- 2,176 Posts. Joined 12/2009
- Location: California
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- I need some help recognizing some headphones from a video! Last post on 2/12/15 at 6:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a closed headphone for rock\blues around ~$200 Last post on 2/4/15 at 12:09am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Mad Dog + Leather Dog Pads + Comfort Strap (MD003) Last post on 1/28/15 at 9:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- I've been away for a while ... closed-back HD600/HD650 soundalikes? Last post on 1/16/15 at 11:19am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- need help selecting new cans Last post on 12/27/14 at 5:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Sony walkman A-10 review PACKAGING : so simple .. just the player,cable and...
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 102
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I am currently running SE mad dogs through the Magni/Modi stack. Whilst it is clear and very precise it was just a bit too bright. it does have plenty of power and is a great combo for the price. It just didn't suit my ears. I have heard the mad dogs through a couple of amps now( lyr and RSA Intruder) and it seems to me that the more power you can feed them the better they sound.
You can't really compare the Magni with a Lyr considering the $300 max budget for doublea71
My mate also has a mad dogs and wanted an amp/dac combo for under $300 and I steered him to the schiit stack. Might give it a try with my HE500s also when he gets them. Any other suggestions that would sound good for below $300?
I was hesitating to comment further on the Magni, but just now on another site, I read this comment:
This was my impression, and also that of a reviewer.
$99 seems to go a little bit farther with a DAC, because it is mostly digital circuits that can be very inexpensive. Whereas amplification requires more than just chips, and so the $99 amp does a great job for the price, but only if the headphones are very "sensitive" (i.e. put out a lot of sound with very little input).
Again, the Mad Dogs do nicely straight out of a laptop, but conversely the more power the better is also true.
So, if someone's budget is $300 for a DAC and Amp for Mad Dogs, if they are buying from schiit.com I would stretch to $348 and get the Modi and Asgard 2 (although I have not heard the Asgard 2, so I am basing this on reports - and there is a full 14-day no questions asked return policy on it anyway.)
Given all the attention from head-fi and the shows, it's possible that they are so backlogged that they have more orders and messages than they can deal with...
Depends on if you can deal with the HE-400's upper treble peak, missing midrange and lower comfort than the Mad Dogs. The bass is a tad better on the HE400s though, I must say.
Here is why:
|Part of the Performance Parameter of Phone out|
|Output Power 1||> 540 mW@16Ω||Output Impedance||<0.3Ω|
|Output Power2||> 270 mW@32Ω||Crosstalk||>75 dB@1KHz|
|Output Power3||> 30 mW@300Ω||THD+N||< 0.005%@1KHz|
|Frequency Response||10Hz~20KHz（+/-0.2)||MAX output voltage||> 8 Vp-p|
|SNR||> 105 dB (AUX IN)||MAX output current||> 250 mA|
It actually puts out a hell of a lot of power for a portable player. It puts out more power at 32ohms than the E17.
I have both the HE-400 and the Mad Dog 3.2 Universal (with 1/4" cable) and I will probably be selling my HE-400s.
I was surprised by how much of an improvement the 3.2 are over the 3.0 version. The 3.2 revision pretty much fixes all the problems with the earlier versions. This makes the extreme clarity and transparency of the Mad Dog work well with most genres of music.
The two things missing are "air" and soundstage depth, and from the reports, the Alpha Dog fixes both of those, which is why I have pre-ordered the Alpha Dog (while keeping the Mad Dog 3.2).
The Mad Dog has less "ringing" and "smearing" that any headphones I have heard. It is like the difference between speakers in a room with a lot of hard surfaces (no carpeting) versus the sound of the same speakers in a well stuffed room with lots of drapes and carpeting...
Does anyone know if it would be possible to get v3.2 Mad Dogs new, but with these decals? http://www.headfonia.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/mrspeakers_maddog_03.jpg
As in, could I request that somehow or something?
- **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › My 200-ish budget PC/Home audio setup ! 22 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 23 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 1 minute ago
- › Schiit SYS Passive Preamp 2 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by Mmet
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2