- 2,686 Posts. Joined 10/2010
- Location: San Diego
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- I need some help recognizing some headphones from a video! Last post on 2/12/15 at 6:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a closed headphone for rock\blues around ~$200 Last post on 2/4/15 at 12:09am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Mad Dog + Leather Dog Pads + Comfort Strap (MD003) Last post on 1/28/15 at 9:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- I've been away for a while ... closed-back HD600/HD650 soundalikes? Last post on 1/16/15 at 11:19am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- need help selecting new cans Last post on 12/27/14 at 5:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Thanks to Vivian from DUNU, I was able to listen to the best IEMs I place in my ears. I have reviewed a few IEMs such as the MEELEC M9, A151, CC51, M-DUO, JVC FXT90 and recently the Havi B3P1, but...
These have nice dynamics and are flatter than some headphones. Despite that the low-end still has enough gusto to bring tracks to life. Another benefit is the detachable cable which uses a 5N OFC...
Disclaimer: I am in not associated with any company; my views are mine, and my own. The Thinksound Rain2 is the newest IEM produced and designed by the environmentally friendly company...
Introduction: When I first came accross the AudioMinor in e-bay I was surprised that the seller is located in the country where I live: Turkey. I have contacted with the company owner/ebay...
For those if you who know me, you know i prefer the FR curve to be as neutral as possible. I have the Etymotic ER4s (ER4p with Etymotic's 75 ohm converter cable), had the HF5, and tried many...
**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 151
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
My Mad Dog's showed up yesterday. Very impressive. The isolation and comfort is really a step beyond anything I've tried before. And the sound is just.. lovely. Less shrill at the top compared to my A900's, which is a nice change.
Yes, it is a good pairing for the money. Opens the Mad Dogs up a little bit. I had a problem with the Mad Dogs making the volume pot be scratchy when adjusting the volume though. I'm not sure if that's a universal thing or just something to do with the particular pair of Mad Dogs I had.
It's a pretty decent pairing. I found the Vali did an appreciable better job and for not much more money. You'll have to be okay with some slight microphonics when you first turn the amp on though.
"many tubes, including the ones in Vali, are microphonic. When you plug in headphones on Vali, you'll hear a little "tiiinnnnggg...." noise that takes quite a while to go away. If you rap the chassis, it will do the same thing. If you work on, say, a paint shaker table, Vali's not going to be the best amp for you"
Quoted from http://schiit.com/products/vali
I noticed that with the Vali too, but after it settled down it was never an issue with music playing. I've had tubes on my desktop that rang just when I was typing, but the Vali doesn't ring like that at all for me, only on turn-on.
How do the Mad Dogs with Alpha pads sound with hiphop and dubstep?
Quite good for me. The MD is able to "handle" extra bass and keep the texture without blooming too much and getting out of control. Some hp's that are heavily bass colored get very loose with music that is also bass heavy.
- **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Music Game IX 5 seconds ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 6 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 38 seconds ago
- › What should I get: ruizu 02 or xduoo x2? 39 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Questions about my amp 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 II Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with... 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold by Frank I
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Inks
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Hifi Enthusiast
- › Schiit Vali by CEE TEE
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by ClieOS
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3