e12 cost $130 ish. The Pioneer sx650 will just trounce it for half the money. Just don't get me started.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Hi, I'm new and need help with choosing components Last post on Yesterday at 1:19 am in Computer Audio
- What specs should I look out for when buying portable DAC/amp both Mad Dogs and IEMs? Last post on 12/8/13 at 9:36am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones that suck you into the music and make you forget about everything else. Last post on 12/7/13 at 8:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- No diffence in sound quality with amp Last post on 12/5/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Pairing Amp for the MadDogs by MrSpeaker Last post on 12/3/13 at 2:08pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
The short and simple of it is this is the best DAP for the price I have owned. I have used all the main stream players, (IPods, Zune, Creative Zen Player, etc) and I will never go back. Besides the...
I really like this headphone. I've been trying various headphones in this pricerange, and decided on this one. But maybe the Price is a bit too high, when comparing to the first Creative...
As I contemplated giving these a go, I became aware that there was one thing that I wasn't too thrilled about. No mic or controls. I am a person constantly on the go, so most of my listening...
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 107
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Why sir, the whole long forgotten point of this entire site is just that, to get people started.
30ish bucks will get you a wicked tripath based amp if you recable the phones to use it
I picked up a Pico Power but not sure I'm keeping it... Do any of you electrical/DIYguys know how many watts per channel the pico power does into the Mad Dog? Does anyone else have and like the combo?
I'm toying with getting (or keeping!) either a more spendy portable amp for the 3.2 at home and the Alpha Dog at the office or getting a cheaper amp for either place. I was suprisingly impressed with the O2 for the Mad Dog but the potential capacity for better is always out there...
If you had to split $400 between home and office, what would you choose? One spendy portable? Or something like an O2 for home (where I listen less) and an Asgard for the office? Etc...
At this point, I expect people are wondering why a Curad box is the "Recent Image In This Thread"
So, is the idea to put it in between the drivers, to keep the pads separated ?
For those who are subscribed to the Alpha Dog thread as well, a Curad box seems comparatively normal.
And a wheelbarrow. Hey MattTCG - I think we've got your portable rig sorted out!
I can confirm now that the CEntrance HIFI-M8 is a nice pairing with the MD's. The HIFI-M8 must dump most of a watt into the things. They respond very well. As a quick aside to those that have the HD650 - the HIFI-M8 is pretty magical with the HD650.
Is your MD universal?
I'm wondering if there is a comparison between "single-end MD + single-ended HiFi-M8" and "balanced MD + balanced HiFi-M8".
My MD's are balanced with the Mr. Speakers universal cable. I do have a 4 pin to 1/4" adapter. I haven't gotten around to the comparison, but I'm curious. I forgot to bring the adapter to work today, or I'd try it out while I avoid productivity.
- **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 57 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 1 minute ago
- › Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 1 minute ago
- › Comfortable Headphones for Indie/Dubstep 2 minutes ago
- › Numbers,.... Male vs Female HeadFiers? 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for headphones for metal music; my budget is $0 - 300 3 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 3 minutes ago
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe