Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread - Page 162

Poll Results: Which one would you order??

 
  • 74% (288)
    Carbo Tenore
  • 25% (100)
    Carbo Basso
388 Total Votes  
post #2416 of 6000
I agree with Grayson....meelec biflange have been best for me also....on the doppios also
post #2417 of 6000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaveli06 View Post

I agree with Grayson....meelec biflange have been best for me also....on the doppios also

 

So you have both the tenores and the doppios. You shouldn't have said that. Now i have to interrogate you till i've learned everything about them.

 

For starters, how is their bass? Does it roll of like most dual ba do? Does it have good impact? How is decay? What about dynamic range? Are these neutral? What about timbre, is it as natural as that of the Tenores? What about soundstage, is it as wide and deep? And the most important question of all, make sure you answer this correctly:

WILL I LIKE THEM ?

post #2418 of 6000
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiesOfAzel View Post

So you have both the tenores and the doppios. You shouldn't have said that. Now i have to interrogate you till i've learned everything about them.

For starters, how is their bass? Does it roll of like most dual ba do? Does it have good impact? How is decay? What about dynamic range? Are these neutral? What about timbre, is it as natural as that of the Tenores? What about soundstage, is it as wide and deep? And the most important question of all, make sure you answer this correctly:
WILL I LIKE THEM ?
good, dont notice rolloff, good, good, yes, yes, very similar, and yes. Lol, seriously though, they are both great. Worth owning both, and im in process of getting singolo also. As for comparing the 2, im not best at that, but guys like Dsnuts and Drbluenewmexico have both and did some better comparisons in the hype thread.

I can say they have better bass than any BA ive heard, right there with Earsonics SM3. Very clear and even more detailed and slightly better imaging and seperation than tenores. Tenore has a little deeper and more impact on subbass than in midbass, but doppio is flatter all the way across I say. Id definately call these a nuetral, but not bass light like alot of others are. I think they are fantastic myself
post #2419 of 6000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaveli06 View Post


good, dont notice rolloff, good, good, yes, yes, very similar, and yes. Lol, seriously though, they are both great. Worth owning both, and im in process of getting singolo also. As for comparing the 2, im not best at that, but guys like Dsnuts and Drbluenewmexico have both and did some better comparisons in the hype thread.

I can say they have better bass than any BA ive heard, right there with Earsonics SM3. Very clear and even more detailed and slightly better imaging and seperation than tenores. Tenore has a little deeper and more impact on subbass than in midbass, but doppio is flatter all the way across I say. Id definately call these a nuetral, but not bass light like alot of others are. I think they are fantastic myself

 

FFS, why are you doing this??? I just got the Tenores today, why are pointing a gun to my head with those doppios? I now have no other choice than to buy them and it's ALL YOUR FAULT. You should be ashamed of yourself. I hate Head-Fi.

post #2420 of 6000
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiesOfAzel View Post

FFS, why are you doing this??? I just got the Tenores today, why are pointing a gun to my head with those doppios? I now have no other choice than to buy them and it's ALL YOUR FAULT. You should be ashamed of yourself. I hate Head-Fi.
im in same boat with singolo, was told its combo of doppio and tenores!!

As for doppio, I bought used pair that had mesh screen removed, liked them enough to buy new pair and sell used pair. (Sellin for $100 shipped if interested) the screen removal is said to add even more air and clarity, and it still has enough bass to satisfy me
post #2421 of 6000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaveli06 View Post


im in same boat with singolo, was told its combo of doppio and tenores!!

As for doppio, I bought used pair that had mesh screen removed, liked them enough to buy new pair and sell used pair. (Sellin for $100 shipped if interested) the screen removal is said to add even more air and clarity, and it still has enough bass to satisfy me

 

Shipped to Europe (please say no...)?

 

As for the singolos, i've read that they have better extension on both ends than the Tenore which should be physically impossible for a single ba, but you never know... I keep reminding myself that i returned here just to find a decent replacement to my dead HD600 but the voice in my head keeps getting more distant by the minute...


Edited by SkiesOfAzel - 6/5/14 at 12:20pm
post #2422 of 6000
Sent u a pm
post #2423 of 6000
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

Six pairs? Now's there's a committed tenore fan!

 

 

He is the pataburd of the Tenore thread.  :tongue:

post #2424 of 6000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaveli06 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiesOfAzel View Post

So you have both the tenores and the doppios. You shouldn't have said that. Now i have to interrogate you till i've learned everything about them.

For starters, how is their bass? Does it roll of like most dual ba do? Does it have good impact? How is decay? What about dynamic range? Are these neutral? What about timbre, is it as natural as that of the Tenores? What about soundstage, is it as wide and deep? And the most important question of all, make sure you answer this correctly:
WILL I LIKE THEM ?
good, dont notice rolloff, good, good, yes, yes, very similar, and yes. Lol, seriously though, they are both great. Worth owning both, and im in process of getting singolo also. As for comparing the 2, im not best at that, but guys like Dsnuts and Drbluenewmexico have both and did some better comparisons in the hype thread.

I can say they have better bass than any BA ive heard, right there with Earsonics SM3. Very clear and even more detailed and slightly better imaging and seperation than tenores. Tenore has a little deeper and more impact on subbass than in midbass, but doppio is flatter all the way across I say. Id definately call these a nuetral, but not bass light like alot of others are. I think they are fantastic myself

 

Wait, what? The doppios are flatter than the tenores? How so? Just less bass? More even treble? Is that possible?

post #2425 of 6000

Let the fun begin.

 

post #2426 of 6000
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post

Let the fun begin.



Good luck!
post #2427 of 6000
Well picked up my Tenore's this morning...... Mixed feeling really they can sound lovely and open but I as I feared I am having so much hassle with the fit .. Just not feeling like
I have a 100% seal......but when I do get a semi decent fit I really like how clear and open they sound. They are not really basse but when there is bass is there they do go deep...

I have been using quite a few different tips including bi's...it's just fit at the moment. I will give them a burn in and see. But I think I may have to move them on to a new home...

Just to add I am using them with my iPhone 4 and they do need a bit of juice ... I have also been using the Ostry's for a month now non stop and I love them....
post #2428 of 6000
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post

Let the fun begin.


Good luck!

 

I must be a luck b@stard. I have tried the new pairs at least twice each with a few songs selected for bass and treble levels as well as overall balance. This is only a preliminary test, but as far as I can tell, listening intently, every single pair I have is identical. Identical bass, mids and treble. As far as I can tell, you could randomly give me one of my sets and I wouldn't know which one it was...

 

I'll use them each for a good while. That proves at least one thing. My pair has not change an iota from burn in. At least, again, as far as I can tell with the first listening. I'll give it more time before confidently giving any conclusive impressions. Needless to say, that makes me SUPER HAPPY! :-P I was just praying they all worked, let alone sounded the same. haha

 

They all have the same crinkling noise too from the drive flex. I know they sound the same, because I'm using the tips I normally use instead of the new tips, to rule out changes in the tips wearing. So far go good.... Gotta go to my kid's school event. Be back later...

post #2429 of 6000

For what it's worth, the last few days i've been using the smaller mh1 tips and wearing them pretty much as deep as they go. I seem to get perfect sound and because it's the same depth every time, it only requires a bit of fiddling to get the pressure normal

post #2430 of 6000

Btw, i was gathering my flanges from the various places i store them and i found my UE flanges which means i don't know what my current flanges are. They might be senn, but then again, they also might be a completely different brand or even a no name replacement :-P. What's noticeably different is the bore, it's a lot wider than that of the UE biflanges and from what i can tell it's wider than that of the meelec flanges as well. The closest thing i've managed to find online for comparison purposes is this, but it's not exactly the same:

 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultimate-600vi-Double-Flange-Silicone/dp/B00C7OPPW0/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1402001351&sr=8-9&keywords=ultimate+ears+flanges

 

whatever it is, it sounds better than the UEs (flatter and airier), so i feel i had to correct my initial report.


Edited by SkiesOfAzel - 6/5/14 at 2:05pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread