i prefer 1.37 honestly, one of the features is able to change the connection type through the player setting directly, as for sounds wise, indeed not much different
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- The Astell & Kern AK120 Last post on Yesterday at 8:43 pm in Portable Source Gear
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP Last post on 5/29/15 at 6:24am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/770243/soundmagic-e50-e50s-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A middy...
Before I get into my review, some disclosure: I received a free loaner unit as part of a mini North American tour, set up and sponsored by @EmpJ of CTC Audio. I got to keep the unit for a...
First off, I want to thank Brainwavz and Audrey for this BLU-100 unit. Packaging and Accessories I received the BLU-100 before its release and it came in the Brainwavz iem case without...
These have been the best headphones I have used for $99. For the few weeks they worked, it was amazing. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, the right earcup detached from the headband. They seem to...
It was a long time since I orignally intended to write this review as I wanted to check black Velvet in addition to the Crystal velvet I've had. You can find a lot of impression on Head-fi...
Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread - Page 36
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I love this new option as well ...
I hope AK adds the ability to read .dsf tags in the next update since an advertised feature is DSD64 compatibility.
I decided to write A&K support since I had several questions about my new AK120. I thought I would post it here and followup with whatever answer I receive back so that others may learn from my experience:
Edited by jwbrent - 2/2/14 at 11:09pm
i just found out that my updated ak120 has this issue where i drag the timeline of the sound, when i release it, no sound until i press pause button then play it again, anyone having this issue?
I just checked mine and while playing a song if I use the scrubber to go to a different part of the song and then release it, the song continues to play from that point without pressing play again.
I have an RWAK 120S that has the same scrubbing problem. Mine worked fine for about a week but hasn't worked since then. Also the << "button" on the touch screen only goes back to the beginning of the track that is playing, not back through the folder, no matter how many times I press it, just back to the start of the same song.
I've emailed iriver and will post what I get back.
My reset doesn't seem to do anything either, no indication of a reset, as a previous poster mentioned. It did this with 1.33 and now 1.37, no difference.
....sounds great though :)
Here's the reply I received from iriver regarding the questions I posed in a recent email:
Dear iriver customer,
Thank you for contacting iriver customer support.
Please note the answers to your questions below:
1) I’ve noticed that when I have my AK120 connected to my main music system using a very high quality cable, there is a buzzing sound (sounds like a grounding issue) that comes through my speakers for about 2 seconds after one track ends and before the next track begins. This buzzing sound never appeared with my AK100 using the exact same cable and system setup. The buzzing sound is not present when using headphones, only when connected to my system. If I turn on gapless playback, there is no buzzing sound between tracks unless I manually skip a track. Are you aware of this anomaly?
To better understand the nature of your setup at home, please provide us with more information on what equipments are used with the AK120. A picture attachment of the setup would help us as well.
2) Will you add complete support for reading metadata on .dsf files in a future firmware update? Currently, no artwork appears on the playback screen yet it does appear on the album listing screen.
Currently artwork is not supported on DSD file formats but we are working on the issue for future updates.
3) Given the storage space available on the AK120 and the likelihood of owners having thousands of songs stored, do you plan on adding a search function in a future firmware update?
We will forward your message to our engineering team for a review.
4) I contacted you before about artwork not showing up on all my songs. I am a member of Head-Fi and have read on the forums that the artwork needs to be no bigger than 500x500 pixels and you concurred, but I have tried reducing the size on some of the files using smaller artwork yet it still does not show up. Do you plan on fixing this anomaly?
Please make sure that the image file of your album art is in JPG format and try again.
5) I have tried resetting my AK120 a number of times by holding the topmost button on the left side simultaneously with the power button for more than 7 seconds, but all that happens is the AK120 displays the good bye message and turns off. If I try to reset the unit from a powered off state, the loading screen comes on for about 5 seconds and then the unit shuts off. I recall that my AK100 reset function did not operate this way and there was some indication that I had indeed reset my player. Can you help me with this?
Hard resetting is used only when the unit is frozen and unresponsive. To properly hard reset, please press and hold the ON button and the Previous track button (top button on the left side of unit) at the same time for 7+ seconds before letting go of both buttons at the same time. The timing to let go is when the screen goes dark from a frozen screen/state.
6) The alphabetical order of albums displayed on the AK120 begins with number titles and then goes to albums beginning with Z before going to albums beginning with A. Just thought you might like t know.
This issue has been reported to our engineering team already but we will send the message again.
If you have any questions or concerns please email us back at any time.
Thanks & Regards,
CS & Tech Support
I suggested to Jonathan at iriver that they make the control on the far right side which allows quick scanning of a library's content a bit wider. I have trouble at times engaging this control. I also suggested they adopt Apple's method of using a small translucent dialog box that shows the first letter of where one is at when they do a quick scan. Your point, though, is noted since a traditional search seems beyond the capacity of the inherent design.
I guess the search function will be a great challenge for them. Besides the screen issue, another issue of the search function will be input language support, since they will need to support searching for non-English title songs (e.g. Japanese, Korean etc), unless they restricted this searching feature for English titles only...
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › HE1000 pricing: what drives the price of headphones? 1 minute ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 2 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-A15 vs FiiO X1 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-R10 Owner's Club 5 minutes ago
- › Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Alclair Curve by Brooko
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by wofsie
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2