I always allow that people will hear things differently. We all have differences preferences in the way music is reproduced and different hearing as well. There is never a case where one opinion is always right, especially once you've gotten to this level.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some help deciding on a pair? Last post on Today at 10:32 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on Today at 3:15 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Comparing Mr Speaker Mad Dogs to NAD Viso HP50s Last post on 5/13/14 at 5:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- FiiO X3 / X5 with the Mad Dogs. Last post on 3/3/14 at 5:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 158
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I read some of his other HE-500 impressions elsewhere and largely agreed or could see where he was coming from. In particular, I never did think it excelled with soundstaging for being open. Neither is perfect, but I think I'd take the AD in their current state over the HE-500 in most regards.
You don't have the original mad dog as well do you Matt? It'd be interesting to see someone's impressions on whether the more rigid baffle helps decrease a good amount of the rubbery sound that the original Mad Dog has.
Can't wait for your impressions, Matt. If they're what I'm hoping then I may order a pair of MDP to go with the rest of my equipment. Right now I'm really wanting to read more about them vs the Alphas and see if I'm good with the AD only as my only closed non-portables.
I see the MDP as a good fit for me. I can be a little rough on hp's and the MD seems to be about as rugged as they come. They'll also save a little weight over the AD plus I'll be able to use a lightweight custom cable with them to save even a little more weight. The only question is how they'll sound.
Postman should be here in about an hour.
I'll also be receiving the MDP this week, and it'll be going head to head with my 3.0's. I'm trying to decide whether I want to upgrade to the AD's which I've demoed and fell in love with, or if the MDP's funner signature might be my preference.
Caveat: I'm a metalhead.
- **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 44 seconds ago
- › JH Roxanne RSA/ALO Balanced Stock Cable 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-09-15 2 minutes ago
- › A Concise View of Why The ATH-M50 is No Longer King 2 minutes ago
- › Volume problem with my Corsair SP2500 due to blown fuse. 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › First time buyer of "Audiophile" grade headphones. What next? 4 minutes ago
- › Great headsets for around $100? 4 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Decware Select Zen CSP2 Tube Headphone Amp 4 minutes ago
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)