I like how it is small but its form will not stack nicely against any current DAP beside the ipod nano 7G.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCreative Labs E-MU 8740A 0204 USB 2.0 Audio Interface (Black)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productIbasso PB 2 Pelicantagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productRay Samuels Audio F-35 Lightningtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which DAP pairs best with Roxanne's? Last post on 5/12/15 at 11:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mediamonkey for Metro looks good for Windows 8/8.1 Last post on 3/1/14 at 5:17pm in Computer Audio
- Ibasso still in business ? Last post on 2/9/14 at 4:50am in Portable Headphone Amps
- DX100 with PB2 impressions ? Last post on 1/31/14 at 9:01am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable audiophile DAP with lots of avail disk space? Last post on 1/19/14 at 7:32pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
PreIntroduction: I am in no way affiliated or work for Aune. For this review, the Aune B1 has been provided to me as a review sample by Aune, as one of the 10 review samples sent out to...
Note: Review was done with a sample provided by DUNU-Topsound. For a more complete picture, please visit the dedicated thread for the DUNU DN-2000J (here). The DN-2000J is a classically...
Review: MDR1-A is the Head of Its’ Class Intro There exists a number of different schools of headphones with many different classes. In elementary school we had Apples Earpods as required...
This is one my favourite headphones. They have fantastic build quality, are inexpensive, require little voltage to be driven properly, are small and discreet, and sounds better than some pricier...
Introduction Final Audio Design (FAD in this review), based in Tokyo, Japan, makes some of the most exotic earphones and headphones available in the last few years. The company's...
RSA The Lightning F-35, fully balanced portable amp Review: 35 more F-35 amps at intro price . . . - Page 10
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
or (I think) Hisound Rocoo BA / Studio.
I knew price would be around this range, but it would've been more appealing (in general) to be around $475.
Here's an idea, why not make it with a lifetime warranty (except for battery) like the Predator?
I know this did influence my decision when I purchased my (now long gone) Predator.
Just a suggestion...
Think the appropriate comparator is to other RSA balanced amps. And ALO who also use the same connector.
Am out at this time but may revisit. Not because of the price or anything. But because have never tried balanced cable before. The only way to assess I think is to have a dual single and balanced output amp and engage in cable swapping (feel free to correct anyone). Really want to try balanced with my Clas -dB but demo opportunity of balanced amps is separated by an ocean
I haven't done the homework yet but the x3 looks like a great deal compared to the other expensive ipod replacements and seems generally shaped like the f35.
Anyone explore this yet?
jamato8, how about when comparing against 901 balance amp card or DX50? My wallet hates me........
Thanks and sorry for too many questions....
Man that rug really ties the system together.
kudos to both the mini-rug and Attila's homage to the dude.
I'm glad I came here today.
about X3+F-35, wouldn't it be loud for most iems? as X3's LO is about 1.7v and the low gain already at 3 (values coming from my aging memory so correct me if I'm wrong).
I don't like using the first 1/4 of a volume knob for usual balance issues in that zone. not a critic against RSA, just the usual misbehavior of knobs.
I realize the F-35 was really made as a portable powerhouse for something like an ortho, but I imagine people planning on using it for both low sensi cans and high sensi IEMs. the X3 might be a great idea for the first part, but not so great for the second one.
suspicions only, I didn't try the F-35.
Waiting on an adapter from forza audioworks to use my LCD-2s with the amp. I'm really curious on how well it will drive them, but with the 16s, I'm loving the ak120-lightning combo.
Edited by onlychild - 9/28/13 at 5:11pm
- RSA The Lightning F-35, fully balanced portable amp Review: 35 more F-35 amps at intro price . . .
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 2 minutes ago
- › Asus Xonar DG[x] question. 2 minutes ago
- › Clear Tune Monitors CT-6E Elite Flagship Thread 3 minutes ago
- › [AUD] WTB: WA6-SE in Black 3 minutes ago
- › WAV Sounds The Best (To Me) 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 6 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by GrindedDown
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by ElMarcado
- › Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI Headphones by ItsMeHere
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by Peter West
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Luckbad
- › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Black by 69Beyer
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by The Plaidypus
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2