i prefer 1.37 honestly, one of the features is able to change the connection type through the player setting directly, as for sounds wise, indeed not much different
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Astell & Kern AK120 Last post on 1/29/17 at 6:33pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread Last post on 2/17/17 at 10:54pm in Portable Source Gear
- Review: LOTOO PAW 5000 - A very versatile portable player Last post on 1/8/16 at 6:30am in Portable Source Gear
- Lotoo PAW 5000 Tour - Reviewers Wanted! Last post on 2/15/16 at 8:30am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Lotoo PAW 5000 Review by mark2410 Last post on 8/20/15 at 9:06am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
Hi Head-Fi’ers! I’ve waited quite a bit long to use SuperMini and obtain its possible rival players at the same time (like Sony A15 and the new A35). I came across SuperMini a few months ago,...
Introduction Sennheiser HD800S is the successor to HD800 - one of the greatest headphones ever made. HD800 was the first headphone to actually WOW me hard...
Hello fellow head-fi members Welcome to the review of Advanced Evo X Sports Wireless In-ear Monitors. Disclaimer This were a sample provided by Advanced team for my review. I am not...
Weston W80 Review Disclaimer: The W80 was loaned to me by the local distributor www.samma3a.com - I have to return it, I have not received any incentive, financial or otherwise for this...
Meant to be married to the OL DAC, the O2 headphone amp matches it in shape, size and simplicity. What’s neat about the O2 is that JDS Labs allows for some simple customizations—you can choose...
Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread - Page 36
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I love this new option as well ...
I hope AK adds the ability to read .dsf tags in the next update since an advertised feature is DSD64 compatibility.
I decided to write A&K support since I had several questions about my new AK120. I thought I would post it here and followup with whatever answer I receive back so that others may learn from my experience:
Edited by jwbrent - 2/2/14 at 11:09pm
i just found out that my updated ak120 has this issue where i drag the timeline of the sound, when i release it, no sound until i press pause button then play it again, anyone having this issue?
I just checked mine and while playing a song if I use the scrubber to go to a different part of the song and then release it, the song continues to play from that point without pressing play again.
I have an RWAK 120S that has the same scrubbing problem. Mine worked fine for about a week but hasn't worked since then. Also the << "button" on the touch screen only goes back to the beginning of the track that is playing, not back through the folder, no matter how many times I press it, just back to the start of the same song.
I've emailed iriver and will post what I get back.
My reset doesn't seem to do anything either, no indication of a reset, as a previous poster mentioned. It did this with 1.33 and now 1.37, no difference.
....sounds great though :)
Here's the reply I received from iriver regarding the questions I posed in a recent email:
Dear iriver customer,
Thank you for contacting iriver customer support.
Please note the answers to your questions below:
1) I’ve noticed that when I have my AK120 connected to my main music system using a very high quality cable, there is a buzzing sound (sounds like a grounding issue) that comes through my speakers for about 2 seconds after one track ends and before the next track begins. This buzzing sound never appeared with my AK100 using the exact same cable and system setup. The buzzing sound is not present when using headphones, only when connected to my system. If I turn on gapless playback, there is no buzzing sound between tracks unless I manually skip a track. Are you aware of this anomaly?
To better understand the nature of your setup at home, please provide us with more information on what equipments are used with the AK120. A picture attachment of the setup would help us as well.
2) Will you add complete support for reading metadata on .dsf files in a future firmware update? Currently, no artwork appears on the playback screen yet it does appear on the album listing screen.
Currently artwork is not supported on DSD file formats but we are working on the issue for future updates.
3) Given the storage space available on the AK120 and the likelihood of owners having thousands of songs stored, do you plan on adding a search function in a future firmware update?
We will forward your message to our engineering team for a review.
4) I contacted you before about artwork not showing up on all my songs. I am a member of Head-Fi and have read on the forums that the artwork needs to be no bigger than 500x500 pixels and you concurred, but I have tried reducing the size on some of the files using smaller artwork yet it still does not show up. Do you plan on fixing this anomaly?
Please make sure that the image file of your album art is in JPG format and try again.
5) I have tried resetting my AK120 a number of times by holding the topmost button on the left side simultaneously with the power button for more than 7 seconds, but all that happens is the AK120 displays the good bye message and turns off. If I try to reset the unit from a powered off state, the loading screen comes on for about 5 seconds and then the unit shuts off. I recall that my AK100 reset function did not operate this way and there was some indication that I had indeed reset my player. Can you help me with this?
Hard resetting is used only when the unit is frozen and unresponsive. To properly hard reset, please press and hold the ON button and the Previous track button (top button on the left side of unit) at the same time for 7+ seconds before letting go of both buttons at the same time. The timing to let go is when the screen goes dark from a frozen screen/state.
6) The alphabetical order of albums displayed on the AK120 begins with number titles and then goes to albums beginning with Z before going to albums beginning with A. Just thought you might like t know.
This issue has been reported to our engineering team already but we will send the message again.
If you have any questions or concerns please email us back at any time.
Thanks & Regards,
CS & Tech Support
I suggested to Jonathan at iriver that they make the control on the far right side which allows quick scanning of a library's content a bit wider. I have trouble at times engaging this control. I also suggested they adopt Apple's method of using a small translucent dialog box that shows the first letter of where one is at when they do a quick scan. Your point, though, is noted since a traditional search seems beyond the capacity of the inherent design.
I guess the search function will be a great challenge for them. Besides the screen issue, another issue of the search function will be input language support, since they will need to support searching for non-English title songs (e.g. Japanese, Korean etc), unless they restricted this searching feature for English titles only...
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 21 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 26 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 46 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightOwl - A closed-back NightHawk 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by gprs007
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › JDS Labs OL DAC by SoundApprentice
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear