Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 9

post #121 of 2841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post

Hello, just curious so how do the updates and retuning work on the mad dogs say in a few months 3.3 comes out would it be free or would you have to pay a fee. Plus, does any one have any measurement graphs on the improvement from the stock T50rp's to the mad dogs? Thanks

 

There is no update in the works but if we do an update at some point, unless there is a major parts change we'd stick with the approach of keeping it low cost.  For international users, return shipping from the US has come up as a concern.  The good news is the USPS has announced First Class shipping is available online, which will be a bit slower but reduce most international shipments to about $23.  

post #122 of 2841
Quote:
Originally Posted by claud W View Post

Orderd Thursday morning and delivered Saturday with the cheap shipping. Sound great right out of the box and seem to be getting better. Anyone know how long is breakin? Very comfortable and seem light as my HD600s and K702s. No A/B yet but might sound better than both of them. Nice bass too.

 

This is a good question.  Does planar magnetic drives benefit from break in / burn in - in general?

 

popcorn.gif

post #123 of 2841
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

This is a good question.  Does planar magnetic drives benefit from break in / burn in - in general?

popcorn.gif
Mine seemed to benefit from 2 or 3 hours at most.
post #124 of 2841
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post
For international users, return shipping from the US has come up as a concern. 

I know you intend to keep cost low and simple. I'm curious as to what it takes to have your headphones 'Sold by Amazon'. They have free shipping to some countries with purchases more than USD125. They handle the taxes too, so it's a convenience to some customers from these countries. Amazon could probably handle the returns then.

post #125 of 2841
Quote:
Originally Posted by eron View Post

I know you intend to keep cost low and simple. I'm curious as to what it takes to have your headphones 'Sold by Amazon'. They have free shipping to some countries with purchases more than USD125. They handle the taxes too, so it's a convenience to some customers from these countries. Amazon could probably handle the returns then.

+1

 

I would purchase these in a heartbeat if they were sold on Amazon.

 

I am really interested in the new 3.2 version but without the fancy XLR cable. I only need the standard 10ft and 4ft 3.5 to 3.5mm cables with a 1/4in adapter.

 

The $400 price tag is a bit too much for my wallet, though. I was under the impression that the newer version would be the same price as the normal...

post #126 of 2841

I don't own them (yet) but my impression was that the $299 version is the same tuning as the balanced, so they're both ver. 3.2. This is based on the fact that the 3.2 has been out for a month or so and the balanced setup just started shipping in the past few days.

post #127 of 2841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post

+1

I would purchase these in a heartbeat if they were sold on Amazon.

I am really interested in the new 3.2 version but without the fancy XLR cable. I only need the standard 10ft and 4ft 3.5 to 3.5mm cables with a 1/4in adapter.

The $400 price tag is a bit too much for my wallet, though. I was under the impression that the newer version would be the same price as the normal...

the $300 headphones on the website are the 3.2 version too
post #128 of 2841

So now that I've caught up with recent discussions in this thread and the locked one, I've learned that Dan has decided to name different revisions of the MD. This is both good and bad. Good in that the headphone will always be improving, bad in that people like me living abroad will have a heck of a lot of trouble sending our pair back and forth for upgrades.

 

So is 3.2 going to be upgraded soon or at all?

post #129 of 2841
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver316 View Post

So now that I've caught up with recent discussions in this thread and the locked one, I've learned that Dan has decided to name different revisions of the MD. This is both good and bad. Good in that the headphone will always be improving, bad in that people like me living abroad will have a heck of a lot of trouble sending our pair back and forth for upgrades.

 

So is 3.2 going to be upgraded soon or at all?

 

 

You must have missed Dans' post on this very same page..blink.gif  See below.  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post

 

There is no update in the works but if we do an update at some point, unless there is a major parts change we'd stick with the approach of keeping it low cost.  For international users, return shipping from the US has come up as a concern.  The good news is the USPS has announced First Class shipping is available online, which will be a bit slower but reduce most international shipments to about $23.  

post #130 of 2841

Hmm dunno how I missed that. Thanks for the info. But cost really isn't the issue, I just don't know if I can deal with 2 months of using iBuds if i had to send back my pair for upgrades. 

post #131 of 2841
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver316 View Post

Hmm dunno how I missed that. Thanks for the info. But cost really isn't the issue, I just don't know if I can deal with 2 months of using iBuds if i had to send back my pair for upgrades. 

 

Well... you wont be waiting two months because Dan and his team usually update headphones pretty fast (i.e. not even a two weeks turnaround...)

post #132 of 2841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post

+1

 

I would purchase these in a heartbeat if they were sold on Amazon.

 

I am really interested in the new 3.2 version but without the fancy XLR cable. I only need the standard 10ft and 4ft 3.5 to 3.5mm cables with a 1/4in adapter.

 

The $400 price tag is a bit too much for my wallet, though. I was under the impression that the newer version would be the same price as the normal...

 

The 3.2 is the revision for ALL Mad Dog models we ship.  

 

The balanced only changes the connectors and cable for users with XLR.  It's more expensive because we have to make modifications to the headphone shell, as well as including the custom cable.  DIY types can also make their own upgraded cables for the regular Mad Dog.  So unless you want to use the phones with a balanced amp, there is no benefit to buying the more expensive model.


Edited by mrspeakers - 6/10/13 at 7:19am
post #133 of 2841
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post

 

Well... you wont be waiting two months because Dan and his team usually update headphones pretty fast (i.e. not even a two weeks turnaround...)

 

When i say 2 months, I mean for shipping. It takes at least a month to ship items from the US to here. Factor in the time Dan would need for upgrades + shipping from here to the US, I would guess at least 2 months.

post #134 of 2841
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver316 View Post

 

When i say 2 months, I mean for shipping. It takes at least a month to ship items from the US to here. Factor in the time Dan would need for upgrades + shipping from here to the US, I would guess at least 2 months.

 

Oh Ooppps... didn't see your location!

As long as the update is nothing major, I guess you should be good to go (we had this discussion before though... lol).

Personally, I'm still on Version 3.0 and loving the headphones as they are!

Maybe if another update or two surface the rest of the year, I might think about it. In the meantime, MDs are excellent the way they are (i.e. and I don't expect a super duper major change in sound from the incremental updates, and if I want a huge change, I will just buy new/different headphones... on that note, I have the new JVC HA-SZ2000, Denon D5000 with Lawton Level 3 mods, some Monster Ncredible cans and the Kickstarter Grain Audio headphones on the way this month... aaaahhh I love/hate this "hobby"... )

post #135 of 2841
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver316 View Post

 

When i say 2 months, I mean for shipping. It takes at least a month to ship items from the US to here. Factor in the time Dan would need for upgrades + shipping from here to the US, I would guess at least 2 months.

 

Priority mail shipping overseas is 6-9 days... First Class is half the price and takes longer (USPS doesn't commit), but it seems two weeks is typical for the service.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**