New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"X" Coordinate Pen - Page 3

post #31 of 65
but doug, he was risking his credibility for you!: "Dear synergizers, I wasn’t sure that I wanted to risk my credibility here by writing about this unexplainable but HIGHLY effective application."
post #32 of 65
Yeah, he had guts to publish stuff about multi-colored pieces of foil making discs sound better, but the wisdom factor in publishing it wasn't so great. Mind you this stuff may work, but in the high-end world of audio there is so much snake oil around that stuff like this is judged before it is ever heard. The average comsuner won't touch this stuff with a ten foot wallet, and those who do are ridiculed. I have no idea if any of this stuff works, but it just sounds so hokey to being with I would never even try it. Well, unless this company sends me a free sample also.
post #33 of 65
Quote:
Well, unless this company sends me a free sample also.
there's a link on the company's website to get a free sample!... but let's just say it works (which it does not)... what would this say about high-end audio?--next thing you know we'll be hiring witch doctors to bless our systems or to rid us of bad-audio ghosts! does this really have anything to do with music and audio at all??? you know, the company recommends using this foil to wrap anything, including batteries! now come on....
post #34 of 65
Quote:
Originally posted by Orpheus
there's a link on the company's website to get a free sample!... but let's just say it works (which it does not)... what would this say about high-end audio?--next thing you know we'll be hiring witch doctors to bless our systems or to rid us of bad-audio ghosts! does this really have anything to do with music and audio at all??? you know, the company recommends using this foil to wrap anything, including batteries! now come on....

In true DIY fashion I spent the entire day wallpapering my room with bacofoil. I covered the chairs with it, wrapped it around my CD Player, amp and headphones and treated my entire CD collection with bacofoil. Just to be sure there were no bad vibes in the room I enclosed myself in bacofoil leaving only 2 holes for my eyes, two holes for my ears and a hole for my nose so I could breathe......

To be continued once I manage to find the CD player ........
post #35 of 65
Quote:
Originally posted by PinkFloyd
Just to be sure there were no bad vibes in the room I enclosed myself in bacofoil leaving only 2 holes for my eyes, two holes for my ears and a hole for my nose so I could breathe......

To be continued once I manage to find the CD player ........
You'll likely soon discover the need for two more holes after a couple of hours.
post #36 of 65
I just sent away for a free sample ::hangs head in shame::
post #37 of 65
you know, i could send you some aluminum foil for fun too, to compare. heh he... just kidding

well, however it turns out, i'm sure it's gonna be fun and interesting for you.
post #38 of 65
Quote:
Originally posted by highflyin9
I just sent away for a free sample ::hangs head in shame::
No, it's cool. Just let us know what you hear. If it really works, say so. If they're snake oil, say so. If you want to verify what you hear, send it to someone else for a listen.
post #39 of 65
I also sent away for some free magic foil. We'll see...
post #40 of 65
Quote:
Originally posted by eric343
I also sent away for some free magic foil. We'll see...
And you will post on what you hear, right Eric? Even if it's that they are great and actually work?
post #41 of 65
Of course!

I'm a member of Team Skeptic after all -- not Team Dismiss-everything-we-don't-know-how-it-works
post #42 of 65
Did either of you guys get an estimate on when the samples will arrive? With my return on Monday I might just get a free sample myself.
post #43 of 65
I haven't gotten a reply yet.
post #44 of 65
Eric,

The article that talked about these things was like four years old, maybe the free sample offer is no longer valid. But, on the bright side maybe all this hubub being created here will make someone sit up and take notice, and send out a few samples. I'm game for trying the stuff out, but won't have any duplicate discs on hand to make it truly valid. I'd have to wait until I return to Ecaudor for that.
post #45 of 65
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
Eric,

The article that talked about these things was like four years old, maybe the free sample offer is no longer valid.
Just out of curiosity, I did email P.W.B (Peter Belt's company) and I received a reply back today from Mary Belt advising that if I provided her with my address they would send a sample of the rainbow foil. I will simply reply that a couple of friends inquired about this and I will pass this information on.

Peter
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: