Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread - Page 40

post #586 of 657

I got a problem about the free space. 

 

After some songs were deleted from the internal disc or SD card, the space are not released.  Anyone knows how to fix this issue? 

post #587 of 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawee View Post

I got a problem about the free space. 

After some songs were deleted from the internal disc or SD card, the space are not released.  Anyone knows how to fix this issue? 

There's a trash folder on the ak120 that allows you to recover deleted songs. Connect to your PC, delete the files in the trash folder & do a manual scan. See if that works.
post #588 of 657

Anyone still after getting one of these then the AK120 Bundle is now available. Free MQS album, dock, remote and black case.

 

Regards

post #589 of 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojaku View Post
 

So I've been trying to get the AK120 to work as a USB dac on my Razer Blade 14. It recognizes the player in DAC mode, but no sound comes out...I head that 64-bit windows with USB 3.0 doesn't work, but those are my only options as my computer doesn't have any USB 2.0 ports...Does anybody know how I can rectify this issue, or whether iriver is planning to fix this? I sent them an email already and got NO response...

 

Kojaku

Hi Kojaku,

 

I have the same problem. Just wondering if you had any success rectifying this?

 

Thanks

 

Antoh

post #590 of 657

My 120 just recently started lagging, giving me a choppy scrolling experience all of a sudden.  

post #591 of 657

There's about a 2 second lag when switching tracks- does anybody have an idea about whether a firmware update can fix that lagginess or if its a hardware problem related to its weak processor?

 

If it is processor-related, is there a way to upgrade its memory?  I've heard that the ak 240 interface is really snappy and wonder if there would be a way to bump up the ak120 specs to be similar.

post #592 of 657
Just recieved my120 couple days a go n amaze with the sq. i do have the dx90 but 120 is more musical. Wondering which fw with better sq for now? I used 1.40 i guess and one other thing, anyone using er4p with 120? Planning to re bought that iem....
post #593 of 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by The hitman View Post

Just recieved my120 couple days a go n amaze with the sq. i do have the dx90 but 120 is more musical. Wondering which fw with better sq for now? I used 1.40 i guess and one other thing, anyone using er4p with 120? Planning to re bought that iem....

Welcome to the family! It's true that there has been an argument about which firmware is the best atm. Many votes went down to 1.32 because of its richness in punchy bass and clarity.

 

I did an A/B testing between 1.32 and 1.40 and found that 1.40 is more fun and relaxing in the same time, while the 1.32 is more polite and sweeter.

 

But don't totally believe what I just said as you will never hear the same as I do. So you may want to do the test yourself!

 

Hope this helps :)

post #594 of 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaistylez View Post
 

Welcome to the family! It's true that there has been an argument about which firmware is the best atm. Many votes went down to 1.32 because of its richness in punchy bass and clarity.

 

I did an A/B testing between 1.32 and 1.40 and found that 1.40 is more fun and relaxing in the same time, while the 1.32 is more polite and sweeter.

 

But don't totally believe what I just said as you will never hear the same as I do. So you may want to do the test yourself!

 

Hope this helps :)

yeap, i"m agree with you. 1.32 is more sweeter. but i prefered 1.40 for allround...imho

post #595 of 657

I bought one of these in a bundle recently - soundwise its great, but Its been having some problems with my 128gb SD card. Every so often it seems to lose connection to the card and can't find any songs. I restart it and its ok until the next time. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be causing the problems? 

post #596 of 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAund View Post

I bought one of these in a bundle recently - soundwise its great, but Its been having some problems with my 128gb SD card. Every so often it seems to lose connection to the card and can't find any songs. I restart it and its ok until the next time. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be causing the problems? 

Sorry. No suggestion but I often had that too. Would drop 1 or both cards and need a restart.
post #597 of 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAund View Post
 

I bought one of these in a bundle recently - soundwise its great, but Its been having some problems with my 128gb SD card. Every so often it seems to lose connection to the card and can't find any songs. I restart it and its ok until the next time. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be causing the problems? 

 

It's a known problem on some of AK120s (not all, no one knows why). I never found a fix for it, and I don't think anyone has. I think it's very much a hardware problem on 120 specifically, as I had an AK120 -now on sale- and bought a Titan because I needed the space. The Titan never ever did that even once, whereas the original 120 would do it regularly, though not often. Short version: you'll just have to live with it ;)

post #598 of 657
Thanks. Just have to put up with it then.
post #599 of 657

I'm getting an Ak120 next week , tell me guys , should I worry about software issues ? I suppose that within multiple updates , the dap is better now ?!!!

post #600 of 657

Which issues, for instance? The UI may be a bit clunky at times, but the software per se doesn't have any issues that I'm aware of.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread