- 2,539 Posts. Joined 11/2007
- Location: SF Bay / Sacramento Area, California
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Hi, I'm new and need help with choosing components Last post on 12/10/13 at 1:19am in Computer Audio
- What specs should I look out for when buying portable DAC/amp both Mad Dogs and IEMs? Last post on 12/8/13 at 9:36am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones that suck you into the music and make you forget about everything else. Last post on 12/7/13 at 8:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- No diffence in sound quality with amp Last post on 12/5/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Pairing Amp for the MadDogs by MrSpeaker Last post on 12/3/13 at 2:08pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/10/13
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
Please make sure to click that Like button at the bottom of the page, also drop a comment and feel free to ask questions if you have them! AK120 I feel like there is an epidemic...
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 61
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I was torn between the two and made my decision that the LCD-3 is next for me. I have never heard either
Having inherited ASR's mad dogs, I kinda feel obliged to post in here. I've been using the akg k240s for almost a year and a half now and when I got these in the mail today, I immediately opened up the box and gave em a run (I mean, who wouldn't ) Needless to say, it was everything I had hoped it would be - no regrets for getting a pair. Nothing bad to say about these except the fact that it makes me want to fork out some more money and buy a vintage amp..
An amazing pair of headphones!
for the price it is, it's most definitely worth it.
After chasing the perfect hp amp for two years, I went to the meet in Atlanta where I got to sample lots of gear in the course of an afternoon. I heard lot's of amps that easily bested the lyr, which at the time was end game for me (don't get me wrong, I love the lyr still). But while those amps had all the power and refinement that I'd always looked for, bottom line they weren't in my budget. Not even close to what I was able to afford.
Then I noticed that several guys were huddled around a vintage receiver/amp someone had brought. I was curious and went over and talked with Michael about his vintage amp. He talked to me about the specs and features and I was even more curious about what the "old steel beauty" was capable of. I asked if I could try my Maddog with the Sansui receiver. He obliged. I couldn't believe the sound that came out of the maddogs. How was it possible that this 35 year old receiver could make the maddogs sound better than my prized lyr with cherry picked tubes. But yet, it did. I ran back to my bag to grab my hd650's. I asked Michael if the Sansui would be too much power for my 650's. "Oh not all, just hit the -20db button and you'll be all set," he says. I got the same improvement with the 650.
I knew then that I must have myself one of these aged beast. I found the very same Sansui 9090 I listened to at the meet just 3.5 hours from my home in Atlanta. So I drove 7+ hours in the pouring rain to some dudes double wide in Sevierville TN. After I offered to fix his ailing PC as part of a barter, I walked out of there with one of the best hp amps I'd ever heard for $150.
I felt like I'd just won the lottery.
This prompted me to do some research into vintage receivers. I now have a Sansui 5000A on the way (looked to be in great condition). lol
- **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 33 seconds ago
- › Need help finding a pair of headphones for music/games 48 seconds ago
- › Squeezebox Touch Media Streamer with Linear Power Supply 58 seconds ago
- › Ranking of 17 DACs and DAC Configurations 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › WHO ARE THE BEST LOOKING PEOPLE ON EARTH? 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 3 minutes ago
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe