or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread - Page 112

Poll Results: Which one would you order??

 
  • 73% (274)
    Carbo Tenore
  • 26% (97)
    Carbo Basso
371 Total Votes  
post #1666 of 5960
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post

Do you think the t200 would give better bass? Or will those subdue the bass like the t series on the er4s? I assume it's a foam thing and not really an earphone design thing...

Hmm, I've never had regular comply foam subdue bass, just treble from overhang.

 

For me with the er4s, the t100 series takes the impact out of the bass. Not so much the quantity, but it doesn't sound like it hits as tight and hard. I also get some gentle subduing of treble, even with the foam not overhanging. But it's very hard to be sure, because it could be part the amazing seal brings out the mids more evenly making it seem that way, because I always prefer the "overall" sound of the foam more, but the triple flange seems to bring out the treble air more. So I'm not completely sure. I just know they're different for sure with my ears.

 

I'd be hesitant to use them on the tenores if they either reduce bass impact or treble, because they are so perfect with silicon when they fit good. But how would you say the s200 compares overall to silicon?

post #1667 of 5960
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post

For me with the er4s, the t100 series takes the impact out of the bass. Not so much the quantity, but it doesn't sound like it hits as tight and hard. I also get some gentle subduing of treble, even with the foam not overhanging. But it's very hard to be sure, because it could be part the amazing seal brings out the mids more evenly making it seem that way, because I always prefer the "overall" sound of the foam more, but the triple flange seems to bring out the treble air more. So I'm not completely sure. I just know they're different for sure with my ears.

I'd be hesitant to use them on the tenores if they either reduce bass impact or treble, because they are so perfect with silicon when they fit good. But how would you say the s200 compares overall to silicon?

Depends on my mood. Sometimes I prefer stock tips for the harder hitting bass and sometimes I prefer the s200 tips for what I perceive as a more reference sound.
post #1668 of 5960
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post

For me with the er4s, the t100 series takes the impact out of the bass. Not so much the quantity, but it doesn't sound like it hits as tight and hard. I also get some gentle subduing of treble, even with the foam not overhanging. But it's very hard to be sure, because it could be part the amazing seal brings out the mids more evenly making it seem that way, because I always prefer the "overall" sound of the foam more, but the triple flange seems to bring out the treble air more. So I'm not completely sure. I just know they're different for sure with my ears.

I'd be hesitant to use them on the tenores if they either reduce bass impact or treble, because they are so perfect with silicon when they fit good. But how would you say the s200 compares overall to silicon?

Depends on my mood. Sometimes I prefer stock tips for the harder hitting bass and sometimes I prefer the s200 tips for what I perceive as a more reference sound.

Sounds like me with the er4s. hmmmmmm. decisions, decisions....

 

This might be common knowledge, but on some of my earphones I breath warm air on the tips to make them moist (not wet). I'm finding this makes getting a good seal with these a lot easier for me with medium tips. Just an FYI.


Edited by luisdent - 5/19/14 at 7:19pm
post #1669 of 5960

O.k., If you own a tenore it is an absolute requirement that you listen to the entire Last Samurai soundtrack on these. oh. my. god. from the most beautiful strings ever to some of the most bombastic, epic drums. so incredible sounding.

post #1670 of 5960
So I'm downloading that album while we speak 😅
post #1671 of 5960
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post

O.k., If you own a tenore it is an absolute requirement that you listen to the entire Last Samurai soundtrack on these. oh. my. god. from the most beautiful strings ever to some of the most bombastic, epic drums. so incredible sounding.
Throw some Tron Legacy soundtrack in while you're at it also. Symphony meets the dance club for a sound orgy...
post #1672 of 5960
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochill View Post

So I'm downloading that album while we speak 😅

 

You won't regret it. From start to finish though. No cheating!... It's an amazing experience.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoundfi View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post

O.k., If you own a tenore it is an absolute requirement that you listen to the entire Last Samurai soundtrack on these. oh. my. god. from the most beautiful strings ever to some of the most bombastic, epic drums. so incredible sounding.
Throw some Tron Legacy soundtrack in while you're at it also. Symphony meets the dance club for a sound orgy...

 

Got that ;)

post #1673 of 5960
Krash kale -Realize 💕 awesome from start to finish 😅
post #1674 of 5960
Found a stiff tip that are also wide bored and doesn't have the suction effect, its from the fostex Te05 , they Are also very tiny and allow for very deep insertion 😁
post #1675 of 5960
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochill View Post

Krash kale -Realize 💕 awesome from start to finish 😅
*Karsh* kale- and yeah that s**t is dope
post #1676 of 5960
Skrillex new album "recess" is bangin
post #1677 of 5960
Listening to the album and being emotionally exported to a different dimension 😅😋
post #1678 of 5960
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochill View Post

Listening to the album and being emotionally exported to a different dimension 😅😋

post #1679 of 5960
Was a nice experience, the last samurai 😅, now listening to DJ basilisk -octopus marmalade 😋😅
post #1680 of 5960
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread