Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 164

post #2446 of 2885
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstuart View Post
 


All this has been discussed before in the thread, and there are diagrams and details.

 

Perhaps do a "Search Thread" for "Universal"...

Ok cool, thanks. Found this: https://www.mrspeakers.com/fostex-t50rp-headphone-accessories-comfort-upgrade?product_id=85 but on a quick search can't find the diagram/details you were talking about.

 

I assume the MDP is a single jack still?

post #2447 of 2885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subatomic View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstuart View Post
 


All this has been discussed before in the thread, and there are diagrams and details.

 

Perhaps do a "Search Thread" for "Universal"...

Ok cool, thanks. Found this: https://www.mrspeakers.com/fostex-t50rp-headphone-accessories-comfort-upgrade?product_id=85 but on a quick search can't find the diagram/details you were talking about.

 

I assume the MDP is a single jack still?

Try doing a "Search This Thread" on this thread for the word "Universal".

 

At the minimum, that will get you to the point where it was introduced and people started asking for the jack diagram.


Edited by kstuart - 3/16/14 at 5:51pm
post #2448 of 2885
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstuart View Post
 

Try doing a "Search This Thread" on this thread for the word "Universal".

 

At the minimum, that will get you to the point where it was introduced and people started asking for the jack diagram.


Yep, ok, got it. http://www.head-fi.org/t/666284/mrspeakers-mad-dog-impressions-and-discussion-thread/165#post_9525976 for anyone else interested.

 

Dan says it's fairly difficult to solder. Hrm. Will have to have a think about it and look at my mogami cable.

 

Just buying the jack, supplying my own cable reduces the shipping cost as well. Makes the MDP go from ~$540AUD to ~$450AUD, but means that i'll have to spent an hour or so soldering and heatshrinking. Hrm.

post #2449 of 2885

Ordered a pair of MDPs, keeeeen :)

 

Edit: MDPs are still a single jack, yea? How come MattTCGs pic shows his MDPs having 2 jacks (ala the Alphadogs)?

 

Freakin me out a little bit, I only ordered 1x plug.


Edited by Subatomic - 3/17/14 at 6:32am
post #2450 of 2885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subatomic View Post

Ordered a pair of MDPs, keeeeen smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: MDPs are still a single jack, yea? How come MattTCGs pic shows his MDPs having 2 jacks (ala the Alphadogs)?

Freakin me out a little bit, I only ordered 1x plug.

MattTCG bought a custom...
post #2451 of 2885
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post


MattTCG bought a custom...

Ah, makes sense :)

post #2452 of 2885

I'm on day 3 with the mad dogs.

 

Really surprised by the comfort; it's awesome. I'd done a little (very little) research on them, but mainly bought them for gaming (they're good, probably among the better for closed) and really wanted a pair of closed phones.

 

glad I made the purchase.

post #2453 of 2885
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcazbarach View Post
 

I'm on day 3 with the mad dogs.

 

Really surprised by the comfort; it's awesome. I'd done a little (very little) research on them, but mainly bought them for gaming (they're good, probably among the better for closed) and really wanted a pair of closed phones.

 

glad I made the purchase.

How do you like the bass? It's the one thing I'm concerned about after reading headfonia's review that is keeping me from pulling the trigger!

post #2454 of 2885
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnonweiler View Post
 

How do you like the bass? It's the one thing I'm concerned about after reading headfonia's review that is keeping me from pulling the trigger!

What about the bass are you concerned about?

post #2455 of 2885
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaed View Post
 

What about the bass are you concerned about?

Concerned only because of this portion of the comparison between the LCD-2 and the MD. I know the LCD-2 is a completely different headphone (which I haven't experienced firsthand), but this struck me as strong. My personal comparison here is an ultrasone ED8 as my closed can.

 

"Where upper mids and lower trebles can sound shouty and too forced on the Alphas, the LCD-2 always remains well composed and effortless. Clearly, the difference in driver technology is very evident here. The finishing blow comes in the bass performance. The LCD-2′s bass never disappoints. The Alpha Dog, though extends quite low, feels weak in impact and out of steam on the lower bass."

http://www.headfonia.com/dan-clarks-masterpiece-mr-speakers-alpha-dog/

post #2456 of 2885

That's a review of the Alpha Dogs, not the Mad Dogs. The MD's have more slam and impact than the Alpha Dogs, which were designed as a neutral/reference can.

post #2457 of 2885

You're right. Thanks for the clarification. My fault! :blink:

post #2458 of 2885

Might be a stupid question, but how do you insert the Kobiconn (ALO RX MK3-B) balanced cable to the Mad Dog? Do you just stick it in, or do you have to turn it somehow to lock the metal in place? The cable connector's outer metal is currently rotating freely. I plugged mine straight in and it seemed to be secured because there was a "click" sound. However, something is wrong with the sound that I am getting. I can hear the instrumentals fine (not the highest quality though), but not really the vocals. The vocals seem VERY distant away and very very quiet. I believe this seems like a ... connection problem?

post #2459 of 2885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananaheadlin View Post
 

Might be a stupid question, but how do you insert the Kobiconn (ALO RX MK3-B) balanced cable to the Mad Dog? Do you just stick it in, or do you have to turn it somehow to lock the metal in place? The cable connector's outer metal is currently rotating freely. I plugged mine straight in and it seemed to be secured because there was a "click" sound. However, something is wrong with the sound that I am getting. I can hear the instrumentals fine (not the highest quality though), but not really the vocals. The vocals seem VERY distant away and very very quiet. I believe this seems like a ... connection problem?

 

No, this is a defective cable.  When a balanced cable is misfired the effect is very odd spund, like it's far away and "hollow."  We had a problem with our vendor on this lot of cables, some were fine but a few were wired incorrectly.  Please PM or email me and we'll get you a fixed cable right away.  

post #2460 of 2885
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post
 

 

No, this is a defective cable.  When a balanced cable is misfired the effect is very odd spund, like it's far away and "hollow."  We had a problem with our vendor on this lot of cables, some were fine but a few were wired incorrectly.  Please PM or email me and we'll get you a fixed cable right away.  

Sent you a PM. Thanks Dan!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**