I am in the market looking for headphones that are good for watching movies from my laptop off a fiio e11 amp. My Beyerdynamic COP got water damaged and do not work as well, so I am looking for headphones that produce more detail than the Beyerdynamic COP and also are able to fold up. I was looking at the audio technical m50 and ultrasone hfi 780 headphones. For the movie watching headphones, I do not have an idea, so I would like to get some advice on that.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by cristina, 8/29/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by cristina, 8/29/13
- productSoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphones (Black)tagged by cristina, 8/29/13
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by cristina, 8/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- UGH...Back to square one. Recently Bought m50s and Grados Last post on 12/19/12 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica M50's or Ultrasone HFI 780? or any other suggestions Last post on 12/10/12 at 11:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Entry level Headphone Last post on 7/14/12 at 10:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SoundMAGIC HP100/HP150 Review and Impressions Thread Last post on Yesterday at 1:57 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini Guide for Buying a Headphone Last post on 1/19/12 at 7:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
After being a creative fanboy for ever since,decided to try the asus STX II after reading some good reviews about the first one,from users over the net. compared to my previous creative ZXR which...
Disclosure: This review is based off a review unit of the retail version of the S5, provided by Brainwavz. This is my first in-depth encounter with a Brainwavz product, having only demoed previous...
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
I don't constantly own a huge headphone inventory, in the past I had the Sennheiser Amperior + HD25, ATH-M50X, and currently have the V-MODA M100. Compared to those headphones the K267 is superior...
Great Movie Watching Headphones and Replacement Headphones for the Beyerdynamic COP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The SoundMAGIC HP100s are very clean and detailed and fold up into a nice package (they come with a carrying case). I haven't heard the COPs, but I think the HP100s sound fantastic. I've owned both the M50s and the 780s, and I don't think either of them are comfortable for long-term listening, and I don't think their sound is particularly well balanced, either.
hmmm I was looking into the m50 and 780 at one time, but I ended up getting the COP in the end. Are you saying that the soundmagic hp100 are good for watching movies? I would be very interested if that were true.
Personally, I think the Beyerdynamic DT770's are one of the best movie headphones out there, so I think you were on the right track with the Beyers you had. They don't fold up, but they're durable enough that you can just toss them in your backpack.
I have heard the DT 770 was better than the COP but my set has been structurally damaged, and also damaged by water. They do not work as well anymore. I thought that open headphones are better for watching movies than closed headphones?
My little sister spilled water on my headphones and damaged them. Once I get to higher volumes with my fiio e11 amp, the sound gets very distorted. Are you saying that the DT770 would be the best bet then?
If folding capability is essential for you, I'd recommend the HP100s. If it's not, I think the DT 770 Pros are slightly better for long-term comfort and in terms of sound signature (for watching movies).
Edited by FlyingFungus - 5/30/13 at 7:29pm
The Ultrasone HFI-780 is fantastic for movies. The dialogue is like the actors are right there in the room talking to you. Watching an episode of LOST today I could hear what was going on in the background and having a good chance of predicting what they were doing such as collecting wood or preparing food. They also have good isolation from any outside distraction which helps to enjoy movies more.
Some times I have to look at my stereo receiver to see if I left the speakers on by accident that's how great the HFI-780 is. It really covers all the bases splendidly making my bookshelf speakers look as if they're only doing half their job.
I agree with this. I didn't find the the 780s very comfortable at all.
- Great Movie Watching Headphones and Replacement Headphones for the Beyerdynamic COP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Who will review the Tekfusion® Twinwoofers® In-Ear Headphones? 1 minute ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Final Audio Design Heaven VI 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 3 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-ESW10JPN, Denon AH-D7000 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by tomscy2000
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › AudioQuest Carbon USB Digital Audio Cable 1.5m by Maxx134
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)