I like how it is small but its form will not stack nicely against any current DAP beside the ipod nano 7G.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCreative Labs E-MU 8740A 0204 USB 2.0 Audio Interface (Black)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productIbasso PB 2 Pelicantagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productRay Samuels Audio F-35 Lightningtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which DAP pairs best with Roxanne's? Last post on 5/16/14 at 5:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mediamonkey for Metro looks good for Windows 8/8.1 Last post on 3/1/14 at 5:17pm in Computer Audio
- Ibasso still in business ? Last post on 2/9/14 at 4:50am in Portable Headphone Amps
- DX100 with PB2 impressions ? Last post on 1/31/14 at 9:01am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable audiophile DAP with lots of avail disk space? Last post on 1/19/14 at 7:32pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
RSA The Lightning F-35, fully balanced portable amp Review: 35 more F-35 amps at intro price . . . - Page 10
Gear mentioned in this thread:
or (I think) Hisound Rocoo BA / Studio.
I knew price would be around this range, but it would've been more appealing (in general) to be around $475.
Here's an idea, why not make it with a lifetime warranty (except for battery) like the Predator?
I know this did influence my decision when I purchased my (now long gone) Predator.
Just a suggestion...
Think the appropriate comparator is to other RSA balanced amps. And ALO who also use the same connector.
Am out at this time but may revisit. Not because of the price or anything. But because have never tried balanced cable before. The only way to assess I think is to have a dual single and balanced output amp and engage in cable swapping (feel free to correct anyone). Really want to try balanced with my Clas -dB but demo opportunity of balanced amps is separated by an ocean
I haven't done the homework yet but the x3 looks like a great deal compared to the other expensive ipod replacements and seems generally shaped like the f35.
Anyone explore this yet?
It works well with the X3. You get the benefit of a well done Wolfson dac and a big jump in amp performance. Excellent sound combination and beautifully small!
jamato8, how about when comparing against 901 balance amp card or DX50? My wallet hates me........
Thanks and sorry for too many questions....
Man that rug really ties the system together.
kudos to both the mini-rug and Attila's homage to the dude.
I'm glad I came here today.
about X3+F-35, wouldn't it be loud for most iems? as X3's LO is about 1.7v and the low gain already at 3 (values coming from my aging memory so correct me if I'm wrong).
I don't like using the first 1/4 of a volume knob for usual balance issues in that zone. not a critic against RSA, just the usual misbehavior of knobs.
I realize the F-35 was really made as a portable powerhouse for something like an ortho, but I imagine people planning on using it for both low sensi cans and high sensi IEMs. the X3 might be a great idea for the first part, but not so great for the second one.
suspicions only, I didn't try the F-35.
Waiting on an adapter from forza audioworks to use my LCD-2s with the amp. I'm really curious on how well it will drive them, but with the 16s, I'm loving the ak120-lightning combo.
Edited by onlychild - 9/28/13 at 5:11pm
- RSA The Lightning F-35, fully balanced portable amp Review: 35 more F-35 amps at intro price . . .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 22 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 24 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 44 seconds ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier 49 seconds ago
- › The 3D Printer Thread! :D 1 minute ago
- › Schiit MJOLNIR 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 1 minute ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › Forza AudioWorks - The Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)