I am in the market looking for headphones that are good for watching movies from my laptop off a fiio e11 amp. My Beyerdynamic COP got water damaged and do not work as well, so I am looking for headphones that produce more detail than the Beyerdynamic COP and also are able to fold up. I was looking at the audio technical m50 and ultrasone hfi 780 headphones. For the movie watching headphones, I do not have an idea, so I would like to get some advice on that.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by cristina, 8/29/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by cristina, 8/29/13
- productSoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphones (Black)tagged by cristina, 8/29/13
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by cristina, 8/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- UGH...Back to square one. Recently Bought m50s and Grados Last post on 12/19/12 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica M50's or Ultrasone HFI 780? or any other suggestions Last post on 12/10/12 at 11:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Entry level Headphone Last post on 7/14/12 at 10:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SoundMAGIC HP100/HP150 Review and Impressions Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:10 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini Guide for Buying a Headphone Last post on 1/19/12 at 7:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
Great Movie Watching Headphones and Replacement Headphones for the Beyerdynamic COP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The SoundMAGIC HP100s are very clean and detailed and fold up into a nice package (they come with a carrying case). I haven't heard the COPs, but I think the HP100s sound fantastic. I've owned both the M50s and the 780s, and I don't think either of them are comfortable for long-term listening, and I don't think their sound is particularly well balanced, either.
hmmm I was looking into the m50 and 780 at one time, but I ended up getting the COP in the end. Are you saying that the soundmagic hp100 are good for watching movies? I would be very interested if that were true.
Personally, I think the Beyerdynamic DT770's are one of the best movie headphones out there, so I think you were on the right track with the Beyers you had. They don't fold up, but they're durable enough that you can just toss them in your backpack.
I have heard the DT 770 was better than the COP but my set has been structurally damaged, and also damaged by water. They do not work as well anymore. I thought that open headphones are better for watching movies than closed headphones?
My little sister spilled water on my headphones and damaged them. Once I get to higher volumes with my fiio e11 amp, the sound gets very distorted. Are you saying that the DT770 would be the best bet then?
If folding capability is essential for you, I'd recommend the HP100s. If it's not, I think the DT 770 Pros are slightly better for long-term comfort and in terms of sound signature (for watching movies).
Edited by FlyingFungus - 5/30/13 at 7:29pm
The Ultrasone HFI-780 is fantastic for movies. The dialogue is like the actors are right there in the room talking to you. Watching an episode of LOST today I could hear what was going on in the background and having a good chance of predicting what they were doing such as collecting wood or preparing food. They also have good isolation from any outside distraction which helps to enjoy movies more.
Some times I have to look at my stereo receiver to see if I left the speakers on by accident that's how great the HFI-780 is. It really covers all the bases splendidly making my bookshelf speakers look as if they're only doing half their job.
I agree with this. I didn't find the the 780s very comfortable at all.
- Great Movie Watching Headphones and Replacement Headphones for the Beyerdynamic COP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Axent Wear Cat Ear Headphones 59 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for something punchy, on the ear, below $250 - LIke... 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › (Service Offer) Stax SR007mk1 BRAND NEW 5 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)