Recent Images In This Thread
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Comparing Mr Speaker Mad Dogs to NAD Viso HP50s Last post on 5/13/14 at 5:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- FiiO X3 / X5 with the Mad Dogs. Last post on 3/3/14 at 5:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Beyerdynamic DT880 250 ohm vs. Mad Dogs Last post on 3/6/14 at 7:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How to know if your amp is good for your headphone? Last post on 2/18/14 at 3:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Schiit Vali to replace/upgrade from Magni with Mad Dog Headphones Last post on 2/4/14 at 7:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 106
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well thus far that makes 2 of us.
Why sir, the whole long forgotten point of this entire site is just that, to get people started.
30ish bucks will get you a wicked tripath based amp if you recable the phones to use it
I picked up a Pico Power but not sure I'm keeping it... Do any of you electrical/DIYguys know how many watts per channel the pico power does into the Mad Dog? Does anyone else have and like the combo?
I'm toying with getting (or keeping!) either a more spendy portable amp for the 3.2 at home and the Alpha Dog at the office or getting a cheaper amp for either place. I was suprisingly impressed with the O2 for the Mad Dog but the potential capacity for better is always out there...
If you had to split $400 between home and office, what would you choose? One spendy portable? Or something like an O2 for home (where I listen less) and an Asgard for the office? Etc...
At this point, I expect people are wondering why a Curad box is the "Recent Image In This Thread"
So, is the idea to put it in between the drivers, to keep the pads separated ?
For those who are subscribed to the Alpha Dog thread as well, a Curad box seems comparatively normal.
And a wheelbarrow. Hey MattTCG - I think we've got your portable rig sorted out!
I can confirm now that the CEntrance HIFI-M8 is a nice pairing with the MD's. The HIFI-M8 must dump most of a watt into the things. They respond very well. As a quick aside to those that have the HD650 - the HIFI-M8 is pretty magical with the HD650.
- **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 second ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread 5 seconds ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 13 seconds ago
- › Looking for headphones with angled drivers 36 seconds ago
- › ever heard of this? 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 1 minute ago
- › Uplifting Trance reccomendations 1 minute ago
- › CanMania 2014 @ Capital Audiofest: Impressions & Reports 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by hans030390
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)