I always allow that people will hear things differently. We all have differences preferences in the way music is reproduced and different hearing as well. There is never a case where one opinion is always right, especially once you've gotten to this level.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some help deciding on a pair? Last post on 9/23/14 at 1:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on 9/20/14 at 10:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Comparing Mr Speaker Mad Dogs to NAD Viso HP50s Last post on 5/13/14 at 5:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Dog Pro: a review Last post on 9/26/14 at 10:22am in Headphones (full-size)
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 158
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I read some of his other HE-500 impressions elsewhere and largely agreed or could see where he was coming from. In particular, I never did think it excelled with soundstaging for being open. Neither is perfect, but I think I'd take the AD in their current state over the HE-500 in most regards.
You don't have the original mad dog as well do you Matt? It'd be interesting to see someone's impressions on whether the more rigid baffle helps decrease a good amount of the rubbery sound that the original Mad Dog has.
Can't wait for your impressions, Matt. If they're what I'm hoping then I may order a pair of MDP to go with the rest of my equipment. Right now I'm really wanting to read more about them vs the Alphas and see if I'm good with the AD only as my only closed non-portables.
I see the MDP as a good fit for me. I can be a little rough on hp's and the MD seems to be about as rugged as they come. They'll also save a little weight over the AD plus I'll be able to use a lightweight custom cable with them to save even a little more weight. The only question is how they'll sound.
Postman should be here in about an hour.
I'll also be receiving the MDP this week, and it'll be going head to head with my 3.0's. I'm trying to decide whether I want to upgrade to the AD's which I've demoed and fell in love with, or if the MDP's funner signature might be my preference.
Caveat: I'm a metalhead.
- **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 46 seconds ago
- › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread. 57 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › EarSonics to release new product very soon... 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** RHA (Reid Heath Acoustics) T10i IEM to debut at IFA 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Audiophilleo 1 and 2 USB to S/PDIF transport 5 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)