Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Astell & Kern AK120 Last post on 8/22/15 at 11:58am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 1:56 am in Portable Source Gear
- Lotoo PAW 5000 Review by mark2410 Last post on 8/20/15 at 9:06am in Portable Source Gear
- Lotoo PAW 5000 now on Pre-Order From Hifiheadphones.co.uk Last post on 7/20/15 at 6:26am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Lotoo PAW 5000: Shipping Now (in China) Last post on 8/26/15 at 7:34am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Jive you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated with...
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
BEYERDYNAMIC iDX 160 iE INTRO If you're reading this you must be a Head-Fi member or just looking at reviews for a new pair of headphones or iem’s. Let me introduce myself, my name is Adam...
Table of Contents Introduction Features and Ergonomics Sound Quality With IEMS With full-size headphones Comparisons to other audio gear For whom is this player good...
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread - Page 38
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I suppose he refers to the bar on the right side that will slide up and down if you are lucky enough to be able to access and grab it ...and it is not the least bit accurate even if you do.That is not proper navigation
I am using the algorhythm duet and it pairs very well with the 120.
However, the sound out of the TH900 is much better than the SE535 (both balanced).
Edited by Student_Driver - 3/1/14 at 1:50pm
I cannot for the life of me get the cover art to stick to DSF files. Are we supposed to use a specific format/size as far the album covers go for DSD?
How does the AK120 sound with the SE535 without amping? I'm seriously considering buying one to go with my UM modded SE530 (+ extra driver) and HD25, heard a few good things about this pairing, but would love another opinion.
I cannot help you here, I do own a RWAK 120 Titan and due to the modifications Vinnie does to the AK I need to use an external amp.
I'm having exactly the same problem. I'm using Tag and Rename to add them, but nothing shows on the AK120. I use MP3Tag for all my Flacs and everything shows up without problem
No worries, thanks for the reply.
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Stax Thread III 18 seconds ago
- › Schiit we'd like to see 52 seconds ago
- › Let's Discuss Your Raspberry Pi Setups 1 minute ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 4 minutes ago
- › New Computer in need of a bangforbuck set-up 5 minutes ago
- › Closed back Headphones under 250$ 7 minutes ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (8:CT6E, 7:H8P, 6:JH13,... 7 minutes ago
- › Is there really such a thing as a non - colored headphone ( are the... 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2