I am in the market looking for headphones that are good for watching movies from my laptop off a fiio e11 amp. My Beyerdynamic COP got water damaged and do not work as well, so I am looking for headphones that produce more detail than the Beyerdynamic COP and also are able to fold up. I was looking at the audio technical m50 and ultrasone hfi 780 headphones. For the movie watching headphones, I do not have an idea, so I would like to get some advice on that.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by cristina, 8/29/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by cristina, 8/29/13
- productSoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphones (Black)tagged by cristina, 8/29/13
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by cristina, 8/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- UGH...Back to square one. Recently Bought m50s and Grados Last post on 12/19/12 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica M50's or Ultrasone HFI 780? or any other suggestions Last post on 12/10/12 at 11:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Entry level Headphone Last post on 7/14/12 at 10:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SoundMAGIC HP100/HP150 Review and Impressions Thread Last post on 11/20/14 at 12:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini Guide for Buying a Headphone Last post on 1/19/12 at 7:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
AKG K3003 is an important milestone in the development of IEM. It’s THE FIRST universal fit IEM that successfully combines dynamic driver and balance armature technology together. After owning them...
Had this little player for sometime now recently purchased the X1 and comparing them both im still sold on the DX50 although I still like my X1 but I still find the sound seperation on the DX50...
Disclaimer: I received this unit for review purpose as a part of the Australasian tour. The unit is owned by Paul (Brooko). Thank you for making this happen. Summary: This is the...
Great Movie Watching Headphones and Replacement Headphones for the Beyerdynamic COP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The SoundMAGIC HP100s are very clean and detailed and fold up into a nice package (they come with a carrying case). I haven't heard the COPs, but I think the HP100s sound fantastic. I've owned both the M50s and the 780s, and I don't think either of them are comfortable for long-term listening, and I don't think their sound is particularly well balanced, either.
hmmm I was looking into the m50 and 780 at one time, but I ended up getting the COP in the end. Are you saying that the soundmagic hp100 are good for watching movies? I would be very interested if that were true.
Personally, I think the Beyerdynamic DT770's are one of the best movie headphones out there, so I think you were on the right track with the Beyers you had. They don't fold up, but they're durable enough that you can just toss them in your backpack.
I have heard the DT 770 was better than the COP but my set has been structurally damaged, and also damaged by water. They do not work as well anymore. I thought that open headphones are better for watching movies than closed headphones?
My little sister spilled water on my headphones and damaged them. Once I get to higher volumes with my fiio e11 amp, the sound gets very distorted. Are you saying that the DT770 would be the best bet then?
If folding capability is essential for you, I'd recommend the HP100s. If it's not, I think the DT 770 Pros are slightly better for long-term comfort and in terms of sound signature (for watching movies).
Edited by FlyingFungus - 5/30/13 at 7:29pm
The Ultrasone HFI-780 is fantastic for movies. The dialogue is like the actors are right there in the room talking to you. Watching an episode of LOST today I could hear what was going on in the background and having a good chance of predicting what they were doing such as collecting wood or preparing food. They also have good isolation from any outside distraction which helps to enjoy movies more.
Some times I have to look at my stereo receiver to see if I left the speakers on by accident that's how great the HFI-780 is. It really covers all the bases splendidly making my bookshelf speakers look as if they're only doing half their job.
I agree with this. I didn't find the the 780s very comfortable at all.
- Great Movie Watching Headphones and Replacement Headphones for the Beyerdynamic COP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 1 second ago
- › Comply T-400 Black / T-100. Never Used - Trade for Shure Olives or... 6 seconds ago
- › should i use a fiio e6 amp on a logitech ue 6000? 58 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 1 minute ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MrTechAgent
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)