Not too bad when you buy an album and can record it while you listen to it adding it to your collection that way, is the method I'll use from now on. Sadly its not one I followed after years of purchases so I have a mountain to get through and couldn't take out the pops and clicks in each, DeClick is an excellent program, suppose I'd go back to using it if I had to... fails hard on percussion tracks though .lol. Using Audacity to record, wavelab does look like its worth the investment.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AK 120 with Etymotic 4p and a good amp=FANTASTIC Last post on 3/21/14 at 4:18pm in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell&Kern AK120 DUAL DAC MQS Portable DAP available now direct from iriver &... Last post on 7/7/13 at 6:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- The Astell & Kern AK120 Last post on Yesterday at 3:05 am in Portable Source Gear
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP Last post on Today at 2:59 am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
Purchased these this week, and had them replaced with another set - which exhibited the same flaw. Two may be a curse, but they both did the same thing so I would be wary. When on standby,...
Synopsis: The RD3 is part of the next generation of earphones from Rhapsodio. Powered by a single high-end dynamic driver, it has a warm sound and a hearty bass response. The RD3’s design...
Synopsis: The Spectrum Series G10 is the next generation universal fit stage monitor from Future Sonics. Replacing the Atrio with a new driver, housing, and cables, the G10 surpasses it in detail...
Introduction: I received the Cayin N6 as a tour unit that was generously provided by CTC Audio. CTC Audio focuses on making brands that aren’t as accessible in North America, mostly from Asia,...
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread - Page 33
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Vinnie got my RWAK120-B and heared the problem. He had to change both Wolfson chips. Didn't imagine could be so extensive.
When you are seeking for high end material (be a car for example) you know that the price will be tidy but you expect a great service. This material is elaborated and troubles can't be avoided at some time.
For me I have no problem to send back a device if in the end it is awesome and bring me pleasure.
Sorry for previous empty post, new to all this.
I see under another AK120 thread that others are experiencing same problem with non-recognition of microSD cards. So hope a firmware fix will be forthcoming soon.
Not sure changing to another unit will help.
I pm'ed JMoon on this issue and he was not aware of the problem but would let his team know about it.
I experience the same issue with a new AK100 (bought at Halloween). It got to the point where I had to reboot several times a day. I sent the unit back to iriver at their request (with both of my new Sandisk 64g micro cards).
They said they couldn't replicate the issue, but said they are aware that on rare instances the issue occurs. (I'm using ver 2.3).
I can't believe they didn't experience the issue. The problem happened every morning first try.
Long story short - they said they'd replace the unit - but suggested they send a refurbished unit. No way.
I'm picking up a new unit from my dealer on Monday. I have a feeling this issue is more prevalent than iriver mentions. I also understand they've focused on providing more features, so maybe this issue is further down the fix list.
It's annoying and shouldn't happen. It's akin to having to restart an iPod because it doesn't recognize the hard drive.
I may go with just 32g cards to see if the issue pops up with my new AK100. I was using a single Sandisk 32G at first, and I can't quite remember if I experience the issue then - or when I moved up to 64G. It's worth a shot.
My partner does most of ours and we generally get nice pressings to choose from so things with too high a noise floor are just rejected. Any major clicks and pops are removed manually in Wavelab. Pretty remarkable. Doesn't alter the sound like noise programs do and you can't tell it was ever there. Years of editing lets him see and remove them very quickly. Can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear but a clean record with a few some pops becomes great. The other thing about a great TT setup is that the noise is very separate from the music. You obviously can hear it and don't want it but it's easier to hear past when it's character it's a separate entity from the recording.
Goodvibes I always thought you were a Man. Are you a woman? :).
Speak to sprks01 I believe he owns C4. I've always been interested about C4, though still, if you loved the Rocco BA, you shouldn't be counting out the 3rd anv.
Edited by spkrs01 - 11/19/13 at 8:23am
What's the expected turnaround? I am sure you will enjoy it, a marvelous source!!!
Edited by spkrs01 - 11/19/13 at 8:26am
Device isn't playing a .WAV file I'm testing... recorded it as 32bit float in 24/192.... anyone else had similar issues? Am yet to see if its the firmware but would not have seen this as a problem if I didn't accidently use a .WAV file of an album instead of its FLAC folder.
24/192 .wav works great. Your 32 bit float may need to be rendered or it may have been recorded as a broadcast wav. which doesn't work in most things. Take the file and run it through something like DB poweramp and select convert to Wave but choose 2 'stereo' instead of 'as source' and the rest 'as source' and it should fix whatever is wrong with the file if it's usable. There is no reason to use a float in a straight recording without any changes being made. A higher floating bit rate is to maintain bit integrity when doing mastering or level changes.
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 33 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 52 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.3 - July 2, 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Some People Remember How Equipment Sounds! 2 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FX850 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Does anyone have experience with the Kef LS50? 4 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 5 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3