btw does anyone know if most of the high end companies are small scale like stax or are a lot of the companies pretty big? And if they are big how big do they get in terms of like number of employees or assets (number of factories, warehouses, etc) and which high end headphone company would be the largest in the world right now? (well i guess its sony if you would count them as high end)
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone comparison: Sennheiser HD 600, HD 700, HD 800, HD 25-1, and the Amperior;... Last post on 7/7/15 at 6:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- If you could pick any 4 headphones that you had to live with for the rest of your life, what... Last post on 9/12/11 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Alessandro Ms2i's, are they for me/ alternatives/ recommendations? Last post on 11/25/11 at 7:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Sennheiser Tier of Headphones Last post on 1/15/12 at 4:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mixing with headphones - hard choice? Last post on 6/23/11 at 5:19am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
BEYERDYNAMIC iDX 160 iE INTRO If you're reading this you must be a Head-Fi member or just looking at reviews for a new pair of headphones or iem’s. Let me introduce myself, my name is Adam...
Table of Contents Introduction Features and Ergonomics Sound Quality With IEMS With full-size headphones Comparisons to other audio gear For whom is this player good...
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Brainwavz needs no introduction. They have been in the IEM market long enough that they have made a name for themselves, especially in the bang-for-bucks section. The S5 has been in the market for...
I would like to start by saying thank you to Penon Audio for letting me check out the SHOZY Lancea. The Lacea was sent to me in exchange for my honest opinion of it. The SHOZY Lancea is available...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
headphone companies are based in which countries???? (just curious) - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
There's no easy way to know those numbers. You just have to use google and common sense.
Tiny companies in top-end headphone business I'd say is just Stax, Audeze and Hifiman. Ignoring "garage" operations like those guys with the Floats and Taket.
AKG is probably the smallest of the big name manufacturers (250 employees according to Wikipedia), but they're a part of Harman-Kardon which is big. Beyerdynamic has 300, Sennheiser has 2200.
Edited by Wildstar - 6/17/13 at 6:07am
- headphone companies are based in which countries???? (just curious)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › How to choose considering sound fatigue? 25 seconds ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 59 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Hidizs' new product AP300 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 2 minutes ago
- › Magni 2 vs Head Box S for Grados 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Suggestions for Old DT770s? 6 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 7 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 8 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2