No worries, re-read my post the quote should say this "That looks like a plain pair of black T50RPs." It's all good. Thanks for the info..
Recent Images In This Thread
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Comparing Mr Speaker Mad Dogs to NAD Viso HP50s Last post on 5/13/14 at 5:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- FiiO X3 / X5 with the Mad Dogs. Last post on 3/3/14 at 5:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Beyerdynamic DT880 250 ohm vs. Mad Dogs Last post on 3/6/14 at 7:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How to know if your amp is good for your headphone? Last post on 2/18/14 at 3:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The black stickers are so flush fitting that I didn't realize that they were already on when I got them. I thought it was just the bare cup. The only way you can tell is that the word lock shows the slight bubble of the sticker. Got to look close though. Gives you a nice all black stealth look.
I have a extra sticker set if anyone is interested pm me.
To me, the quality is similar. The HD650 has the same lower mid-bass boost that the Denons have, but a bit less. The MDs have a more linear bass, with a bit more impact. Both are excellent to me, and the headphones are really complimentary to each other. More prominent - I think the MDs win that one by just a bit. Note - my experiences are with a roughly 3.1 rev. My 3.2 upgrade should be back next week. The 3.2 should just be what I just said, but more so.
So even with the mid bass hump of the hd650 the MDs still seem equally bassy overall?
For anyone interested here is my review of the Mad Dog MrSpeakers Mad Dog Fostex T50RP Headphones Review
Thanks for the review. I enjoy your style and this review tells me a great deal about these headphones. One of the best I've read about the Mad Dogs for anyone considering a purchase.
Thanks preporman. I am having fun with it for sure
Thank you for the kind words and glad you liked it. Dan's done a great job with them.
Thanks for the review Frank... u put my finger closer to the BUY button.
the leather looks delicious :)
Question: how would the balance option affect the soundstage?
(apart from higherpower of the amp opening up the can )
Thats a good question Dan regarding thew sound stage. I only heard them briefly in NY and not sure a sI never had them side by side. I would think if you have a balanced amop and source it would be the way to go. Great value for the money.
Hi... Alas, MOT rules explicitly prevent me from commenting on the sound of our products. However, the first units are shipping today so I'm sure comments will be here early next week.
I have been beta testing the balanced version for the last maybe 4 weeks or so. I find the sound stage and overall control to be slightly better - note that this is very subjective. I had the balanced at 3.1-ish and the SE 3.0 at the same time, so the comparison was not direct. My phones are with Dan right now, being upgraded to the final shipping configuration (the prototype had a different cable and connection - the shipping units are MUCH nicer) and 3.2. I still won't be able to do a direct comparison unless someone in the SF East Bay or Sacramento area wants to get together for a head to head, MD 3.2 balanced vs. SE showdown....
- **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
- › Experience with Malvalve Headamp three 10 seconds ago
- › What to look out for when buying a used pair of heaphones? Also,... 44 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 3 minutes ago
- › ALO Pan Am desktop/portable headphone amp/DAC: Impressions and Reviews 3 minutes ago
- › HM-901 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Grado Labs PS500e by xylin6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Typhoon859
- › Future Sonics mg6pro by Kunlun
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by LeoTheAwesome
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by fxim
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)