New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CALLING ALL IRISH MEMBERS - Page 5

post #61 of 216
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry123456 View Post

Forgive my utter ignorance, but is Naas (assuming that's the location) reasonably got to (both in cost and journey time etc) from Connolly station? I know very little of Dublin outside the main town centre and definitely need to travel down on the train from Norn Irn.

 

September would probably work for me ... though I am planning some holidays away that month ... no definite dates yet.

you can get a bus from the quays across from connoly station to naas. there are a few buses that go. it takes less than 40 minutes. i will have a look at the bus times now and get back to you

post #62 of 216
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post

you can get a bus from the quays across from connoly station to naas. there are a few buses that go. it takes less than 40 minutes. i will have a look at the bus times now and get back to you

http://jjkavanagh.ie/en/timetables - go to main routes section and you will see under it - clonmel - kilkeny - naas - dublin- 

click on this and you will open a pdf timetable. it says the bus leaves from dublin (ulster bank, georges quay) that is right beside connely station and it takes 45 minutes to get to naas. it is 5 euro and i think the cheapest option. buseireann charge more. 

post #63 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post

you can get a bus from the quays across from connoly station to naas. there are a few buses that go. it takes less than 40 minutes. i will have a look at the bus times now and get back to you

 

Excellent! I was thinking it could be many miles away. 40 minutes should be no probs! Cheers

post #64 of 216
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry123456 View Post

 

Excellent! I was thinking it could be many miles away. 40 minutes should be no probs! Cheers

would your amp power a hi fi man headphone? there is a link above with the bus timetable by the way

post #65 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post

would your amp power a hi fi man headphone? there is a link above with the bus timetable by the way

 

I don't know, but I'd be very interested to find out. The Graham Slee website states this:

 

Headphone impedance range: 8 to 2,000 Ohms / 16 to 600 Ohms preferred

Higher output current: its output stage has been beefed-up to take control of the most difficult headphones with ease

 

Hmmm... I believe the resistance stated for Hifiman headphones doesn't mean the same thing as for regular phones, so not sure what to read into the above...

 

To know for sure, we'd need to email Graham Slee. If you want to, be sure to mention that mine is the Ultra Linear, not the Ultra Linear Diamond Edition, just in case that matters.

 

Cheers for the bus info!

post #66 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry123456 View Post

 

To know for sure, we'd need to email Graham Slee. If you want to, be sure to mention that mine is the Ultra Linear, not the Ultra Linear Diamond Edition, just in case that matters.

 

 

The other point to mention to Graham Slee is the exact Hifiman headphone.

 

The Hifiman site states the HE500 can be driven by a regular headphone amp, whereas the HE6 needs a beast of an amp ... 5 watts at 50 ohms. Their recommended amp weighs 10 kilos. My wee Slee is definitely not in that league ... but it may well be OK for the HE500.

post #67 of 216

The end of september would be ideal the winter is a great time for hobbies like this. Hopefully i will have a HI-FI MAN 901 by then. It would be great to hear some planar magnetic cans and see a selection of portable amps

post #68 of 216
Yeah, the easiest thing is probably to go from connolly to heuston on the luas and get the commuter service to sallins.

But bear in mind we might be able to arrange lifts/get you collected from connolly....


Re:the planar cans and schiit amps - why not! I don't mind acting as the responsible adult to receive /mind/send them back...




Fran
post #69 of 216
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fran View Post

Yeah, the easiest thing is probably to go from connolly to heuston on the luas and get the commuter service to sallins.

But bear in mind we might be able to arrange lifts/get you collected from connolly....


Re:the planar cans and schiit amps - why not! I don't mind acting as the responsible adult to receive /mind/send them back...




Fran

Same here i would be up for that.

post #70 of 216
Thread Starter 

What date in September? Sat the 21st or Sat the 28th? I am good either way. 

post #71 of 216
Thread Starter 

Electro Mod got back to me. They said that they would send out the HE-400 and 500. Depending on what people want to hear he said he can provide the Asgard2 and Bi Frost or a Magni Modi. I think the Asgard2 and the bi frost would be a better way to go. what do you guys think?

post #72 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by fran View Post

Yeah, the easiest thing is probably to go from connolly to heuston on the luas and get the commuter service to sallins.

But bear in mind we might be able to arrange lifts/get you collected from connolly....


Re:the planar cans and schiit amps - why not! I don't mind acting as the responsible adult to receive /mind/send them back...




Fran

 

Yea, arranging lifts would be great! Cheers

 

Either weekend in September works for me as my holiday will be early September.

 

I look forward to trying a Hifiman! Oh yeaaaaaaaa!

post #73 of 216
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry123456 View Post

 

Yea, arranging lifts would be great! Cheers

 

Either weekend in September works for me as my holiday will be early September.

 

I look forward to trying a Hifiman! Oh yeaaaaaaaa!

Same here i cant wait. We just need to get numbers. 

post #74 of 216

Sign me up.

I have the Shure SRH940 closed back headphones and the Fiio e17, if anybody would like to test them.

Might suit someone looking for a public transport friendly set up.
 

post #75 of 216
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi1000 View Post

Sign me up.

I have the Shure SRH940 closed back headphones and the Fiio e17, if anybody would like to test them.

Might suit someone looking for a public transport friendly set up.
 

Good man the Chi! hows your balls?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: