Not too bad when you buy an album and can record it while you listen to it adding it to your collection that way, is the method I'll use from now on. Sadly its not one I followed after years of purchases so I have a mountain to get through and couldn't take out the pops and clicks in each, DeClick is an excellent program, suppose I'd go back to using it if I had to... fails hard on percussion tracks though .lol. Using Audacity to record, wavelab does look like its worth the investment.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Astell & Kern AK120 Last post on 7/9/16 at 3:13am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread Last post on 7/26/16 at 11:21am in Portable Source Gear
- Review: LOTOO PAW 5000 - A very versatile portable player Last post on 1/8/16 at 6:30am in Portable Source Gear
- Lotoo PAW 5000 Tour - Reviewers Wanted! Last post on 2/15/16 at 8:30am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Lotoo PAW 5000 Review by mark2410 Last post on 8/20/15 at 9:06am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 12/22/15
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
I've become a big fan of wireless headphones over the years with aptx codec, bluetooth 4.0 technology, and li-ion batteries becoming the standard. This allows more of the battery to be dedicated to...
Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread - Page 33
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Vinnie got my RWAK120-B and heared the problem. He had to change both Wolfson chips. Didn't imagine could be so extensive.
When you are seeking for high end material (be a car for example) you know that the price will be tidy but you expect a great service. This material is elaborated and troubles can't be avoided at some time.
For me I have no problem to send back a device if in the end it is awesome and bring me pleasure.
Sorry for previous empty post, new to all this.
I see under another AK120 thread that others are experiencing same problem with non-recognition of microSD cards. So hope a firmware fix will be forthcoming soon.
Not sure changing to another unit will help.
I pm'ed JMoon on this issue and he was not aware of the problem but would let his team know about it.
I experience the same issue with a new AK100 (bought at Halloween). It got to the point where I had to reboot several times a day. I sent the unit back to iriver at their request (with both of my new Sandisk 64g micro cards).
They said they couldn't replicate the issue, but said they are aware that on rare instances the issue occurs. (I'm using ver 2.3).
I can't believe they didn't experience the issue. The problem happened every morning first try.
Long story short - they said they'd replace the unit - but suggested they send a refurbished unit. No way.
I'm picking up a new unit from my dealer on Monday. I have a feeling this issue is more prevalent than iriver mentions. I also understand they've focused on providing more features, so maybe this issue is further down the fix list.
It's annoying and shouldn't happen. It's akin to having to restart an iPod because it doesn't recognize the hard drive.
I may go with just 32g cards to see if the issue pops up with my new AK100. I was using a single Sandisk 32G at first, and I can't quite remember if I experience the issue then - or when I moved up to 64G. It's worth a shot.
My partner does most of ours and we generally get nice pressings to choose from so things with too high a noise floor are just rejected. Any major clicks and pops are removed manually in Wavelab. Pretty remarkable. Doesn't alter the sound like noise programs do and you can't tell it was ever there. Years of editing lets him see and remove them very quickly. Can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear but a clean record with a few some pops becomes great. The other thing about a great TT setup is that the noise is very separate from the music. You obviously can hear it and don't want it but it's easier to hear past when it's character it's a separate entity from the recording.
Goodvibes I always thought you were a Man. Are you a woman? :).
Speak to sprks01 I believe he owns C4. I've always been interested about C4, though still, if you loved the Rocco BA, you shouldn't be counting out the 3rd anv.
Edited by spkrs01 - 11/19/13 at 8:23am
What's the expected turnaround? I am sure you will enjoy it, a marvelous source!!!
Edited by spkrs01 - 11/19/13 at 8:26am
Device isn't playing a .WAV file I'm testing... recorded it as 32bit float in 24/192.... anyone else had similar issues? Am yet to see if its the firmware but would not have seen this as a problem if I didn't accidently use a .WAV file of an album instead of its FLAC folder.
24/192 .wav works great. Your 32 bit float may need to be rendered or it may have been recorded as a broadcast wav. which doesn't work in most things. Take the file and run it through something like DB poweramp and select convert to Wave but choose 2 'stereo' instead of 'as source' and the rest 'as source' and it should fix whatever is wrong with the file if it's usable. There is no reason to use a float in a straight recording without any changes being made. A higher floating bit rate is to maintain bit integrity when doing mastering or level changes.
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 11 seconds ago
- › Bricasti M1 DAC impressions. 26 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 36 seconds ago
- › AKG's new K872? 57 seconds ago
- › AMV thread 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › iFi products Discussion Thread iTUBE will be out soon!! 3 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...