Some late answers:
* Mad Dogs are not portable headphones.
* They do not work properly with Cmoy amps (and neither do HiFiMan planars).
* They will work directly out of phones, tablets and laptops, but will work better with a DAC and Amp.
* You will want to spend slightly more than the cost of the Mad Dogs, on a DAC and an Amp.
* The upgrade to the Version 3.2 is definitely worth the trouble and cost (but that might depend on extra trouble and cost of shipping from foreign countries). The pads on the version 3.2 are quite different from Version 2 or 1, they are very thick and enveloping and might be excessively warm in very hot conditions. (They do have very good isolation as a result.)