I am in the market looking for headphones that are good for watching movies from my laptop off a fiio e11 amp. My Beyerdynamic COP got water damaged and do not work as well, so I am looking for headphones that produce more detail than the Beyerdynamic COP and also are able to fold up. I was looking at the audio technical m50 and ultrasone hfi 780 headphones. For the movie watching headphones, I do not have an idea, so I would like to get some advice on that.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by cristina, 8/29/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by cristina, 8/29/13
- productSoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphones (Black)tagged by cristina, 8/29/13
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by cristina, 8/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- UGH...Back to square one. Recently Bought m50s and Grados Last post on 12/19/12 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica M50's or Ultrasone HFI 780? or any other suggestions Last post on 12/10/12 at 11:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Entry level Headphone Last post on 7/14/12 at 10:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SoundMAGIC HP100 Review Last post on Today at 4:39 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini Guide for Buying a Headphone Last post on 1/19/12 at 7:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
I have owned the ECP Audio L-2 for about 2 months now. I also own an Eddie Current Super 7 with NOS tubes, including Tung Sol BGRP driver tube. I have previously owned the Woo WA22, the Luxman...
I'm a noob to high quality audio equipment. I have been using V-Moda M-80's. I bought these because they were onsale for $272, and it would be stupid not to buy them at that price. I just opened...
Review on the FiiO RC-MH1 PCOCC-A Upgrade Headphone Cable Greetings, I am here to present to you guys with a review on the FiiO PCOCC-A 3.5mm to 3.5mm headphone cable that FiiO had sent out to a...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Great Movie Watching Headphones and Replacement Headphones for the Beyerdynamic COP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The SoundMAGIC HP100s are very clean and detailed and fold up into a nice package (they come with a carrying case). I haven't heard the COPs, but I think the HP100s sound fantastic. I've owned both the M50s and the 780s, and I don't think either of them are comfortable for long-term listening, and I don't think their sound is particularly well balanced, either.
hmmm I was looking into the m50 and 780 at one time, but I ended up getting the COP in the end. Are you saying that the soundmagic hp100 are good for watching movies? I would be very interested if that were true.
Personally, I think the Beyerdynamic DT770's are one of the best movie headphones out there, so I think you were on the right track with the Beyers you had. They don't fold up, but they're durable enough that you can just toss them in your backpack.
I have heard the DT 770 was better than the COP but my set has been structurally damaged, and also damaged by water. They do not work as well anymore. I thought that open headphones are better for watching movies than closed headphones?
My little sister spilled water on my headphones and damaged them. Once I get to higher volumes with my fiio e11 amp, the sound gets very distorted. Are you saying that the DT770 would be the best bet then?
If folding capability is essential for you, I'd recommend the HP100s. If it's not, I think the DT 770 Pros are slightly better for long-term comfort and in terms of sound signature (for watching movies).
Edited by FlyingFungus - 5/30/13 at 7:29pm
The Ultrasone HFI-780 is fantastic for movies. The dialogue is like the actors are right there in the room talking to you. Watching an episode of LOST today I could hear what was going on in the background and having a good chance of predicting what they were doing such as collecting wood or preparing food. They also have good isolation from any outside distraction which helps to enjoy movies more.
Some times I have to look at my stereo receiver to see if I left the speakers on by accident that's how great the HFI-780 is. It really covers all the bases splendidly making my bookshelf speakers look as if they're only doing half their job.
I agree with this. I didn't find the the 780s very comfortable at all.
- Great Movie Watching Headphones and Replacement Headphones for the Beyerdynamic COP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Grado Fan Club! 48 seconds ago
- › Analog Paper^2 Discussion and Appreciation Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iFi New Product Launch. iDSD - The Future of Portable Computer... 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 Bay Area Meet - SUNDAY - Feb 16th, 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Meet and drink some beer in Upper - Austria in Linz 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio E18 5 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › Shure SE535-V Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with... by Wilderbeast
- › Sony MDRXB600 Extra Bass Over the Head 40mm Driver Headphone, Black by Shini44
- › Asus XONAR DG CMI8786 Sound Card by killeraxemannic
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by joe