Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 13

post #181 of 2839

Got it.  Thanks!

post #182 of 2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

 

Amperex Orange Globes from Mercedesman on ebay is a sure thing. 

+1

post #183 of 2839
Quote:
Amperex Orange Globes from Mercedesman on ebay is a sure thing. 

I checked out ebay and it seems like Mercedesman is selling many different variants of these tubes. Some were made in different years, different places, or have slightly different names such as "sweet tone" or "sweet nos." Is there a difference, or are they all essentially the same tube?

post #184 of 2839
Thread Starter 
post #185 of 2839

Does anyone use their Mad Dogs with the Emotiva a-100?  Would like to hear some impressions on the pairing.

 

I'm going to make this my bedroom rig.  Pretty cheap amp and I'm thinking about the John Kenny Ciunas DAC.

post #186 of 2839
Thread Starter 
On paper the amp is a good pairing. The MD responds well to power and scales nicely. I'd say that it would be a good match.
post #187 of 2839

Our web host appears to be having issues, can't even reach the host's home page.  

 

EDIT: Resolved and back online.


Edited by mrspeakers - 6/19/13 at 8:38am
post #188 of 2839

barely got them onto the plastc base, but the alphapads do fit on the denons...

the lambs are supersoft...nice. 

 

 

 

 

the pads are deeper,

bass sounded more focused, separation better...

a toss between this alpha n jmoney.

 

Doubt the apha can squeeeeez onto the akg k550s....Beyers, pro900s  should be fine. 


Edited by Lorspeaker - 6/19/13 at 6:06pm
post #189 of 2839

Hey, neat!  Is there a thread that's been discussing this?  I've seen unusual interest in pads this last few days but didn't spot anything specific...

post #190 of 2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by cangle View Post

I checked out ebay and it seems like Mercedesman is selling many different variants of these tubes. Some were made in different years, different places, or have slightly different names such as "sweet tone" or "sweet nos." Is there a difference, or are they all essentially the same tube?

I've purchased tubes from him before, he's very helpful.  

post #191 of 2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post

I've purchased tubes from him before, he's very helpful.  

+1, awesome guy to deal with. (et tu,  Danbigsmile_face.gif)

post #192 of 2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post

Hey, neat!  Is there a thread that's been discussing this?  I've seen unusual interest in pads this last few days but didn't spot anything specific...

It would be interesting to know if alpha pads fit on AKG k501/601/701/k702.

post #193 of 2839

akg k70x...that would need some ripping off of the old foam, n superglueing...just like pro900.

post #194 of 2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

akg k70x...that would need some ripping off of the old foam, n superglueing...just like pro900.


Edited by jibzilla - 6/3/14 at 6:53pm
post #195 of 2839
Has anyone heard the Mad Dogs with the Audio-GD NFB-10.32? Or any other Audio-GD amps?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**