or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 167

post #2491 of 3191

man i want to hear a paradox, or anything from that madman

post #2492 of 3191

i got my mad dogs few days ago, and I love it, I am using my fiio x3 as dap and amped by ifi can nano, I don't know know if I will get better sound quality by changing my listening gear, I want mobile gear.

 

The only think I am sad about is I ordered the mad dogs before release of the mad dogs pro, and since I live in israel shipping it back will cost me more I wish Dan gave us a hint that there is a release for mad dogs pro.

 

Also how do the mad dog and mad dog pro compare?

 

Dam I wish I waited few days before I ordered as the price difference is not that much what a shame!!! especially if the mad dog pro will have more bass than the mad dog as I feel i need some more bass

post #2493 of 3191

more pics (Click to show)

 

3.2

 

 

PRO

 


PRO

 

 

 

 

 

the differences below aren't huge in my listening so IMO an MD3.2 owner that just bought one should be as remorseful as I was when I bought the 3.2. An MD 3.2 is pretty close to the Pro. If you can afford it though then just go for the PRO it is better.

 

In this song with Mali Music I can hear the drums snap and the hit hat rolls cleaner on the MD Pro. The MD pro has more details for sure and is cleaner all around but not by a whole lot. The main thing I hear was the transparency of his voice and the soundstage. His voice had a higher ceiling on it and sounded less resonant or capped off. Everything sounds a little less blended together and better separated so the imaging is a little bit better and the soundstage is wider. So its a little bit more hifi sounding but the balance is very much similar to the 3.2

 

On EDM songs the intruments are a tad more 3 dimensional in positioning with eachother. Compared to the 3.2 the Pro feels like when I put the headphones on that I am entering into the music. When I put the 3.2 on I feel like I am putting the music on my head. The impression doesnt pop out right away but after listening I can hear the depth better on the PRO

 

The balance of the pro from my 2 day comparison is very similar to the MD that is where the differences are less discernable. The space around the bass is also better and it makes it like the background is more black or the instruments appear and disappear with individuality and out of nowhere. 

 

bass

https://soundcloud.com/shigeto/dza_finger-snaps-shigeto-remix 

https://soundcloud.com/memorecks/01-memorecks-phatback

 

Both have the same impact. I use the first one to test impact as well as alot of others and it was very hard to discern difference in quantity and impact. The second song i use just because I really like to hear the bass detail of it and that is where the MD Pro took ground. It is simply cleaner with less reverb or quicker decay. The space around the bass is also better and it makes it like the background is more black or the instruments appear and disappear with individuality. 

 

These both I wouldnt say have basshead levels of bass but I would say they are slightly above neutral for sure in qty. For those that have not heard either I would say that they are just right on any song. I would ask for a little more impact but in general orthos dont give that like dynamics do. The bass is slightly less than the q40 with a little less impact but it is way more tasty, textured, resolved, detailed, and faster in decay than the q40. I really like the bass on the MD's, the reason for the craving of impact is that on songs where impact is meant to be felt a lot, none of the t50 mods I have had deliver it like I want it. The quantity may be there but the rumble is heard, but not as much felt. I do however say that it is more felt than any neutral can.


Edited by grizzlybeast - 5/12/14 at 3:43pm
post #2494 of 3191

after reading this I totally feel down as it was only a matter of few days before mrspeakers released the mad dog pro and my purchase of the mad dog, i am very unhappy now as it was not that much of a price difference,

 

if it weren't for the expensive shipping from israel to USA i would have sent mine back

post #2495 of 3191

The changes are minor, by all accounts.  And your Mad Dogs still sound as good as they did before the Pros came out right?  There's always going to be something new and better round the corner, whether it's a week or a few months.  Doesn't make the stuff we already have sound any less great.

post #2496 of 3191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoji View Post

The changes are minor, by all accounts.  And your Mad Dogs still sound as good as they did before the Pros came out right?  There's always going to be something new and better round the corner, whether it's a week or a few months.  Doesn't make the stuff we already have sound any less great.
+1
post #2497 of 3191
Quote:
 

 

Both have the same impact I use the first one to test impact as well as alot of others and it was very hard to discern difference in quantity and impact. The second song i use just because I really like to hear the bass detail of it and that is where the MD Pro took ground. It is simply cleaner with less reverb or quicker decay. The space around the bass is also better and it makes it like the background is more black or the instruments appear and disappear with individuality. 

