Originally Posted by gelocks
You are asking this in the MD thread so definitely every one will tell you to get one! LOL ;-)
Why don't we start with a couple of questions though....
1) Are you planning to take them outside every time (i.e. will they be every day use/commuter/portable headphones)?
2) Which genres do you enjoy the most?
3) Since you got a V-Moda, are you a basshead?
4) Do you find the V-Moda's comfortable and do you actually like them?
Apologies for the super late reply.
Life has been pretty hectic lately.
Anyways, the M100's are on the way back.
Which means I'm definitely looking for something to fill my headphoneless gap that I'm living now.
1) They will never leave the house, I'm at my computer 12+ hours almost every day.
2) I listen to almost every genre with minimal country and jazz.
3) Bass is great, but I love accurate punchy bass over blast your face off and give you headaches bass.
4) Found them to be quite uncomfortable after less than 1 hour even after wearing them for a week.
For the most part - I just didn't enjoy them at all to be honest.
So my next mission will be buying something...definitely looking at the Mad Dog the most. Though there are a few other considerations in the price range.
I'll be buying an Audioquest Dragonfly v1.2 DAC, and running it directly from my computer.
Hopefully this helps some, and once again sorry for not getting back to you earlier.