASR's mad dogs, I kinda feel obliged to post in here. I've been using the akg k240s for almost a year and a half now and when I got these in the mail today, I immediately opened up the box and gave em a run (I mean, who wouldn't ) Needless to say, it was everything I had hoped it would be - no regrets for getting a pair. Nothing bad to say about these except the fact that it makes me want to fork out some more money and buy a vintage amp..
An amazing pair of headphones!
for the price it is, it's most definitely worth it.
After chasing the perfect hp amp for two years, I went to the meet in Atlanta where I got to sample lots of gear in the course of an afternoon. I heard lot's of amps that easily bested the lyr, which at the time was end game for me (don't get me wrong, I love the lyr still). But while those amps had all the power and refinement that I'd always looked for, bottom line they weren't in my budget. Not even close to what I was able to afford.
Then I noticed that several guys were huddled around a vintage receiver/amp someone had brought. I was curious and went over and talked with Michael about his vintage amp. He talked to me about the specs and features and I was even more curious about what the "old steel beauty" was capable of. I asked if I could try my Maddog with the Sansui receiver. He obliged. I couldn't believe the sound that came out of the maddogs. How was it possible that this 35 year old receiver could make the maddogs sound better than my prized lyr with cherry picked tubes. But yet, it did. I ran back to my bag to grab my hd650's. I asked Michael if the Sansui would be too much power for my 650's. "Oh not all, just hit the -20db button and you'll be all set," he says. I got the same improvement with the 650.
I knew then that I must have myself one of these aged beast. I found the very same Sansui 9090 I listened to at the meet just 3.5 hours from my home in Atlanta. So I drove 7+ hours in the pouring rain to some dudes double wide in Sevierville TN. After I offered to fix his ailing PC as part of a barter, I walked out of there with one of the best hp amps I'd ever heard for $150.
I felt like I'd just won the lottery.
This prompted me to do some research into vintage receivers. I now have a Sansui 5000A on the way (looked to be in great condition). lol
- **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 5 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Analogsurviver cage match! 7 minutes ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 18 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 18 minutes ago
- › AUDIOTRAK Prodigy CUBE External USB Sound Card by YoYo JoKeR
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by sarora
- › T-Peos Altone250 by nmatheis
- › Westone W30 Triple Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones,... by C.C.S.
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by KopaZ
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2