Not too bad when you buy an album and can record it while you listen to it adding it to your collection that way, is the method I'll use from now on. Sadly its not one I followed after years of purchases so I have a mountain to get through and couldn't take out the pops and clicks in each, DeClick is an excellent program, suppose I'd go back to using it if I had to... fails hard on percussion tracks though .lol. Using Audacity to record, wavelab does look like its worth the investment.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- The Astell & Kern AK120 Last post on Yesterday at 3:02 am in Portable Source Gear
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP Last post on Yesterday at 1:40 am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread - Page 33
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Vinnie got my RWAK120-B and heared the problem. He had to change both Wolfson chips. Didn't imagine could be so extensive.
When you are seeking for high end material (be a car for example) you know that the price will be tidy but you expect a great service. This material is elaborated and troubles can't be avoided at some time.
For me I have no problem to send back a device if in the end it is awesome and bring me pleasure.
Sorry for previous empty post, new to all this.
I see under another AK120 thread that others are experiencing same problem with non-recognition of microSD cards. So hope a firmware fix will be forthcoming soon.
Not sure changing to another unit will help.
I pm'ed JMoon on this issue and he was not aware of the problem but would let his team know about it.
I experience the same issue with a new AK100 (bought at Halloween). It got to the point where I had to reboot several times a day. I sent the unit back to iriver at their request (with both of my new Sandisk 64g micro cards).
They said they couldn't replicate the issue, but said they are aware that on rare instances the issue occurs. (I'm using ver 2.3).
I can't believe they didn't experience the issue. The problem happened every morning first try.
Long story short - they said they'd replace the unit - but suggested they send a refurbished unit. No way.
I'm picking up a new unit from my dealer on Monday. I have a feeling this issue is more prevalent than iriver mentions. I also understand they've focused on providing more features, so maybe this issue is further down the fix list.
It's annoying and shouldn't happen. It's akin to having to restart an iPod because it doesn't recognize the hard drive.
I may go with just 32g cards to see if the issue pops up with my new AK100. I was using a single Sandisk 32G at first, and I can't quite remember if I experience the issue then - or when I moved up to 64G. It's worth a shot.
My partner does most of ours and we generally get nice pressings to choose from so things with too high a noise floor are just rejected. Any major clicks and pops are removed manually in Wavelab. Pretty remarkable. Doesn't alter the sound like noise programs do and you can't tell it was ever there. Years of editing lets him see and remove them very quickly. Can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear but a clean record with a few some pops becomes great. The other thing about a great TT setup is that the noise is very separate from the music. You obviously can hear it and don't want it but it's easier to hear past when it's character it's a separate entity from the recording.
Goodvibes I always thought you were a Man. Are you a woman? :).
Speak to sprks01 I believe he owns C4. I've always been interested about C4, though still, if you loved the Rocco BA, you shouldn't be counting out the 3rd anv.
Edited by spkrs01 - 11/19/13 at 8:23am
What's the expected turnaround? I am sure you will enjoy it, a marvelous source!!!
Edited by spkrs01 - 11/19/13 at 8:26am
Device isn't playing a .WAV file I'm testing... recorded it as 32bit float in 24/192.... anyone else had similar issues? Am yet to see if its the firmware but would not have seen this as a problem if I didn't accidently use a .WAV file of an album instead of its FLAC folder.
24/192 .wav works great. Your 32 bit float may need to be rendered or it may have been recorded as a broadcast wav. which doesn't work in most things. Take the file and run it through something like DB poweramp and select convert to Wave but choose 2 'stereo' instead of 'as source' and the rest 'as source' and it should fix whatever is wrong with the file if it's usable. There is no reason to use a float in a straight recording without any changes being made. A higher floating bit rate is to maintain bit integrity when doing mastering or level changes.
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread
- › Band Name Game II 1 second ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 second ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 5 seconds ago
- › 2.1 Computer Speakers. 36 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 38 seconds ago
- › DIY Driver Swap Questions 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)