- 2,547 Posts. Joined 10/2010
- Location: San Diego
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some help deciding on a pair? Last post on 9/23/14 at 1:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on 9/20/14 at 10:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Comparing Mr Speaker Mad Dogs to NAD Viso HP50s Last post on 5/13/14 at 5:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Dog Pro: a review Last post on 10/4/14 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 151
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
My Mad Dog's showed up yesterday. Very impressive. The isolation and comfort is really a step beyond anything I've tried before. And the sound is just.. lovely. Less shrill at the top compared to my A900's, which is a nice change.
Yes, it is a good pairing for the money. Opens the Mad Dogs up a little bit. I had a problem with the Mad Dogs making the volume pot be scratchy when adjusting the volume though. I'm not sure if that's a universal thing or just something to do with the particular pair of Mad Dogs I had.
It's a pretty decent pairing. I found the Vali did an appreciable better job and for not much more money. You'll have to be okay with some slight microphonics when you first turn the amp on though.
"many tubes, including the ones in Vali, are microphonic. When you plug in headphones on Vali, you'll hear a little "tiiinnnnggg...." noise that takes quite a while to go away. If you rap the chassis, it will do the same thing. If you work on, say, a paint shaker table, Vali's not going to be the best amp for you"
Quoted from http://schiit.com/products/vali
I noticed that with the Vali too, but after it settled down it was never an issue with music playing. I've had tubes on my desktop that rang just when I was typing, but the Vali doesn't ring like that at all for me, only on turn-on.
How do the Mad Dogs with Alpha pads sound with hiphop and dubstep?
Quite good for me. The MD is able to "handle" extra bass and keep the texture without blooming too much and getting out of control. Some hp's that are heavily bass colored get very loose with music that is also bass heavy.
- **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable... 1 minute ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › The all-purpose ultracapacitor-powered Vinnie Rossi LIO 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 3 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 3 minutes ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 3 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 5 minutes ago
- › Official NYC Metro Area "Headphonatics Anonymous" Fall Meet -... 5 minutes ago
- › NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 8 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Construction expenses falls 0.8% in August...
- › Facebook, Ericsson & XL Indonesia Create...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2