Recent Images In This Thread
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO X3 / X5 with the Mad Dogs. Last post on 3/3/14 at 5:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Beyerdynamic DT880 250 ohm vs. Mad Dogs Last post on 3/6/14 at 7:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How to know if your amp is good for your headphone? Last post on 2/18/14 at 3:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Schiit Vali to replace/upgrade from Magni with Mad Dog Headphones Last post on 2/4/14 at 7:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
I noticed so much praise around here that my expectations were quite high and I gotta say: I was not disappointed at all. There's little new we can say about such a famous/infamous IEM. I bought a...
**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 106
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well thus far that makes 2 of us.
Why sir, the whole long forgotten point of this entire site is just that, to get people started.
30ish bucks will get you a wicked tripath based amp if you recable the phones to use it
I picked up a Pico Power but not sure I'm keeping it... Do any of you electrical/DIYguys know how many watts per channel the pico power does into the Mad Dog? Does anyone else have and like the combo?
I'm toying with getting (or keeping!) either a more spendy portable amp for the 3.2 at home and the Alpha Dog at the office or getting a cheaper amp for either place. I was suprisingly impressed with the O2 for the Mad Dog but the potential capacity for better is always out there...
If you had to split $400 between home and office, what would you choose? One spendy portable? Or something like an O2 for home (where I listen less) and an Asgard for the office? Etc...
At this point, I expect people are wondering why a Curad box is the "Recent Image In This Thread"
So, is the idea to put it in between the drivers, to keep the pads separated ?
For those who are subscribed to the Alpha Dog thread as well, a Curad box seems comparatively normal.
And a wheelbarrow. Hey MattTCG - I think we've got your portable rig sorted out!
I can confirm now that the CEntrance HIFI-M8 is a nice pairing with the MD's. The HIFI-M8 must dump most of a watt into the things. They respond very well. As a quick aside to those that have the HD650 - the HIFI-M8 is pretty magical with the HD650.
- **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Westone Signature W-series W50 & W60 56 seconds ago
- › Spotify Premium - is it good enough? 1 minute ago
- › Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?) 2 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › what is the BEST IEM FOR VOCAL?? 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob