No worries, re-read my post the quote should say this "That looks like a plain pair of black T50RPs." It's all good. Thanks for the info..
Recent Images In This Thread
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- I need some help recognizing some headphones from a video! Last post on 2/12/15 at 6:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a closed headphone for rock\blues around ~$200 Last post on 2/4/15 at 12:09am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Mad Dog + Leather Dog Pads + Comfort Strap (MD003) Last post on 1/28/15 at 9:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- I've been away for a while ... closed-back HD600/HD650 soundalikes? Last post on 1/16/15 at 11:19am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- need help selecting new cans Last post on 12/27/14 at 5:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Here's everything you need to know http://archimago.blogspot.com/2013/03/measurements-sony-playstation-1-scph.html Here's the Stereophile review on it...
TTPOD T1E Review Background Be using me Fiio X3 for this review ......fosho' this purple jet pack is one sexy lookin' IEM .....housing is big but could be a problem for some with the...
The PM3 is Oppo's 3rd headphone offering, a closed back planar magnetic. Thank you to @Jiffy Squid and Oppo for allowing us Head-fiers to audition these at the comfort of our own home and time,...
How much more can we possibly hear? At some point audio, and personal audio by default, becomes a continual series of efforts to throw oneself over the walls of the physical world. We try...
Before reading below, please check out my video review of the Focal XS 2.1 Satellites on YouTube. Please also support the channel by liking the video and sharing it with your friends! A sub won't...
**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 6
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The black stickers are so flush fitting that I didn't realize that they were already on when I got them. I thought it was just the bare cup. The only way you can tell is that the word lock shows the slight bubble of the sticker. Got to look close though. Gives you a nice all black stealth look.
I have a extra sticker set if anyone is interested pm me.
To me, the quality is similar. The HD650 has the same lower mid-bass boost that the Denons have, but a bit less. The MDs have a more linear bass, with a bit more impact. Both are excellent to me, and the headphones are really complimentary to each other. More prominent - I think the MDs win that one by just a bit. Note - my experiences are with a roughly 3.1 rev. My 3.2 upgrade should be back next week. The 3.2 should just be what I just said, but more so.
So even with the mid bass hump of the hd650 the MDs still seem equally bassy overall?
For anyone interested here is my review of the Mad Dog MrSpeakers Mad Dog Fostex T50RP Headphones Review
Thanks for the review. I enjoy your style and this review tells me a great deal about these headphones. One of the best I've read about the Mad Dogs for anyone considering a purchase.
Thanks preporman. I am having fun with it for sure
Thank you for the kind words and glad you liked it. Dan's done a great job with them.
Thanks for the review Frank... u put my finger closer to the BUY button.
the leather looks delicious :)
Question: how would the balance option affect the soundstage?
(apart from higherpower of the amp opening up the can )
Thats a good question Dan regarding thew sound stage. I only heard them briefly in NY and not sure a sI never had them side by side. I would think if you have a balanced amop and source it would be the way to go. Great value for the money.
Hi... Alas, MOT rules explicitly prevent me from commenting on the sound of our products. However, the first units are shipping today so I'm sure comments will be here early next week.
I have been beta testing the balanced version for the last maybe 4 weeks or so. I find the sound stage and overall control to be slightly better - note that this is very subjective. I had the balanced at 3.1-ish and the SE 3.0 at the same time, so the comparison was not direct. My phones are with Dan right now, being upgraded to the final shipping configuration (the prototype had a different cable and connection - the shipping units are MUCH nicer) and 3.2. I still won't be able to do a direct comparison unless someone in the SF East Bay or Sacramento area wants to get together for a head to head, MD 3.2 balanced vs. SE showdown....
- **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 44 seconds ago
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STX II 1 minute ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 5 minutes ago
- › Headphones for running, Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear? 7 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 8 minutes ago
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Armaegis
- › Logitech Z-560 THX-Certified 4.1 Speaker System by spronkey
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by whitemass
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2