New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

i-Mego Head/Earphones

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 

Stumbled across these will perusing eBay.

 

Silver braided cables, plenty of accessories, "custom molded" (DIY perhaps) gels, dual-dynamic drivers?

 

http://www.i-mego.com/shop/p-5-ztone-in-ear-monitor-earphones.aspx

 

Anyone have any experience or thoughts on quality, sound, etc?

post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post

Stumbled across these will perusing eBay.

 

Silver braided cables, plenty of accessories, "custom molded" (DIY perhaps) gels, dual-dynamic drivers?

 

http://www.i-mego.com/shop/p-5-ztone-in-ear-monitor-earphones.aspx

 

Anyone have any experience or thoughts on quality, sound, etc?

 

They aren't custom molded.  They are silicone tips that are generic, but full ear.  There are 4 sizes of full-sized tips and 3 sizes of regular single flanges.  You cannot mix and match unfortuantely. 

 

The sound is a bass-heavy one.

post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 

Would it be fair to assume that you own or have used the Ztones?

post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post

Would it be fair to assume that you own or have used the Ztones?

 

Yes, that would be a valid assumption.  I would not say any of those things if I hadn't.  I love the concept of the design.  But it was executed poorly.  Had trouble getting proper seal (it took me minutes just to get them to fit right).  Sound was a little too bassy for my tastes. 

post #5 of 7
Thread Starter 
Would you consider them any better than Beats or Skullcandys?
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post

Would you consider them any better than Beats or Skullcandys?

 

They aren't a bad headphone if you can get the proper fit with the full-sized tips.  I'd consider it a basshead phone.

post #7 of 7
Thread Starter 

Gotcha. Thanks for your help. Something to consider.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: