I like how it is small but its form will not stack nicely against any current DAP beside the ipod nano 7G.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCreative Labs E-MU 8740A 0204 USB 2.0 Audio Interface (Black)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productIbasso PB 2 Pelicantagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productRay Samuels Audio F-35 Lightningtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market Last post on Today at 10:58 pm in Portable Source Gear
- after informed advice regarding amp options Last post on 9/22/13 at 4:00pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphone amp recommendation for Sennheiser Momentum Last post on 11/21/13 at 2:51pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso DX100 or Colorfly C4 or iRiver AK100 Last post on 10/21/13 at 1:44am in Portable Source Gear
- Best Amp (under $500) for westone 4R? Last post on 1/8/13 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > HPH-200. If you are looking for a ~$100 on ear open can that...
First of all, I gave these a 3 star mostly for their price. At about 9 bucks they are about the cheapest headphones around. I mean, who is going to pass up a deal like that. They are dirt cheap and...
Q-audio French Silk Aftermarket Cable for MrSpeakers Alpha Dog INTRODUCTION I have spent a little over two months with the Alpha Dogs and its stock cable. About one month into the journey...
RSA The Lightning F-35, fully balanced portable amp Review: 35 more F-35 amps at intro price . . . - Page 10
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #137 of 1698/13/13 at 3:55amQuote:
or (I think) Hisound Rocoo BA / Studio.
I knew price would be around this range, but it would've been more appealing (in general) to be around $475.
Here's an idea, why not make it with a lifetime warranty (except for battery) like the Predator?
I know this did influence my decision when I purchased my (now long gone) Predator.
Just a suggestion...post #138 of 1698/13/13 at 7:36ampost #139 of 1698/19/13 at 12:33amThread Starterpost #140 of 1699/19/13 at 1:47pmQuote:
Think the appropriate comparator is to other RSA balanced amps. And ALO who also use the same connector.
Am out at this time but may revisit. Not because of the price or anything. But because have never tried balanced cable before. The only way to assess I think is to have a dual single and balanced output amp and engage in cable swapping (feel free to correct anyone). Really want to try balanced with my Clas -dB but demo opportunity of balanced amps is separated by an oceanpost #141 of 1699/19/13 at 7:26pmI was wondering how this might pair with the fiio x3.
I haven't done the homework yet but the x3 looks like a great deal compared to the other expensive ipod replacements and seems generally shaped like the f35.
Anyone explore this yet?post #142 of 1699/25/13 at 11:34pmThread Starter
It works well with the X3. You get the benefit of a well done Wolfson dac and a big jump in amp performance. Excellent sound combination and beautifully small!post #143 of 1699/26/13 at 1:33amQuote:
jamato8, how about when comparing against 901 balance amp card or DX50? My wallet hates me........
Thanks and sorry for too many questions....post #144 of 1699/26/13 at 5:08ampost #145 of 1699/27/13 at 4:15pmpost #146 of 1699/27/13 at 4:17pmQuote:
Man that rug really ties the system together.
-J. Lebowskipost #147 of 1699/27/13 at 7:17pmpost #148 of 1699/28/13 at 4:10pm
kudos to both the mini-rug and Attila's homage to the dude.
I'm glad I came here today.
about X3+F-35, wouldn't it be loud for most iems? as X3's LO is about 1.7v and the low gain already at 3 (values coming from my aging memory so correct me if I'm wrong).
I don't like using the first 1/4 of a volume knob for usual balance issues in that zone. not a critic against RSA, just the usual misbehavior of knobs.
I realize the F-35 was really made as a portable powerhouse for something like an ortho, but I imagine people planning on using it for both low sensi cans and high sensi IEMs. the X3 might be a great idea for the first part, but not so great for the second one.
suspicions only, I didn't try the F-35.post #149 of 1699/28/13 at 4:25pmpost #150 of 1699/28/13 at 5:04pmI'm currently using the f-35 with my JH16 and only get a quarter travel on the volume knob before it's too loud for my ears but it's so good I can dial it in to any volume level I'm looking for just on the 1st quarter turn. Also, the amp is dead silent with the jh16s.
Waiting on an adapter from forza audioworks to use my LCD-2s with the amp. I'm really curious on how well it will drive them, but with the 16s, I'm loving the ak120-lightning combo.
Edited by onlychild - 9/28/13 at 5:11pm
- RSA The Lightning F-35, fully balanced portable amp Review: 35 more F-35 amps at intro price . . .
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More 11 seconds ago
- › Tablets with USB-Audio that can handle large Hard-drives? 45 seconds ago
- › SPL PHONITOR 2 NEW HEADPHONE AMP 48 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › EarSonics S-EM6 Six driver universal IEM 1 minute ago
- › Help Amping My HD650 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › [Rec] A very different approach of closed-back headphone 4 minutes ago
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi