No worries, re-read my post the quote should say this "That looks like a plain pair of black T50RPs." It's all good. Thanks for the info..
Recent Images In This Thread
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Comparing Mr Speaker Mad Dogs to NAD Viso HP50s Last post on 5/13/14 at 5:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- FiiO X3 / X5 with the Mad Dogs. Last post on 3/3/14 at 5:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Beyerdynamic DT880 250 ohm vs. Mad Dogs Last post on 3/6/14 at 7:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How to know if your amp is good for your headphone? Last post on 2/18/14 at 3:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Schiit Vali to replace/upgrade from Magni with Mad Dog Headphones Last post on 2/4/14 at 7:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The black stickers are so flush fitting that I didn't realize that they were already on when I got them. I thought it was just the bare cup. The only way you can tell is that the word lock shows the slight bubble of the sticker. Got to look close though. Gives you a nice all black stealth look.
I have a extra sticker set if anyone is interested pm me.
To me, the quality is similar. The HD650 has the same lower mid-bass boost that the Denons have, but a bit less. The MDs have a more linear bass, with a bit more impact. Both are excellent to me, and the headphones are really complimentary to each other. More prominent - I think the MDs win that one by just a bit. Note - my experiences are with a roughly 3.1 rev. My 3.2 upgrade should be back next week. The 3.2 should just be what I just said, but more so.
So even with the mid bass hump of the hd650 the MDs still seem equally bassy overall?
For anyone interested here is my review of the Mad Dog MrSpeakers Mad Dog Fostex T50RP Headphones Review
Thanks for the review. I enjoy your style and this review tells me a great deal about these headphones. One of the best I've read about the Mad Dogs for anyone considering a purchase.
Thanks preporman. I am having fun with it for sure
Thank you for the kind words and glad you liked it. Dan's done a great job with them.
Thanks for the review Frank... u put my finger closer to the BUY button.
the leather looks delicious :)
Question: how would the balance option affect the soundstage?
(apart from higherpower of the amp opening up the can )
Thats a good question Dan regarding thew sound stage. I only heard them briefly in NY and not sure a sI never had them side by side. I would think if you have a balanced amop and source it would be the way to go. Great value for the money.
Hi... Alas, MOT rules explicitly prevent me from commenting on the sound of our products. However, the first units are shipping today so I'm sure comments will be here early next week.
I have been beta testing the balanced version for the last maybe 4 weeks or so. I find the sound stage and overall control to be slightly better - note that this is very subjective. I had the balanced at 3.1-ish and the SE 3.0 at the same time, so the comparison was not direct. My phones are with Dan right now, being upgraded to the final shipping configuration (the prototype had a different cable and connection - the shipping units are MUCH nicer) and 3.2. I still won't be able to do a direct comparison unless someone in the SF East Bay or Sacramento area wants to get together for a head to head, MD 3.2 balanced vs. SE showdown....
- **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
- › Audeze LCD 2 Rev 2 - Bamboo 48 seconds ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for closed headphones under $200 2 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 3 minutes ago
- › Some questions before I buy - Fildelio X1 - Astro Mix Amp Pro... 5 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 8 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)