Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- The Astell & Kern AK120 Last post on Today at 3:05 am in Portable Source Gear
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP Last post on 7/10/15 at 9:08am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
First of all, I’d like to thank iBasso for sending me a review sample of the D14. iBasso have really established themselves as a big name in portable audio devices and after reviewing both their...
Introduction: The whole reason I purchased these was because of jekostas review of the Bette 8MM 1+1 Hybrid: The 10MM version is going to mirror a lot of the 8MM, though I do not have the...
Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread - Page 38
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I suppose he refers to the bar on the right side that will slide up and down if you are lucky enough to be able to access and grab it ...and it is not the least bit accurate even if you do.That is not proper navigation
I am using the algorhythm duet and it pairs very well with the 120.
However, the sound out of the TH900 is much better than the SE535 (both balanced).
Edited by Student_Driver - 3/1/14 at 1:50pm
I cannot for the life of me get the cover art to stick to DSF files. Are we supposed to use a specific format/size as far the album covers go for DSD?
How does the AK120 sound with the SE535 without amping? I'm seriously considering buying one to go with my UM modded SE530 (+ extra driver) and HD25, heard a few good things about this pairing, but would love another opinion.
I cannot help you here, I do own a RWAK 120 Titan and due to the modifications Vinnie does to the AK I need to use an external amp.
I'm having exactly the same problem. I'm using Tag and Rename to add them, but nothing shows on the AK120. I use MP3Tag for all my Flacs and everything shows up without problem
No worries, thanks for the reply.
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 11 seconds ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 44 seconds ago
- › Help on choosing an IEM 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 2 minutes ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › 2015 Tokyo Fujiya Avic Spring Headphone Festival Report 2 minutes ago
- › Ditch the Essence STX and get a Xonar DG? 3 minutes ago
- › NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3