or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread - Page 69

Poll Results: Which one would you order??

 
  • 73% (274)
    Carbo Tenore
  • 26% (97)
    Carbo Basso
371 Total Votes  
post #1021 of 5962

I can listen to them all day without any problem. They are very far from fatiguing, they sound so natural and gentle to the ears.

post #1022 of 5962
Quote:
Originally Posted by avlad View Post
 

I can listen to them all day without any problem. They are very far from fatiguing, they sound so natural and gentle to the ears.

Thank you, I appreciate it. Trying to find a post/thread where these compare with the Ostry KC06. =P

post #1023 of 5962

From what I've read, KC06 will have a lot less bass than the Tenore.

post #1024 of 5962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post

From what I've read, KC06 will have a lot less bass than the Tenore.

Just the opposite. The KC06 has quite a bit more bass.
post #1025 of 5962
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post


Just the opposite. The KC06 has quite a bit more bass.

Are you sure you're getting a good seal on the Tenore?  People have said Havi B3 Pro has more bass than KC06, and B3 Pro was described to have the same bass as RE-400.  Tenore has more bass than BA200, RE-400, GR07 MK2, Astrotec AX30, Fidelio S2, A161P.  I'm using meelectronics double flanged tips on the Tenore.  Stock tips didn't seal well so they didn't have much bass.


Edited by Grayson73 - 4/7/14 at 11:54am
post #1026 of 5962
I agree with Shotgunshane, lol the S2 has much more bass than the Tenore.

Well the Tenore has very little midbass bump but a good amount of subbass.
post #1027 of 5962

I'm back to stock tips. Meelec's M6 medium single flanged that I used started to mess up some frequencies and the result was some kind of hollow sound on some tracks. Too bad, they made me best seal. But I get a good one with stock tips too and the Tenore's sounds amazing. So much clarity and refinement on the treble, plenty enough of bass and the mids opened very nice after 70-80 hours. And that soundstage is just awesome. I hear a lot more details on my music than I had with vsd1s or the pistons. The Tenore's are way above them both in SQ imo. So happy with my purchase.

post #1028 of 5962

Well, planning on ordering them. So the Meelectronic's Double Flange tips work the best? Seems they come in an "all" size. From the ebay seller, on the OP, if I select them, no sizes. Oh well. Time to get my IEM's.

post #1029 of 5962

The meelec's double flange is only one size.

post #1030 of 5962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post

Are you sure you're getting a good seal on the Tenore?  People have said Havi B3 Pro has more bass than KC06, and B3 Pro was described to have the same bass as RE-400.  Tenore has more bass than BA200, RE-400, GR07 MK2, Astrotec AX30, Fidelio S2, A161P.  I'm using meelectronics double flanged tips on the Tenore.  Stock tips didn't seal well so they didn't have much bass.
The kc06 is definitely much bassier than the RE400. The RE400 has more mid bass than the Tenore but the Tenore has a good bit more sub bass and can make it sound bassier. That's why I purposefully wear with a looser seal to bring the bass more in line with the rest of the FR.
post #1031 of 5962
I hear more bass on the KC06 over the Tenore also. I'm using Sony Hybrids on the Tenore and UE TF10 tips on the KC06 and I still hear more bass on the KC06.
post #1032 of 5962
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post


The kc06 is definitely much bassier than the RE400. The RE400 has more mid bass than the Tenore but the Tenore has a good bit more sub bass and can make it sound bassier. That's why I purposefully wear with a looser seal to bring the bass more in line with the rest of the FR.

Perhaps we're saying the same thing since you're purposely wearing with a looser seal to lessen the bass.


Edited by Grayson73 - 4/8/14 at 9:31am
post #1033 of 5962
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

I hear more bass on the KC06 over the Tenore also. I'm using Sony Hybrids on the Tenore and UE TF10 tips on the KC06 and I still hear more bass on the KC06.

So which do you prefer, DannyBai?  Also, do you have the Meelectronics double flanged tips?  Lifted Andreas and I are using them.  He said this about them vs. Hybrids:

 

"Very true, I find the hybrids to be sharper on highs and they make the lows tighter. However, they aren't the best ones for Tenores. I much more prefer the M6 bi-flanges, they make the bass more round and smooth the highs out."

 

 

Everyone, you can get the double flanged tips here:

 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140821138554


Edited by Grayson73 - 4/8/14 at 9:33am
post #1034 of 5962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post

So which do you prefer, DannyBai?  Also, do you have the Meelectronics double flanged tips?  Lifted Andreas and I are using them.  He said this about them vs. Hybrids:

"Very true, I find the hybrids to be sharper on highs and they make the lows tighter. However, they aren't the best ones for Tenores. I much more prefer the M6 bi-flanges, they make the bass more round and smooth the highs out."


Everyone, you can get the double flanged tips here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140821138554
I don't have the Meelec. tips anymore but I generally can't do double or triple flange tips. I find the hybrids to give the best comfort and sound from what I have.

I am preferring the Ostry over the Tenore at the moment. As Shotgun says, the Tenore is more linear sounding. Ostry's have a bigger sound, bigger stage, harder bass impact, more forward midrange and sharper treble. Sound is different than the Tenore so worth having both.
post #1035 of 5962
While I prefer the Tenore, I can agree with above descriptions from DannyBai. Both are definitely worth owning.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread