Originally Posted by Liver
Excellent. Thanks. Is there a date database? I have the dates. Or, what are the dates of the latest revision? Specifically regarding the internal mods, the alpha pads are easy to buy and put on.
Here is an excerpt from the April Newsletter that has the dates in it.
"We’ll be using versions going forward, so it should be much easier for people to discuss their experience online.
- Version 1-Shure 840 Pads
- Version 2-Dog Pads
- Smoother and more balanced sound
- Improved comfort and isolation
- Version 3-Mad Dog with Alpha Pad purchased before March 17 or Dog Pad units upgraded to Alpha Pads
- Even better comfort, isolation
- Smoother neutral/dark signature
- Warmer lower mids
- Version 3.1-Mad Dog with Alpha Pads purchased between March 17 and April 12
- Increased bass extension (slightly) and increased upper mids and treble to make the phone less dark (still dark/neutral)
- Version 3.2-Mad Dog with Alpha Pads purchased April 13 and on
- Still more sub-bass extension
- Also a bit more upper mid energy for more presence, reduced congestion, and more air up top. Cymbals have more brass to them, and strings are more airy and natural sounding"
So the short round up:
3.0 - Before March 17th
3.1 - Between March 17th and April 12th.
3.2 - April 13th to present.
Edit: If you are still unsure or want 100% verification, then emailing Dan would be the most accurate. This will be accurate enough for most.
Edited by Kamakahah - 7/4/13 at 3:54pm