Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 114

post #1696 of 2871
Basically the answer is that the cable you want doesn't exist outside of custom cables. And even then is narrowed down to DIYers that will do it at basically cost out of the kindness of their heart to meet your price point.

I actually wish someone could find what you're looking for because I would have tried it already to compare with the cables I've made for it.
post #1697 of 2871

Try this...

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beats-By-Dre-Replacement-Pro-Audio-Cable-MIXR-PRO-STUDIO-SOLO-MONSTER-/130968735084

 

Only thing beats are good for.

post #1698 of 2871
Thread Starter 

I'd buy that...

post #1699 of 2871
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

I'd buy that...

 

This suits you more Matt...

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Koss-headphones-K-6XLC-with-extended-cord-/190905409884?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item2c72d9615c

 

Mr. Vintage

post #1700 of 2871

Dan, or really to anybody who can answer: is there any way I could by a MD 3.2, but with the old decals on them? Like these http://www.btg-audio.com/photos/undefined/Maddogz%20old.jpg ? 

post #1701 of 2871

He actually has the new look embossed/painted on. Not sure exactly what process it was but if you place a sticker over it, the raised text may press through. However, I do not know if he has non painted ones or the stickers.

post #1702 of 2871
Not 100% sure
Dan will remove my BTG cable,install his,then I have to contact Brian and see,what he wants to do with my old copper cable--if anything?..I,d hate to loose it.
I,m assuming the AD,s will have to be retuned,if I change the cable???
post #1703 of 2871

Wow! Just WOW! 

Got my MDs 3.2 from across the sea to Sweden today. 7 days with an total at 399 dollars (100 dollars import tax) 

The Alpha pads are worth the wait and price themselves, i will have to wait and see how the sound comes along with burning in but im already digging it pretty hard.

Could not be more happy!

Thank you Dan! 

post #1704 of 2871
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post
 

 

This suits you more Matt...

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Koss-headphones-K-6XLC-with-extended-cord-/190905409884?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item2c72d9615c

 

Mr. Vintage

 

haha...those look like torture devices. I'll pass. But I will keep my vintage receiver that will spank your high dollar hp amp for a fraction of the money. :p

post #1705 of 2871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callius View Post
 

Wow! Just WOW! 

Got my MDs 3.2 from across the sea to Sweden today. 7 days with an total at 399 dollars (100 dollars import tax) 

The Alpha pads are worth the wait and price themselves, i will have to wait and see how the sound comes along with burning in but im already digging it pretty hard.

Could not be more happy!

Thank you Dan! 

 

They are pretty damn amazing! Spent countless hours just listening to music I was previously bored of, only one track so far has sounded quite weird on them.

post #1706 of 2871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andeby View Post
They are pretty damn amazing! Spent countless hours just listening to music I was previously bored of, only one track so far has sounded quite weird on them.

I'm curious as to what that was...

post #1707 of 2871
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstuart View Post
 

I'm curious as to what that was...

 

This track:

 
Not sure what word to use (Recessed?) as English is not my first language and even then I don't know that many terms when it comes to sound, but it feels almost the same as when my DSP desktop speaker system clips from too loud source-sound. Maybe it just sounds weird to me, not sure really, just found that one track to be a bit off. But when I'm sitting here listening to OST-music, able to hear almost every little detail in the most chaotic tracks I know, I don't care one bit about that track sounding weird. :p
post #1708 of 2871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andeby View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstuart View Post
 

I'm curious as to what that was...

 

This track:

 
Not sure what word to use (Recessed?) as English is not my first language and even then I don't know that many terms when it comes to sound, but it feels almost the same as when my DSP desktop speaker system clips from too loud source-sound. Maybe it just sounds weird to me, not sure really, just found that one track to be a bit off. But when I'm sitting here listening to OST-music, able to hear almost every little detail in the most chaotic tracks I know, I don't care one bit about that track sounding weird. :p

The link doesn't work for me (not only am I not a Spotify member, but they have different restrictions for different countries).

 

I was just looking for Artist/Title.

post #1709 of 2871
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstuart View Post
 

The link doesn't work for me (not only am I not a Spotify member, but they have different restrictions for different countries).

 

I was just looking for Artist/Title.

Wardance (feat. RZA) - Timbo King. Could be just a weird sounding track.

post #1710 of 2871
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek200 View Post
 

Although ,not a coiled cable,Brian could make you a cable that would work just fine ,at your desk-e-mail him first.

 

http://btg-audio.webs.com/webstore.htm

 

Another one ,you might consider is:

 

Ted Allen..

 

tedallen0220@gmail.com

 

Ted,just made me a silver cable ,for my HD800's--outstanding SQ & CS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakahah View Post

Basically the answer is that the cable you want doesn't exist outside of custom cables. And even then is narrowed down to DIYers that will do it at basically cost out of the kindness of their heart to meet your price point.

I actually wish someone could find what you're looking for because I would have tried it already to compare with the cables I've made for it.

All right. I concede. Looks like no one makes any decent coiled cable for what I want, except V-MODA but I don't want to plug in an adapter. So what's a good <100$ cable I can get? All these custom cable websites never have any way to order a single end to end audio cable... Like 1/4" on one side and 1/8" on the other.

 

 

 
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**