I like how it is small but its form will not stack nicely against any current DAP beside the ipod nano 7G.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCreative Labs E-MU 8740A 0204 USB 2.0 Audio Interface (Black)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productIbasso PB 2 Pelicantagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productRay Samuels Audio F-35 Lightningtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which DAP pairs best with Roxanne's? Last post on 5/16/14 at 5:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mediamonkey for Metro looks good for Windows 8/8.1 Last post on 3/1/14 at 5:17pm in Computer Audio
- Ibasso still in business ? Last post on 2/9/14 at 4:50am in Portable Headphone Amps
- DX100 with PB2 impressions ? Last post on 1/31/14 at 9:01am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable audiophile DAP with lots of avail disk space? Last post on 1/19/14 at 7:32pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
RSA The Lightning F-35, fully balanced portable amp Review: 35 more F-35 amps at intro price . . . - Page 10
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
or (I think) Hisound Rocoo BA / Studio.
I knew price would be around this range, but it would've been more appealing (in general) to be around $475.
Here's an idea, why not make it with a lifetime warranty (except for battery) like the Predator?
I know this did influence my decision when I purchased my (now long gone) Predator.
Just a suggestion...
Think the appropriate comparator is to other RSA balanced amps. And ALO who also use the same connector.
Am out at this time but may revisit. Not because of the price or anything. But because have never tried balanced cable before. The only way to assess I think is to have a dual single and balanced output amp and engage in cable swapping (feel free to correct anyone). Really want to try balanced with my Clas -dB but demo opportunity of balanced amps is separated by an ocean
I haven't done the homework yet but the x3 looks like a great deal compared to the other expensive ipod replacements and seems generally shaped like the f35.
Anyone explore this yet?
jamato8, how about when comparing against 901 balance amp card or DX50? My wallet hates me........
Thanks and sorry for too many questions....
Man that rug really ties the system together.
kudos to both the mini-rug and Attila's homage to the dude.
I'm glad I came here today.
about X3+F-35, wouldn't it be loud for most iems? as X3's LO is about 1.7v and the low gain already at 3 (values coming from my aging memory so correct me if I'm wrong).
I don't like using the first 1/4 of a volume knob for usual balance issues in that zone. not a critic against RSA, just the usual misbehavior of knobs.
I realize the F-35 was really made as a portable powerhouse for something like an ortho, but I imagine people planning on using it for both low sensi cans and high sensi IEMs. the X3 might be a great idea for the first part, but not so great for the second one.
suspicions only, I didn't try the F-35.
Waiting on an adapter from forza audioworks to use my LCD-2s with the amp. I'm really curious on how well it will drive them, but with the 16s, I'm loving the ak120-lightning combo.
Edited by onlychild - 9/28/13 at 5:11pm
- RSA The Lightning F-35, fully balanced portable amp Review: 35 more F-35 amps at intro price . . .
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 12 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality 12 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 14 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 15 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)