I always allow that people will hear things differently. We all have differences preferences in the way music is reproduced and different hearing as well. There is never a case where one opinion is always right, especially once you've gotten to this level.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- need help selecting new cans Last post on Today at 5:32 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some help deciding on a pair? Last post on 9/23/14 at 1:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on 9/20/14 at 10:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Compliment headphone to Mad Dog Last post on 8/4/14 at 6:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
So I got these real cheap, I thought what the heck for $15 I can't go wrong.....I was wrong. Well they are listenable, I hardly call them a gaming headphone besides the mic built in, explosions...
Well I only had it for a week now and being listening to it about 3-5 hours a day even before I go to bed yes this is how good it is to me. My only other DAP's I have it to compare to are the DX50...
When I listen to these Headphones I always think to Polygamy. That is because I am already in love for another Headphone but I am also attracted by these Liberate. They are not exactly my kind...
I actually have, believe it or not, two sets of the A8 earphones. I bought the first one at a B&O store; someone bought a car and the earphones came as a gift. He didn't care for them, so he gave...
I have tested all JBL BT Headphones. I am not even sure why. These are the ONLY one which is worth considering if you look for a good sound. But NOT for the actual price of $270, EVER. They...
**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 158
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I read some of his other HE-500 impressions elsewhere and largely agreed or could see where he was coming from. In particular, I never did think it excelled with soundstaging for being open. Neither is perfect, but I think I'd take the AD in their current state over the HE-500 in most regards.
You don't have the original mad dog as well do you Matt? It'd be interesting to see someone's impressions on whether the more rigid baffle helps decrease a good amount of the rubbery sound that the original Mad Dog has.
Can't wait for your impressions, Matt. If they're what I'm hoping then I may order a pair of MDP to go with the rest of my equipment. Right now I'm really wanting to read more about them vs the Alphas and see if I'm good with the AD only as my only closed non-portables.
I see the MDP as a good fit for me. I can be a little rough on hp's and the MD seems to be about as rugged as they come. They'll also save a little weight over the AD plus I'll be able to use a lightweight custom cable with them to save even a little more weight. The only question is how they'll sound.
Postman should be here in about an hour.
I'll also be receiving the MDP this week, and it'll be going head to head with my 3.0's. I'm trying to decide whether I want to upgrade to the AD's which I've demoed and fell in love with, or if the MDP's funner signature might be my preference.
Caveat: I'm a metalhead.
- **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Decided on headphones, need AMP advice. 52 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Destiny 2 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio ZH-DWX10 DUOZA dual dynamic driver iem 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)