So the hfi 780 is not good for long term listening, the hp100 are very good but the dt 770 is very good and comfortable for movies but does not fold. Tough descisions. I think I may have to go with the soundmagic hp 100 or hfi 780 but possibly the DT 770. The audio technica m50 is not good for watching movies then? Another question with the dt 770 how well do they do with an amp at higher volumes. The problem with my COP even before they got damaged they didnt not fare well at higher volumes while being amped when listening to music. I also need a headphone that can perform well an amp at higher volumes and still keep the sound controlled. Does the DT 770 have this same problem or not? thanks for all the advice everyone, I appreciate it.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by cristina, 8/29/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by cristina, 8/29/13
- productSoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphonetagged by cristina, 8/29/13
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by cristina, 8/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- UGH...Back to square one. Recently Bought m50s and Grados Last post on 12/19/12 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica M50's or Ultrasone HFI 780? or any other suggestions Last post on 12/10/12 at 11:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Entry level Headphone Last post on 7/14/12 at 10:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SoundMAGIC HP100/HP150 Review and Impressions Thread Last post on 9/27/15 at 6:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini Guide for Buying a Headphone Last post on 1/19/12 at 7:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Many thanks to Venture Electronics for the VE Monk review sample! Product website: http://eng.52ve.cn/product.php?cm_id=205 I haven't been using earbud for quite a long time since my...
INTRODUCTION: The Havit H91DJ is a budget over-ear headphone with a warm signature. Sound quality is very impressive considering the low cost. The value of these headphones is quite high,...
Intro: SoundFoundations, is a company which manufactures accessories like racks, stands, and vibration control & custom cables. It is based in India. SoundFoundations is known in India for...
Introduction I would like to start this review off by saying thank you to the folks at Pro-Ject Audio systems for lending me a pair of their brand new Hear-it-One headphones....
Preamble: Before I start with my review, I’d like to thank Vivian from DUNU-Topsound for providing me with a sample of the DN-2000J for my evaluation. My review reflects my actual honest opinion...
Great Movie Watching Headphones and Replacement Headphones for the Beyerdynamic COP - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Another question with the dt 770 how well do they do with an amp at higher volumes. The problem with my COP even before they got damaged they didnt not fare well at higher volumes while being amped when listening to music. I also need a headphone that can perform well an amp at higher volumes and still keep the sound controlled. Does the DT 770 have this same problem or not? thanks for all the advice everyone, I appreciate it.
The section on bass suggests that the DT 770 holds its own a little better at higher volumes than the COP.
I will try dt770 then.
You guys should try ad700, fantastic with movies, sound is very open, sparkling treble, comfortable and warm vocal. Quite a nice combi for movie.
I am wondering if Koss esp950 or Staxes Lambda are also nice for movies.
Edited by RedBull - 5/31/13 at 9:30am
Recently I have been enjoying watching movie so much with Sony SA3000.
Vocal is so crystal clear, sound also very open, treble very extended and delicate.
For movie, I a like SA3000 a bit more than HD800 due to crispness and more realistic treble let say, for explosion.
Bass also very detail and hit very hard and rise very fast!!.
Unfortunately my SA3000 is in hospital now. One day it plays perfectly, the next day, the cable connection that attached to the cup is behaving. I called Sony care, they said that no ETA yet for the cable to arrive. I am so sad.
Edited by RedBull - 5/31/13 at 9:32am
That's probably true for most people. For me the HFI-780's are very comfortable but this is from someone who also has no problems wearing the concrete tank that is the Koss Pro 4AA :D
As mentioned already the Audio Technica ATH AD700 is also another great headphone for movies but I find the HFI-780's do a very similar job while being closed. Of course the AD700 kicks tail when it comes to comfort.
Pretty much only for movies and etc. I designate my headphones for specific purposes. I blame Head-Fi.
Actually, I would disagree with that the HP100 are good for movies. I have them and although I genuinely disliked them at the beginning, I slowly begin to warm up to them for certain kind of music, particularly classical and nuanced female vocals. They are quite neutral, with decent separation and stage, but the bass lacks the depth and emphasis a good movie watching headphone requires, at east in my opinion.
Try to stick to the DT770 option as they are well known for good bass while preserving decent mids. My pair of 80 Ohm is arriving in a few days and I will be able to have a more accurate assessment of what they are like for that kind of usage.
Some here seem to be missing observing that as there are different kinds of music - each requiring different equipment to be experienced at their best - there are also DIFFERENT kinds of films - from the eerie asian art films, through the dark and contained scandinavian dramas, to the naive exuberance of the Hollywood block-buster.
So, with films just as with music, it all comes down to your preferences and style. If you like films with subdued dialogues, refined background music and an overall understated sound, then the HP100 or the AD700 might be just spot on for you, with their detailed, open, neutral sound.
On the other hand, if you watch action, thrillers, horror, martial art films and the like you certainly require a pair of cans that can do justice to their bass heavy, "explosive" sound-track.
- Great Movie Watching Headphones and Replacement Headphones for the Beyerdynamic COP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 13 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 1 minute ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 4 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 4 minutes ago
- › Sony Xperia Z5 Range - Audio Quality 5 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Supreme Sound (Burson) Audio Lycan Headamp 8 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 8 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › DUNU DN-2000J by HiFiChris
- › MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation by HiFiChris
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by hakushondaimao
- › Creative T4W 2.1 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System by BloodyPenguin
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2