Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 47

post #691 of 2885

I brought my MDs to a local audio shop today to test out some vintage receivers and pre-amps, and the owner of the store (a speaker guy whose only real experience with high-end headphones is from being a retired radio broadcaster and from occasionally selling vintage cans) really liked them. I also found some vintage gear that jives with them quite well, and I see a reinvention of my bedroom setup coming soon.

post #692 of 2885
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

I did say great job didn't I? blink.gif   How do you give a compliment around here?biggrin.gif
Carefully, and with one's tongue lightly in one's cheek would seem the safest. I will take yours sincerely - thank you. Now, about helping you make sure that HE6 rig gets enough head time...😎
post #693 of 2885
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post

I brought my MDs to a local audio shop today to test out some vintage receivers and pre-amps, and the owner of the store (a speaker guy whose only real experience with high-end headphones is from being a retired radio broadcaster and from occasionally selling vintage cans) really liked them. I also found some vintage gear that jives with them quite well, and I see a reinvention of my bedroom setup coming soon.

 

I always bring the MD when I go to listen to and test out vintage amps that I'm considering. The MD is rugged and loves power so it makes great hp to test this old gear with.  I have an old, large shaving kit that I throw the MD in with cables and an mp3 player as a source. 

 

I shop a good bit on CL. I showed up to a guys house to check out an old amp and he stop me at the door and very suspiciously ask me, "so what's in the bag?" blink.gif We got a laugh out of it later. I guess the MD are somewhat intimidating. very_evil_smiley.gif

post #694 of 2885

so should Mr Speaker offer a cable from a balanced can out to 4 spkr-tabs next?

that should give more shove to this v interesting can.

post #695 of 2885
I recently picked up an Emotiva a-100. Making the cable from banana plugs into 1/4".

Was going to do a balanced 4-pin with adapter, but decided against it.

It's a cheaper option to plug into with the cable you already have than making a whole new headphone cable.
post #696 of 2885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakahah View Post

I recently picked up an Emotiva a-100. Making the cable from banana plugs into 1/4".

Was going to do a balanced 4-pin with adapter, but decided against it.

It's a cheaper option to plug into with the cable you already have than making a whole new headphone cable.

Just keep in mind that the 1/4" TRS cable may not be compatible with all speaker amps.
post #697 of 2885
Yup. In my case, I'm specifically making making my cable for the Emotiva.

Otherwise I would do the 4-pin XLR instead.
post #698 of 2885
just bought a new pair of mad dogs I wonder how different they will sound to the original ones I had
post #699 of 2885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakahah View Post

Yup. In my case, I'm specifically making making my cable for the Emotiva.

Otherwise I would do the 4-pin XLR instead.

pics of cable when its done? I'm just curious
post #700 of 2885
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskwerl View Post

just bought a new pair of mad dogs I wonder how different they will sound to the original ones I had

 

What version did you have previously? 

post #701 of 2885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemmaster View Post

There's no way you're getting the EF-6! :O

 

The EF-6 + Mad Dogs are a HOME RUN.  The EF-6 brings out the best in the MDs. 

post #702 of 2885
Thread Starter 

Wow!! Is that a $1500+ amp? eek.gif

post #703 of 2885
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

Wow!! Is that a $1500+ amp? eek.gif

 

Not used it's notbiggrin.gif

post #704 of 2885
Thread Starter 

Okay, I'll bite. How much was it used? 

post #705 of 2885

I don't even know - It's not mine..  Ha ha ha. Clemmaster can answer that..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**