So the hfi 780 is not good for long term listening, the hp100 are very good but the dt 770 is very good and comfortable for movies but does not fold. Tough descisions. I think I may have to go with the soundmagic hp 100 or hfi 780 but possibly the DT 770. The audio technica m50 is not good for watching movies then? Another question with the dt 770 how well do they do with an amp at higher volumes. The problem with my COP even before they got damaged they didnt not fare well at higher volumes while being amped when listening to music. I also need a headphone that can perform well an amp at higher volumes and still keep the sound controlled. Does the DT 770 have this same problem or not? thanks for all the advice everyone, I appreciate it.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by cristina, 8/29/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by cristina, 8/29/13
- productSoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphonetagged by cristina, 8/29/13
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by cristina, 8/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- UGH...Back to square one. Recently Bought m50s and Grados Last post on 12/19/12 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica M50's or Ultrasone HFI 780? or any other suggestions Last post on 12/10/12 at 11:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Entry level Headphone Last post on 7/14/12 at 10:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SoundMAGIC HP100/HP150 Review and Impressions Thread Last post on 6/16/15 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini Guide for Buying a Headphone Last post on 1/19/12 at 7:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
I do not own this unit – I had this unit from @fnkcow With Impedance of 320ohm this earbuds need a good amp to show its worth. I use my phone during my first listen to the zen and it sounds...
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
Great Movie Watching Headphones and Replacement Headphones for the Beyerdynamic COP - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Another question with the dt 770 how well do they do with an amp at higher volumes. The problem with my COP even before they got damaged they didnt not fare well at higher volumes while being amped when listening to music. I also need a headphone that can perform well an amp at higher volumes and still keep the sound controlled. Does the DT 770 have this same problem or not? thanks for all the advice everyone, I appreciate it.
The section on bass suggests that the DT 770 holds its own a little better at higher volumes than the COP.
I will try dt770 then.
You guys should try ad700, fantastic with movies, sound is very open, sparkling treble, comfortable and warm vocal. Quite a nice combi for movie.
I am wondering if Koss esp950 or Staxes Lambda are also nice for movies.
Edited by RedBull - 5/31/13 at 9:30am
Recently I have been enjoying watching movie so much with Sony SA3000.
Vocal is so crystal clear, sound also very open, treble very extended and delicate.
For movie, I a like SA3000 a bit more than HD800 due to crispness and more realistic treble let say, for explosion.
Bass also very detail and hit very hard and rise very fast!!.
Unfortunately my SA3000 is in hospital now. One day it plays perfectly, the next day, the cable connection that attached to the cup is behaving. I called Sony care, they said that no ETA yet for the cable to arrive. I am so sad.
Edited by RedBull - 5/31/13 at 9:32am
That's probably true for most people. For me the HFI-780's are very comfortable but this is from someone who also has no problems wearing the concrete tank that is the Koss Pro 4AA :D
As mentioned already the Audio Technica ATH AD700 is also another great headphone for movies but I find the HFI-780's do a very similar job while being closed. Of course the AD700 kicks tail when it comes to comfort.
Pretty much only for movies and etc. I designate my headphones for specific purposes. I blame Head-Fi.
Actually, I would disagree with that the HP100 are good for movies. I have them and although I genuinely disliked them at the beginning, I slowly begin to warm up to them for certain kind of music, particularly classical and nuanced female vocals. They are quite neutral, with decent separation and stage, but the bass lacks the depth and emphasis a good movie watching headphone requires, at east in my opinion.
Try to stick to the DT770 option as they are well known for good bass while preserving decent mids. My pair of 80 Ohm is arriving in a few days and I will be able to have a more accurate assessment of what they are like for that kind of usage.
Some here seem to be missing observing that as there are different kinds of music - each requiring different equipment to be experienced at their best - there are also DIFFERENT kinds of films - from the eerie asian art films, through the dark and contained scandinavian dramas, to the naive exuberance of the Hollywood block-buster.
So, with films just as with music, it all comes down to your preferences and style. If you like films with subdued dialogues, refined background music and an overall understated sound, then the HP100 or the AD700 might be just spot on for you, with their detailed, open, neutral sound.
On the other hand, if you watch action, thrillers, horror, martial art films and the like you certainly require a pair of cans that can do justice to their bass heavy, "explosive" sound-track.
- Great Movie Watching Headphones and Replacement Headphones for the Beyerdynamic COP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Objectivists board room 53 seconds ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Portable Amp/DAC 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 5 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs Element 5 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 5 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 6 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)