I like how it is small but its form will not stack nicely against any current DAP beside the ipod nano 7G.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCreative Labs E-MU 8740A 0204 USB 2.0 Audio Interface (Black)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productIbasso PB 2 Pelicantagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productRay Samuels Audio F-35 Lightningtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which DAP pairs best with Roxanne's? Last post on 7/10/15 at 1:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mediamonkey for Metro looks good for Windows 8/8.1 Last post on 3/1/14 at 5:17pm in Computer Audio
- Ibasso still in business ? Last post on 2/9/14 at 4:50am in Portable Headphone Amps
- DX100 with PB2 impressions ? Last post on 1/31/14 at 9:01am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable audiophile DAP with lots of avail disk space? Last post on 1/19/14 at 7:32pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
Not too long ago, I was a lowly noob looking for my first headphones. I waded through the murky waters of terminology I couldn’t understand and brands I’d never heard of before. Over time, some...
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
RSA The Lightning F-35, fully balanced portable amp Review: 35 more F-35 amps at intro price . . . - Page 10
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
or (I think) Hisound Rocoo BA / Studio.
I knew price would be around this range, but it would've been more appealing (in general) to be around $475.
Here's an idea, why not make it with a lifetime warranty (except for battery) like the Predator?
I know this did influence my decision when I purchased my (now long gone) Predator.
Just a suggestion...
Think the appropriate comparator is to other RSA balanced amps. And ALO who also use the same connector.
Am out at this time but may revisit. Not because of the price or anything. But because have never tried balanced cable before. The only way to assess I think is to have a dual single and balanced output amp and engage in cable swapping (feel free to correct anyone). Really want to try balanced with my Clas -dB but demo opportunity of balanced amps is separated by an ocean
I haven't done the homework yet but the x3 looks like a great deal compared to the other expensive ipod replacements and seems generally shaped like the f35.
Anyone explore this yet?
jamato8, how about when comparing against 901 balance amp card or DX50? My wallet hates me........
Thanks and sorry for too many questions....
Man that rug really ties the system together.
kudos to both the mini-rug and Attila's homage to the dude.
I'm glad I came here today.
about X3+F-35, wouldn't it be loud for most iems? as X3's LO is about 1.7v and the low gain already at 3 (values coming from my aging memory so correct me if I'm wrong).
I don't like using the first 1/4 of a volume knob for usual balance issues in that zone. not a critic against RSA, just the usual misbehavior of knobs.
I realize the F-35 was really made as a portable powerhouse for something like an ortho, but I imagine people planning on using it for both low sensi cans and high sensi IEMs. the X3 might be a great idea for the first part, but not so great for the second one.
suspicions only, I didn't try the F-35.
Waiting on an adapter from forza audioworks to use my LCD-2s with the amp. I'm really curious on how well it will drive them, but with the 16s, I'm loving the ak120-lightning combo.
Edited by onlychild - 9/28/13 at 5:11pm
- RSA The Lightning F-35, fully balanced portable amp Review: 35 more F-35 amps at intro price . . .
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Xiaomi Piston 3 Review by mark2410 39 seconds ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 4 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Modi + Monoprice RCA 8 minutes ago
- › Custom IEM Review: Hidition NT-6 Pro – Clear & Precise Fun 9 minutes ago
- › New Sony EX450 and EX650. 9 minutes ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 9 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 9 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3