Out of my ipod classic, They sound boring, flat(not in a good way) Plug in even a fiio e5/e6 and they come to life and it only gets better with better equipment.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Hi, I'm new and need help with choosing components Last post on 12/10/13 at 1:19am in Computer Audio
- What specs should I look out for when buying portable DAC/amp both Mad Dogs and IEMs? Last post on 12/8/13 at 9:36am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones that suck you into the music and make you forget about everything else. Last post on 12/7/13 at 8:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- No diffence in sound quality with amp Last post on 12/5/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Pairing Amp for the MadDogs by MrSpeaker Last post on 12/18/13 at 7:56pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/16/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 132
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I didn't say they sound great that way, but they definitely don't sound boring to me either. And if this person doesn't want to spend any extra money on additional gear, I see no reason why that should discourage him/her from purchasing a fantastic pair of headphones.
I actually haven't listened to the iPhone for a while since I got the DX50s so I tried them out again and I actually get slightly below the volume I would normally listen to on most tracks with the volume at maximum, so 2/3 volume is way way too quiet. I must be quite deaf
There is a locking screw that is supposed to minimize twist. A minor rotation is possible because the housing is rubber and will flex, but if it really is moving freely there is a problem and if you twist it you will break the cable for sure, so please don't.
There are two ways to handle this:
1) Pull the rubber boot down and tighten the small screw as much as possible. I'm assuming it came a bit loose. If you have any problem doing this we'll warranty it.
2) Let us replace your cable and return the bad one to us.
Guys, I am really trying to decide if I should upgrade/get the Mad Dog's balanced version as I am on the single ended right now. I recently got the NFB-28 and wanted to utilize to its full potential. Although, that will prevent me from comparing my new amp/DAC with my old Schiit Magni/Modi stack (and possibly the Bitfrost/Asgard), I am curious if its worth it. I was planning on sending my old SE Mad Dogs in, whenever I can upgrade them.
Actually, scratch the "I am curious if its worth it". I would like to know is there a noticeable difference. If so, in what way?
I recommendation is to go with the balanced cable. My experience with the NFB series amps, I owned the 6, was that there was a significant improvement when using the balanced out. Plus the MD will respond well to balanced power. Go for it!!
Thanks MattTCG. I got a little impatient and ordered one anyways, after searching a bit more in this thread of course. I didn't find much but from what I gathered, it seemed some preferred the balanced XLR cable over the single ended. I know the NFB-28 I have puts out more power under balance mode, and want to make use of the NFB-28 balanced setup anyways. Just will wait some more to upgrade my Mad Dog's single ended to Alpha Dogs.
It's just nice that both headphones have the option to swap out Single-ended and balance cables
I'm also curious about the sound of a balanced MD...
- **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 4 seconds ago
- › The Great Grado Experiment (4 tonewoods tested, more to come!) 22 seconds ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 25 seconds ago
- › Logitech UE6000 35 seconds ago
- › So, I'm looking for that perfect amp... 1 minute ago
- › Brainwavz Delta IEM's: new low cost champs! 1 minute ago
- › Replacement earpads for HD580 / HD600 / HD650 from Ebay seller from... 1 minute ago
- › ATH M50 or Sennheiser HD439? 1 minute ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 1 minute ago
- › One channel dead on Westone UM 3X 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital