or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Audiobyte Hydra: High-End USB interface
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audiobyte Hydra: High-End USB interface - Page 11

post #151 of 189
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelf View Post
 

Dan, do you have any opinion on the sound differences between the Wavedream and the MSB Analog DAC?

I have had it for just 2 days and I couldn't get my hands on an Analog Dac to make a comparison, but wavedream sounded really really good. It is my top of preferences right now.

I am waiting for another unit for further testing.

post #152 of 189
Thread Starter 

I've got the review unit and I must say that Wavedream really impressed me.

 

You can find my full impressions here.

 

And with this opportunity I found out that Hydra-X is even better on the I2S output.

post #153 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.gheorghe View Post
 

I've got the review unit and I must say that Wavedream really impressed me.

 

You can find my full impressions here.

 

And with this opportunity I found out that Hydra-X is even better on the I2S output.


Nice review Dan.  Thanks for your impressions!

post #154 of 189
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by germay0653 View Post
 


Nice review Dan.  Thanks for your impressions!

Thank you germay! 

post #155 of 189
Thread Starter 

I've got my hands on a Audiophilleo 1 pure power . Comparison and review will appear soon.

post #156 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.gheorghe View Post
 

I've got my hands on a Audiophilleo 1 pure power . Comparison and review will appear soon.

 

Now what you really need to get in to compare to the Hydra is an Offramp 5 ;)

post #157 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post

 

Now what you really need to get in to compare to the Hydra is an Offramp 5 ;)

What we really, REALLY need is for him to snatch up a PS-Audio PWD Mkii or their new DirectStream DAC and use the I2s output from the Hydra-X! That's the review I'm waiting to hear.

 

Although, I did read your WaveDream review and I was happy to hear that you found it's I2s input better than the SPDIF via the Hydra-X and at least as good as it's USB, I'm still waiting for a device specific review with the PWD Mkii. The USB input of the PWD Mkii has also been said to be pretty good, so I wonder how it would stack up compared to the Hydra-X's I2s?

post #158 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny-x View Post
 

What we really, REALLY need is for him to snatch up a PS-Audio PWD Mkii or their new DirectStream DAC and use the I2s output from the Hydra-X! That's the review I'm waiting to hear.

 

 

That may just happen very soon. :)

post #159 of 189
Thread Starter 
post #160 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by negura View Post
 

 

That may just happen very soon. :)

Sharing is caring, you know~ 

 

Please tell.

post #161 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny-x View Post
 

Sharing is caring, you know~ 

 

Please tell.


Dan will visit Razvan (negura) in London pretty soon, he will take his Hydra with him to test with Razvan's PWD 2 :)

post #162 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKu View Post
 


Dan will visit Razvan (negura) in London pretty soon, he will take his Hydra with him to test with Razvan's PWD 2 :)

Who knows, maybe Razvan will have a DirectStream DAC by then :biggrin:

post #163 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by citraian View Post
 

Who knows, maybe Razvan will have a DirectStream DAC by then :biggrin:


Fingers crossed:tongue_smile:

post #164 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKu View Post
 


Fingers crossed:tongue_smile:


Maybe, if Razvan still has it, they can throw in the YellowTec PUC2 into the mix for comparison on PCM.

post #165 of 189

Maybe they can test the AES output of the Hydra too :)

I can see it now: Dan will spend all his vacation in London testing the Hydra :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Audiobyte Hydra: High-End USB interface