I always allow that people will hear things differently. We all have differences preferences in the way music is reproduced and different hearing as well. There is never a case where one opinion is always right, especially once you've gotten to this level.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- I need some help recognizing some headphones from a video! Last post on 2/12/15 at 6:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a closed headphone for rock\blues around ~$200 Last post on 2/4/15 at 12:09am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Mad Dog + Leather Dog Pads + Comfort Strap (MD003) Last post on 1/28/15 at 9:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- I've been away for a while ... closed-back HD600/HD650 soundalikes? Last post on 1/16/15 at 11:19am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- need help selecting new cans Last post on 12/27/14 at 5:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I began to search for a shorter cable for my HD600 just because the stock cable is to long for using with a portable device. I didn't want to spend to much under $100. I did the standard Amazon and...
Exclusive sound, high quality patents "sandwich diaphragm" metal meets the technical.
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 158
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I read some of his other HE-500 impressions elsewhere and largely agreed or could see where he was coming from. In particular, I never did think it excelled with soundstaging for being open. Neither is perfect, but I think I'd take the AD in their current state over the HE-500 in most regards.
You don't have the original mad dog as well do you Matt? It'd be interesting to see someone's impressions on whether the more rigid baffle helps decrease a good amount of the rubbery sound that the original Mad Dog has.
Can't wait for your impressions, Matt. If they're what I'm hoping then I may order a pair of MDP to go with the rest of my equipment. Right now I'm really wanting to read more about them vs the Alphas and see if I'm good with the AD only as my only closed non-portables.
I see the MDP as a good fit for me. I can be a little rough on hp's and the MD seems to be about as rugged as they come. They'll also save a little weight over the AD plus I'll be able to use a lightweight custom cable with them to save even a little more weight. The only question is how they'll sound.
Postman should be here in about an hour.
I'll also be receiving the MDP this week, and it'll be going head to head with my 3.0's. I'm trying to decide whether I want to upgrade to the AD's which I've demoed and fell in love with, or if the MDP's funner signature might be my preference.
Caveat: I'm a metalhead.
- **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 13 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 17 seconds ago
- › Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 42 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 50 seconds ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › La Figaro 339 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600) 2 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 2 minutes ago
- › Mini-Meet and Tour at MrSpeakers, San Diego, Saturday May 9, 12-5PM 2 minutes ago
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2