No worries, re-read my post the quote should say this "That looks like a plain pair of black T50RPs." It's all good. Thanks for the info..
Recent Images In This Thread
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- I need some help recognizing some headphones from a video! Last post on 2/12/15 at 6:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a closed headphone for rock\blues around ~$200 Last post on 2/4/15 at 12:09am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Mad Dog + Leather Dog Pads + Comfort Strap (MD003) Last post on 1/28/15 at 9:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- I've been away for a while ... closed-back HD600/HD650 soundalikes? Last post on 1/16/15 at 11:19am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- need help selecting new cans Last post on 12/27/14 at 5:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Incipio F38 Remember the famous budget cans, the RP-HTF600? They we're great once modded, and so are these! So let's talk. This won't be a Super Detailed Review. Overall Sound: Highs...
wouldn't recommend if you're going to pay for $100 or above. Reasonable price should have been around $70. The only selling point is the open soundstage, would make a goid pair for movies or...
Just purchased these to see if the review-ratings were any close to reality. Quite a bit yeah. I thought it's good to have them with you if you want to occasionally let a friend listen with...
**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 6
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The black stickers are so flush fitting that I didn't realize that they were already on when I got them. I thought it was just the bare cup. The only way you can tell is that the word lock shows the slight bubble of the sticker. Got to look close though. Gives you a nice all black stealth look.
I have a extra sticker set if anyone is interested pm me.
To me, the quality is similar. The HD650 has the same lower mid-bass boost that the Denons have, but a bit less. The MDs have a more linear bass, with a bit more impact. Both are excellent to me, and the headphones are really complimentary to each other. More prominent - I think the MDs win that one by just a bit. Note - my experiences are with a roughly 3.1 rev. My 3.2 upgrade should be back next week. The 3.2 should just be what I just said, but more so.
So even with the mid bass hump of the hd650 the MDs still seem equally bassy overall?
For anyone interested here is my review of the Mad Dog MrSpeakers Mad Dog Fostex T50RP Headphones Review
Thanks for the review. I enjoy your style and this review tells me a great deal about these headphones. One of the best I've read about the Mad Dogs for anyone considering a purchase.
Thanks preporman. I am having fun with it for sure
Thank you for the kind words and glad you liked it. Dan's done a great job with them.
Thanks for the review Frank... u put my finger closer to the BUY button.
the leather looks delicious :)
Question: how would the balance option affect the soundstage?
(apart from higherpower of the amp opening up the can )
Thats a good question Dan regarding thew sound stage. I only heard them briefly in NY and not sure a sI never had them side by side. I would think if you have a balanced amop and source it would be the way to go. Great value for the money.
Hi... Alas, MOT rules explicitly prevent me from commenting on the sound of our products. However, the first units are shipping today so I'm sure comments will be here early next week.
I have been beta testing the balanced version for the last maybe 4 weeks or so. I find the sound stage and overall control to be slightly better - note that this is very subjective. I had the balanced at 3.1-ish and the SE 3.0 at the same time, so the comparison was not direct. My phones are with Dan right now, being upgraded to the final shipping configuration (the prototype had a different cable and connection - the shipping units are MUCH nicer) and 3.2. I still won't be able to do a direct comparison unless someone in the SF East Bay or Sacramento area wants to get together for a head to head, MD 3.2 balanced vs. SE showdown....
- **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 13 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 28 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.8.0 41 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 2 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2