Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) - Information, Appreciation and Impressions thread!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) - Information,... - Page 65

Poll Results: Which one would you order??

 
  • 70% (131)
    Carbo Tenore
  • 29% (56)
    Carbo Basso
187 Total Votes  
post #961 of 4314
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyostrow View Post
 

it really requires tips other than the stock, that is the biggest issue

Agree.  I didn't get a good seal with any of the stock tips.  I highly recommend the meelectronics double flange:

 

Clear - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140821138554

 

Black - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130745455297

 

You can also get them direct (DF-35 tips):

 

http://www.meelec.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=df-35&Submit=

post #962 of 4314
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post
 

Agree.  I didn't get a good seal with any of the stock tips.  I highly recommend the meelectronics double flange:

 

Clear - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140821138554

 

Black - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130745455297

 

You can also get them direct (DF-35 tips):

 

http://www.meelec.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=df-35&Submit=

 

Awesome, I might have to reconsider them then.

 

My upgrade to the HA-S500 arrived today though, the HA-S680 and I'm burning them in as I type this... so far the sound is pretty boomy but this was also true for the S500 so I'm not worried. They are definitely much, much more comfy than the S500.

post #963 of 4314

I am looking to hear the bassos if anyone would be willing to give me a shot.

anyone looking to part?

post #964 of 4314

The Bassos definitely improve out of my Supermacro 3 amp with the 75ohm switch enabled....tames the bass and clears up the highs...beautiful!

 

post #965 of 4314
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyostrow View Post
 

I am looking to hear the bassos if anyone would be willing to give me a shot.

anyone looking to part?

 

Doubt it mate,

 

Bassos are a keeper, and no one here will let them out of their sight.

 

I suggest you either order some from Amazon JP or look on eBay.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by guido View Post
 

The Bassos definitely improve out of my Supermacro 3 amp with the 75ohm switch enabled....tames the bass and clears up the highs...beautiful!

 

 

Looking good there, especially the Bassos + Tenores. Those tips look like Sony Hybrids if I'm correct.

post #966 of 4314

tips are the large supplied with the Zero Audios...but identical to the large Sonys on my MH1s...

post #967 of 4314
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido View Post
 

tips are the large supplied with the Zero Audios...but identical to the large Sonys on my MH1s...

 

Ah fair enough.

 

They just look almost exactly like the Sony Hybrids.

post #968 of 4314

Happy to join this group - Got the Carbo Basso a couple of weeks ago from Indonesia. Really great pair....mistake I made was not getting the Tenore at the same time.

 

Using the Basso with Ortofon tips from musicacoustica.

post #969 of 4314
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidrpm View Post
 

Happy to join this group - Got the Carbo Basso a couple of weeks ago from Indonesia. Really great pair....mistake I made was not getting the Tenore at the same time.

 

Using the Basso with Ortofon tips from musicacoustica.

 

Congrats mate, glad you're enjoying them!

 

Interesting tip choice too, but I recon you should still try the M6 bi-flanges which are recommended by Basso and Tenore users. ;)

post #970 of 4314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post
 

 

Congrats mate, glad you're enjoying them!

 

Interesting tip choice too, but I recon you should still try the M6 bi-flanges which are recommended by Basso and Tenore users. ;)

Thanks.

 

Will try and get hold of these tips asap.

post #971 of 4314
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidrpm View Post
 

Thanks.

 

Will try and get hold of these tips asap.

 

Good luck!

 

The best place is eBay, check out the links on the 1st page. ;)

post #972 of 4314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post
 

 

Good luck!

 

The best place is eBay, check out the links on the 1st page. ;)

:beerchug: thanks

post #973 of 4314
Thread Starter 

FiiO X3 DAP + Zero Audio Carbo Tenore = Epic synergy!!! :deadhorse:

 

 

 

Playing my January 2014 mix which will be aired on http://trance.fm this Wednesday evening (8PM UK). Self promotion ftw! :p


Edited by Lifted Andreas - 1/21/14 at 3:58am
post #974 of 4314
How are the Basso compared to Monster Turbines?
post #975 of 4314
?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) - Information, Appreciation and Impressions thread!!