- 2,473 Posts. Joined 10/2010
- Location: San Diego
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some help deciding on a pair? Last post on Yesterday at 10:39 pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on Today at 4:19 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Comparing Mr Speaker Mad Dogs to NAD Viso HP50s Last post on 5/13/14 at 5:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- FiiO X3 / X5 with the Mad Dogs. Last post on 3/3/14 at 5:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
I just received this device, along with a FiIO X5 to replace my now discontinued iPod classic. At first I liked this device - smaller, lighter than the FiIO, although only 1 slot. Shipped...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 151
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My Mad Dog's showed up yesterday. Very impressive. The isolation and comfort is really a step beyond anything I've tried before. And the sound is just.. lovely. Less shrill at the top compared to my A900's, which is a nice change.
Yes, it is a good pairing for the money. Opens the Mad Dogs up a little bit. I had a problem with the Mad Dogs making the volume pot be scratchy when adjusting the volume though. I'm not sure if that's a universal thing or just something to do with the particular pair of Mad Dogs I had.
It's a pretty decent pairing. I found the Vali did an appreciable better job and for not much more money. You'll have to be okay with some slight microphonics when you first turn the amp on though.
"many tubes, including the ones in Vali, are microphonic. When you plug in headphones on Vali, you'll hear a little "tiiinnnnggg...." noise that takes quite a while to go away. If you rap the chassis, it will do the same thing. If you work on, say, a paint shaker table, Vali's not going to be the best amp for you"
Quoted from http://schiit.com/products/vali
I noticed that with the Vali too, but after it settled down it was never an issue with music playing. I've had tubes on my desktop that rang just when I was typing, but the Vali doesn't ring like that at all for me, only on turn-on.
How do the Mad Dogs with Alpha pads sound with hiphop and dubstep?
Quite good for me. The MD is able to "handle" extra bass and keep the texture without blooming too much and getting out of control. Some hp's that are heavily bass colored get very loose with music that is also bass heavy.
- **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 13 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 16 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 48 seconds ago
- › How Head-fi has helped you on your audiophile journey 50 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 headphones and 10' Stefan Audio Art cable 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by RickFrank
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)