 

These both I wouldnt say have basshead levels of bass but I would say they are slightly above neutral for sure in qty. For those that have not heard either I would say that they are just right on any song. I would ask for a little more impact but in general orthos dont give that like dynamics do. The bass is slightly less than the q40 with a little less impact but it is way more tasty, textured, resolved, detailed, and faster in decay than the q40. I really like the bass on the MD's, the reason for the craving of impact is that on songs where impact is meant to be felt a lot, none of the t50 mods I have had deliver it like I want it. The quantity may be there but the rumble is heard, but not as much felt. I do however say that it is more felt than any neutral can.

This is what I expected to read.  It's just a "different" bass with the ortho.  Not bad, just different.  I'm a bass impact guy and have to feel it. 

 

Thanks for the feedback bud.

post #2498 of 3191

yes but still maybe they could have alerted me to an update by email or something i am not happy as it was a matter of few days only, they could have sent me an email that if i pay more and wait for few days there is an updated mad dog. 


Edited by Sound Eq - 3/25/14 at 12:39pm
post #2499 of 3191
No prob @oregonian, you should still try and get a listen, the bass quality is exceptional
Quote:
Originally Posted by hykhleif View Post

yes but still maybe they could have alerted me to an update by email or something i am not happy as it was a matter of few days only

Trust me I understand. I actually sent an email expressing my anger. However that is just the effect of upgrading the same headphone with revisions. It's even worse for those not in the same country. The only way to avoid this is
A. Not make anything better
B. Put everyone that may buy something on an email list to inform them on updates....? How do you know who will be interested and most customers maybe ones who haven't registered for the first time. Also they would rather have your money than risk you changing your mind while you wait for the new one.
post #2500 of 3191

i feel ripped and I am sorry this totally spoiled my joy for the mad dogs, once i paid online they easily could have offered me to wait few days and get the option to upgrade what a bad customer service, i thought mr speakers is part of this community that cares , and i blame them for being so uninterested in their customer service. This is in my opinion not a nice way to deal your business. This upgrade came out of the blue, and for me literally it was just a few days after i purchased the mad dogs, that the mad dogs pro came out. I am so unhappy now. I was wondering if mr speakers reads this and would like his opinion about this matter, as to me this is unacceptable.

 

if purchased the mad dogs months ago I would have understood but it was only a matter of few days

 

I am so angry now

post #2501 of 3191
I feel for you! I would be a bit miffed as only a few months ago on this very forum it was stated that the 3.2 would be the final revision for the forseable future was it not? And although the Pro could be seen as a different flavour it seems clear that to the majority it's much more of an improved versiin of rather than a different flavour.
post #2502 of 3191
Lol it did come out of the blue for me as well. There could have been more notice but the pro costs a lot more and after this month it will be 440 vs 299. That's a whole other price bracket. Dan didn't do anything unethical there
post #2503 of 3191

not matter what opinions here that try to make me feel better I still feel very down from this transaction 

post #2504 of 3191

Definitely nothing unethical from Dan and certainly not bad service.  There's always going to be someone who's miffed when something new comes out - even when you give advance notice, you still have to draw the line somewhere, and then someone on the other side of THAT line is pissed.  I know it well from a tech company I worked at.  As a manufacturer you can't win.

 

We order something at a point in time, based on what we know at that time.  In this case the Mad Dogs 3.2 are and were and will remain awesome.  They're not going to get worse every time something new comes out.  

post #2505 of 3191
Me personally am not bothered at all, infact i had a pair 3.2, sold them, and miss them alot, so for me it seems like the perfect time to buy back into the Mad Dogs as the pro seem to improve my only issue with the 3.2. Still i think being told the 3.2 was IT for the Mad dog for the foreseable future and then pulling this out the bag is in no way unethical but more along the lines of a big buisiness philosophy which i feel is slightly against the personal service, underdog ma and pa view i have of the Mr speakers brand.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**