So the hfi 780 is not good for long term listening, the hp100 are very good but the dt 770 is very good and comfortable for movies but does not fold. Tough descisions. I think I may have to go with the soundmagic hp 100 or hfi 780 but possibly the DT 770. The audio technica m50 is not good for watching movies then? Another question with the dt 770 how well do they do with an amp at higher volumes. The problem with my COP even before they got damaged they didnt not fare well at higher volumes while being amped when listening to music. I also need a headphone that can perform well an amp at higher volumes and still keep the sound controlled. Does the DT 770 have this same problem or not? thanks for all the advice everyone, I appreciate it.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by cristina, 8/29/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by cristina, 8/29/13
- productSoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphones (Black)tagged by cristina, 8/29/13
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by cristina, 8/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- UGH...Back to square one. Recently Bought m50s and Grados Last post on 12/19/12 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica M50's or Ultrasone HFI 780? or any other suggestions Last post on 12/10/12 at 11:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Entry level Headphone Last post on 7/14/12 at 10:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SoundMAGIC HP100 Review Last post on 4/11/14 at 12:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini Guide for Buying a Headphone Last post on 1/19/12 at 7:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Great Movie Watching Headphones and Replacement Headphones for the Beyerdynamic COP - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Another question with the dt 770 how well do they do with an amp at higher volumes. The problem with my COP even before they got damaged they didnt not fare well at higher volumes while being amped when listening to music. I also need a headphone that can perform well an amp at higher volumes and still keep the sound controlled. Does the DT 770 have this same problem or not? thanks for all the advice everyone, I appreciate it.
The section on bass suggests that the DT 770 holds its own a little better at higher volumes than the COP.
I will try dt770 then.
You guys should try ad700, fantastic with movies, sound is very open, sparkling treble, comfortable and warm vocal. Quite a nice combi for movie.
I am wondering if Koss esp950 or Staxes Lambda are also nice for movies.
Edited by RedBull - 5/31/13 at 9:30am
Recently I have been enjoying watching movie so much with Sony SA3000.
Vocal is so crystal clear, sound also very open, treble very extended and delicate.
For movie, I a like SA3000 a bit more than HD800 due to crispness and more realistic treble let say, for explosion.
Bass also very detail and hit very hard and rise very fast!!.
Unfortunately my SA3000 is in hospital now. One day it plays perfectly, the next day, the cable connection that attached to the cup is behaving. I called Sony care, they said that no ETA yet for the cable to arrive. I am so sad.
Edited by RedBull - 5/31/13 at 9:32am
That's probably true for most people. For me the HFI-780's are very comfortable but this is from someone who also has no problems wearing the concrete tank that is the Koss Pro 4AA :D
As mentioned already the Audio Technica ATH AD700 is also another great headphone for movies but I find the HFI-780's do a very similar job while being closed. Of course the AD700 kicks tail when it comes to comfort.
Pretty much only for movies and etc. I designate my headphones for specific purposes. I blame Head-Fi.
Actually, I would disagree with that the HP100 are good for movies. I have them and although I genuinely disliked them at the beginning, I slowly begin to warm up to them for certain kind of music, particularly classical and nuanced female vocals. They are quite neutral, with decent separation and stage, but the bass lacks the depth and emphasis a good movie watching headphone requires, at east in my opinion.
Try to stick to the DT770 option as they are well known for good bass while preserving decent mids. My pair of 80 Ohm is arriving in a few days and I will be able to have a more accurate assessment of what they are like for that kind of usage.
Some here seem to be missing observing that as there are different kinds of music - each requiring different equipment to be experienced at their best - there are also DIFFERENT kinds of films - from the eerie asian art films, through the dark and contained scandinavian dramas, to the naive exuberance of the Hollywood block-buster.
So, with films just as with music, it all comes down to your preferences and style. If you like films with subdued dialogues, refined background music and an overall understated sound, then the HP100 or the AD700 might be just spot on for you, with their detailed, open, neutral sound.
On the other hand, if you watch action, thrillers, horror, martial art films and the like you certainly require a pair of cans that can do justice to their bass heavy, "explosive" sound-track.
- Great Movie Watching Headphones and Replacement Headphones for the Beyerdynamic COP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 3 seconds ago
- › Newbie with lots of questions! 29 seconds ago
- › I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impression and... 1 minute ago
- › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D 1 minute ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Forza AudioWorks - The Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Can any electrical /physics folks explain this? 5 minutes ago
- › FIIO E18 - Charge Out not Working 5 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude