or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread - Page 202

Poll Results: Which one would you order??

 
  • 73% (274)
    Carbo Tenore
  • 26% (97)
    Carbo Basso
371 Total Votes  
post #3016 of 5960
I might try molding rubber on the relief 😖... Mines not super bassy but the treble isn't to my liking , needs moar!!!!😋
post #3017 of 5960

Just got the ostry kc06 in the mizail. No cord lock on the upper cable??? How heinous!!!  :-P

 

I will wait to post impressions until I can listen to them a bit. They sound great off the bat no matter what. I can easily say they're worth the price. No question there. How do that compare to the tenore though.... . .. ..... .. . . . ...... ... .  . . . .  .   . .  . ..       .            .                  .

 

I like the cable though. Reminds me of the vsonic fr07 cable just a little. Not as uber sexy feeling or thick, but closer to that than a standard cable anyway. I liked the vsonic cable though from what I remember. Not sure how this will fare yet.

 


Edited by luisdent - 6/22/14 at 8:43pm
post #3018 of 5960
Glad you got the kc06's! I have been listening to them a lot lately, and appreciating them more and
more. Definitely makes the wait for my replacement tenores quite tolerable. Enjoyable actually!
post #3019 of 5960

Can't wait to hear your impressions and comparisons wrt Tenore and KC06!

post #3020 of 5960
Well then. I can honestly say i think i'm going to need longer than i probably have these ostry loaners for to compare them. That's a good thing. These sound excellent. Very impressed. Not sure which i think is better. They're very similar in their overall neutrality, but the tenores are more finicky with fit for bass response. I need a perfect fit for the tenores' bass to sound similar to the ostry's bass in volume. But that will give you an idea of the bass level on my tenores if you have the kc06. With a perfect shallow tenore fit the bass is very very similar in level. Any deeper and the tenores sound bassier overall. The ostry seem consistent in fit easily. However, the isolation is crap.

Some quick initial sound impressions...

The bass on the tenores is sub bassier. It seems to extend lower more evenly. Whereas the ostry tends to have the slightest bit less sub bass below 60hz. However, in all but the most perfect conditions, i'd say the ostry bass sounds more neutral in volume because of tenore fit annoyances. I've yet to try the tip vent mod though.

The treble is more challenging. Again, i feel the tenore treble extends higher and has a lighter tone overall. Whereas the ostry treble again, like the bass, almost sounds more neutral in level overall. I'm not sure about linearity though. I go back and forth...

The ostry seem to have a possible slight peak or area that is "hot" somewhere, relatively speaking that is. Or so i thought initially. I'm not sure yet. The tenore treble sounds more wispy and swishy in comparison. Again, relatively speaking, and not in a bad swishy way, just tonally. Both sound incredible. The ostry do tend to render metallic noises more believably though. As far as i can tell. I need a lot more time, and my impressions may change...

I may have to sell one of my beloved reference tenores to get an ostry so i have more time to compare. :-o omg, did luisdent just really say that?!? Blasphemy! ;-)
Edited by luisdent - 6/22/14 at 10:02pm
post #3021 of 5960
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post

Well then. I can honestly say i think i'm going to need longer than i probably have these ostry loaners for to compare them. That's a good thing. These sound excellent. Very impressed. Not sure which i think is better. They're very similar in their overall neutrality, but the tenores are more finicky with fit for bass response. I need a perfect fit for the tenores' bass to sound similar to the ostry's bass in volume. But that will give you an idea of the bass level on my tenores if you have the kc06. With a perfect shallow tenore fit the bass is very very similar in level. Any deeper and the tenores sound bassier overall. The ostry seem consistent in fit easily. However, the isolation is crap.

Some quick initial sound impressions...

The bass on the tenores is sub bassier. It seems to extend lower more evenly. Whereas the ostry tends to have the slightest bit less sub bass below 60hz. However, in all but the most perfect conditions, i'd say the ostry bass sounds more neutral in volume.

The treble is more challenging. Again, i feel the tenore treble extends higher and has a lighter tone overall. Whereas the ostry treble again almost sounds more neutral in level overall. I'm not sure about linearity though.

The ostry seem to have a possible slight peak somewhere, relatively speaking that is. Or so i thought initially. I'm not sure yet. The tenore treble sounds more wispy and swishy in comparison. Again, relatively speaking. Both sound incredible.

I may have to sell one of my beloved reference tenores to get an ostry so i have more time to compare. :-o omg, did luisdent just really say that?!? Blasphemy! ;-)

^

C'mon meng DEWIT!!! I gots a set of golden Ostriches just waiting for you to come through with the trade.

 

I WANNA HEAR DA' DAMN TENORE HYPE BADDDDDDDDD!!!

 

DEWITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!

post #3022 of 5960
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post

Well then. I can honestly say i think i'm going to need longer than i probably have these ostry loaners for to compare them. That's a good thing. These sound excellent. Very impressed. Not sure which i think is better. They're very similar in their overall neutrality, but the tenores are more finicky with fit for bass response. I need a perfect fit for the tenores' bass to sound similar to the ostry's bass in volume. But that will give you an idea of the bass level on my tenores if you have the kc06. With a perfect shallow tenore fit the bass is very very similar in level. Any deeper and the tenores sound bassier overall. The ostry seem consistent in fit easily. However, the isolation is crap.


Some quick initial sound impressions...


The bass on the tenores is sub bassier. It seems to extend lower more evenly. Whereas the ostry tends to have the slightest bit less sub bass below 60hz. However, in all but the most perfect conditions, i'd say the ostry bass sounds more neutral in volume.


The treble is more challenging. Again, i feel the tenore treble extends higher and has a lighter tone overall. Whereas the ostry treble again almost sounds more neutral in level overall. I'm not sure about linearity though.


The ostry seem to have a possible slight peak somewhere, relatively speaking that is. Or so i thought initially. I'm not sure yet. The tenore treble sounds more wispy and swishy in comparison. Again, relatively speaking. Both sound incredible.

I may have to sell one of my beloved reference tenores to get an ostry so i have more time to compare. :-o omg, did luisdent just really say that?!? Blasphemy! ;-)
^
C'mon meng DEWIT!!! I gots a set of golden Ostriches just waiting for you to come through with the trade.

I WANNA HEAR DA' DAMN TENORE HYPE BADDDDDDDDD!!!

DEWITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!
Gold is so bling though. ;-) haha are there two versions or is gold the same, just a different color?
post #3023 of 5960
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post


Gold is so bling though. ;-) haha are there two versions or is gold the same, just a different color?


^

it's more of a golden tan color which is pretty subtle, unlike what is shown in online pics, but yeah it's only color differences cuz the sonics are the same so no worries. :  )

post #3024 of 5960
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


^

it's more of a golden tan color which is pretty subtle, unlike what is shown in online pics, but yeah it's only color differences cuz the sonics are the same so no worries. :  )

 

+1. Sounds like a WIN WIN deal to me! 

post #3025 of 5960
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

+1. Sounds like a WIN WIN deal to me! 


^

:deadhorse:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
:beerchug:
post #3026 of 5960
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post


The ostry seem to have a possible slight peak or area that is "hot" somewhere, relatively speaking that is. Or so i thought initially. I'm not sure yet. The tenore treble sounds more wispy and swishy in comparison. Again, relatively speaking, and not in a bad swishy way, just tonally. Both sound incredible. The ostry do tend to render metallic noises more believably though. As far as i can tell. I need a lot more time, and my impressions may change...

I may have to sell one of my beloved reference tenores to get an ostry so i have more time to compare. :-o omg, did luisdent just really say that?!? Blasphemy! ;-)

 

Tbh, I didn't think that I would see the luisdent-meister saying that! Not because the kc06's aren't worthy (they are), but because I thought that you might be just a wee bit biased towards your 25 pairs of tenores lol. So, it's a testament to both your open-mindedness, and to how good the kc06's are (even if they end up not being the ones for you). Kudos!

:beerchug: 

post #3027 of 5960

Thanks for the impression. I'll wait for the fxt90's to arrive and maybe sell them if im dissatisfied with the treble. I sold my gr07's for the same reason....And maybe get the tenore's soon :)

post #3028 of 5960

luisdent, does the kc06 match the tenores in 3Dness/soundstage? Because that's what impressed me the most about the Tenores. Probably one of (if not the best) the best i've heard in a single driver iem...

post #3029 of 5960
Quote:
Originally Posted by higbvuyb View Post
 

Smooth is the opposite of grainy. Can you clarify what you mean?

 

Yes, excuse me. It's difficult, but I'll try to explain.

Listen to the intro of Wolfmother - The Joker & The Thief. Here you hear the hi-hat before the rest of the drum-kit kicks in.

What I mean is the following:

 

Sibilant (like the Xears XPA2Pro): sounds like: Sshhhh sh sh sh sh Sshhh

 

Natural ( like the Xiaomi Pistons): sounds like: Tsss ts ts ts ts Tss

 

Overly smooth (like the Tenores or the MH1C): SSssss ss ss ss Ssss

 

Now the grainy part; Imagine the same hi-hat, but now, someone left a lot of tiny steel beans on it. every time you hit the hi-hat, the beans "rattle" a bit.

I don't know if other people hear this too, but it is evident to my ears and really annoying.

post #3030 of 5960
Maybe reverberation 😌
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread