- 2,487 Posts. Joined 10/2010
- Location: San Diego
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some help deciding on a pair? Last post on 9/23/14 at 1:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on 9/20/14 at 10:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Comparing Mr Speaker Mad Dogs to NAD Viso HP50s Last post on 5/13/14 at 5:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Dog Pro: a review Last post on 9/26/14 at 10:22am in Headphones (full-size)
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 151
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My Mad Dog's showed up yesterday. Very impressive. The isolation and comfort is really a step beyond anything I've tried before. And the sound is just.. lovely. Less shrill at the top compared to my A900's, which is a nice change.
Yes, it is a good pairing for the money. Opens the Mad Dogs up a little bit. I had a problem with the Mad Dogs making the volume pot be scratchy when adjusting the volume though. I'm not sure if that's a universal thing or just something to do with the particular pair of Mad Dogs I had.
It's a pretty decent pairing. I found the Vali did an appreciable better job and for not much more money. You'll have to be okay with some slight microphonics when you first turn the amp on though.
"many tubes, including the ones in Vali, are microphonic. When you plug in headphones on Vali, you'll hear a little "tiiinnnnggg...." noise that takes quite a while to go away. If you rap the chassis, it will do the same thing. If you work on, say, a paint shaker table, Vali's not going to be the best amp for you"
Quoted from http://schiit.com/products/vali
I noticed that with the Vali too, but after it settled down it was never an issue with music playing. I've had tubes on my desktop that rang just when I was typing, but the Vali doesn't ring like that at all for me, only on turn-on.
How do the Mad Dogs with Alpha pads sound with hiphop and dubstep?
Quite good for me. The MD is able to "handle" extra bass and keep the texture without blooming too much and getting out of control. Some hp's that are heavily bass colored get very loose with music that is also bass heavy.
- **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 40 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 47 seconds ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 57 seconds ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chi-Uni-Fi 8.5 Chicago Area HP Meet - Nov 8th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 4 minutes ago
- › Questyle CAS192D DAC Impressions and Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › 2014 brisbane head-fi meet 9 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)