Not too bad when you buy an album and can record it while you listen to it adding it to your collection that way, is the method I'll use from now on. Sadly its not one I followed after years of purchases so I have a mountain to get through and couldn't take out the pops and clicks in each, DeClick is an excellent program, suppose I'd go back to using it if I had to... fails hard on percussion tracks though .lol. Using Audacity to record, wavelab does look like its worth the investment.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- The Astell & Kern AK120 Last post on Yesterday at 7:41 am in Portable Source Gear
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP Last post on Yesterday at 11:49 am in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread - Page 33
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Vinnie got my RWAK120-B and heared the problem. He had to change both Wolfson chips. Didn't imagine could be so extensive.
When you are seeking for high end material (be a car for example) you know that the price will be tidy but you expect a great service. This material is elaborated and troubles can't be avoided at some time.
For me I have no problem to send back a device if in the end it is awesome and bring me pleasure.
Sorry for previous empty post, new to all this.
I see under another AK120 thread that others are experiencing same problem with non-recognition of microSD cards. So hope a firmware fix will be forthcoming soon.
Not sure changing to another unit will help.
I pm'ed JMoon on this issue and he was not aware of the problem but would let his team know about it.
I experience the same issue with a new AK100 (bought at Halloween). It got to the point where I had to reboot several times a day. I sent the unit back to iriver at their request (with both of my new Sandisk 64g micro cards).
They said they couldn't replicate the issue, but said they are aware that on rare instances the issue occurs. (I'm using ver 2.3).
I can't believe they didn't experience the issue. The problem happened every morning first try.
Long story short - they said they'd replace the unit - but suggested they send a refurbished unit. No way.
I'm picking up a new unit from my dealer on Monday. I have a feeling this issue is more prevalent than iriver mentions. I also understand they've focused on providing more features, so maybe this issue is further down the fix list.
It's annoying and shouldn't happen. It's akin to having to restart an iPod because it doesn't recognize the hard drive.
I may go with just 32g cards to see if the issue pops up with my new AK100. I was using a single Sandisk 32G at first, and I can't quite remember if I experience the issue then - or when I moved up to 64G. It's worth a shot.
My partner does most of ours and we generally get nice pressings to choose from so things with too high a noise floor are just rejected. Any major clicks and pops are removed manually in Wavelab. Pretty remarkable. Doesn't alter the sound like noise programs do and you can't tell it was ever there. Years of editing lets him see and remove them very quickly. Can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear but a clean record with a few some pops becomes great. The other thing about a great TT setup is that the noise is very separate from the music. You obviously can hear it and don't want it but it's easier to hear past when it's character it's a separate entity from the recording.
Goodvibes I always thought you were a Man. Are you a woman? :).
Speak to sprks01 I believe he owns C4. I've always been interested about C4, though still, if you loved the Rocco BA, you shouldn't be counting out the 3rd anv.
Edited by spkrs01 - 11/19/13 at 8:23am
What's the expected turnaround? I am sure you will enjoy it, a marvelous source!!!
Edited by spkrs01 - 11/19/13 at 8:26am
Device isn't playing a .WAV file I'm testing... recorded it as 32bit float in 24/192.... anyone else had similar issues? Am yet to see if its the firmware but would not have seen this as a problem if I didn't accidently use a .WAV file of an album instead of its FLAC folder.
24/192 .wav works great. Your 32 bit float may need to be rendered or it may have been recorded as a broadcast wav. which doesn't work in most things. Take the file and run it through something like DB poweramp and select convert to Wave but choose 2 'stereo' instead of 'as source' and the rest 'as source' and it should fix whatever is wrong with the file if it's usable. There is no reason to use a float in a straight recording without any changes being made. A higher floating bit rate is to maintain bit integrity when doing mastering or level changes.
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Help with buying Headphones/In ears 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Should I get the V-Moda XS or M-100? 4 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. Phase 2: Poll running and the micro iDSD... 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 6 minutes ago
- › Choosing a new pair of headphones... 8 minutes ago
- › Review + Appreciation thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 8 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 14 minutes ago
- › Final Amp for HD800 14 minutes ago
- › Soft Mushroom Eartips - any experience? 15 minutes ago
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob